2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reducing sun glare

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Reducing sun glare

I live in North Carolina. I just bought a 2013 Fit Sport. Even though it is January I can tell that the glare from the sun is going to be a problem given the large windows on the sides and the large windshield of my Fit. So I'd like to know what will be the best way to deal with that problem. Would the door visors help or should I get the tinted film on the side and rear windows? There is a legal limit on the darkness of the tinting in NC. What about a strip of darker tinted film near the top of the windshield? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:05 PM
Banned
Door visors help some, and so does an "eyebrow" vinyl banner at the top of the large windshield, and/ or a sunshade tint strip at the top of the windshield. I like my dash mat to deal with glare from the dash, but the children on the forums insist that sun glasses are the only "cool" way to deal with glare. Take your choice. Otherwise, congrats on your new car.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member
I had an "eyebrow" strip of tint installed on my front windshield. I absolutely love it, year round.

I'm about 6ft tall....so my experience with the windshield strip is that it works great for me. If I suddenly find myself with sun glare? I can usually just tilt my head up...and have it blocked by the tinted strip. I very rarely have to lower my visor.

During the summer months? I consistently drive using sunglasses. But for the other overcast months, where the appearance of the sun can be fleeting or sudden? I surprisingly really like my windshield tint strip. I wasn't sure when I purchased and had it installed (Professional Shop). But I'm very glad in retrospect that I did.

My only fear is that my windshield will break, and I'll have to have it redone again.

Oh, another advantage I discovered is during the summer if I forget to use my sunshade? Or it is a quick trip in and out of a store? The eyebrow strip is just big enough to shade the top of the steering wheel and the very front of the dash instrumentation.

Plus during the summer with the addition of sunglasses, the strip becomes "darker"....and so again, I find I almost never have to resort to lowering the rather incompetent sun visors of the Honda Fit.

Last edited by fitchet; 01-10-2013 at 01:58 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
For the same reason, I have a tint strip across the top of the windshield- it comes down just far enough that it didn't have to be trimmed to fit around the rearview mirror. It is 20%, and I think thats dark enough. I also did the rear sides in 20%, and the hatch window is 35%. I am very happy with it. It won't be expensive to just do the front strip- maybe $30.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
window visors help alot for the side windows front i dnt like tint so i put sunglasses on if it bugs buy windows visors from here Genuine Honda Accessories at Discount Prices - Authorized OEM Honda Accessories Dealer
or Honda Accessories & Maintenance Parts: Genuine OEM Honda Accessories worth every penny easy to install