2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unlock my doors, all of them please

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
Unlock my doors, all of them please

Hey guys and gals. I have a 2009 sport navi AT. I regularly put my computer bag in the car using the passenger doors. Has anyone found a way to unlock all 5 doors with only one click of the unlock button on the remote? I assume the car has the ability since if you push the interior unlock button it unlocks all doors at once. This would be a really nice feature for me. -Jason.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:30 PM
Not very hard to push the remote button twice, is it?

What I don't like is that all the doors automatically lock when I start driving and when I finally stop and put it in park they unlock the front doors but not the back ones. I have to remember to unlock the back doors which I usually forget after I get out and then have to go back and push the driver side unlock button again to get access to the back doors which I had unlocked when I started the ride.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by doane2u
Not very hard to push the remote button twice, is it?

What I don't like is that all the doors automatically lock when I start driving and when I finally stop and put it in park they unlock the front doors but not the back ones. I have to remember to unlock the back doors which I usually forget after I get out and then have to go back and push the driver side unlock button again to get access to the back doors which I had unlocked when I started the ride.
The unlock in park thing is customizable. Read the manual and follow the steps exactly.

As far as I know the remote settings are non-adjustable.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:12 AM
Thanks, Malraux, I had no idea it was possible to program things like that. Will program it to unlock all doors when I put it in park, you can also program it to do this when you turn the key to the accessory position, along with the locking options, pretty amazing.

As far as unlocking all doors with the remote, hitting the remote key twice seems pretty easy, but to each his own.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:29 AM
I figure out the auto lock and unlock when you start driving the car and when put in park. I do wish I can unlock all doors with one push of the unlock button on the remote. No it's not difficult to push twice but it does use up battery or put wear on the remote. Actually I have Compustar installed and same thing I have to press twice to open all doors.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FF101
I figure out the auto lock and unlock when you start driving the car and when put in park. I do wish I can unlock all doors with one push of the unlock button on the remote. No it's not difficult to push twice but it does use up battery or put wear on the remote. Actually I have Compustar installed and same thing I have to press twice to open all doors.
Really you are going to wear out battery and remote pushing twice? Mine is almost 4 years old and no signs of wear. If it does quit I think after 4 years I can afford to replace a battery.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:35 AM
That feature is there to reduce wear on the actuators in the door. Ever have a older car that made a creaking noise when you used the keyless entry?

Old 04-30-2013, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry I asked a simple question and get slammed because it's assumed I'm too lazy to push the button twice. Some people just have to down on anybody for any reason. There are other reasons but frankly I don't wish to get in a internet argument and have the keyboard warriors go to town on my reasoning.