2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

roof rack system

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=Ky1eRC;1212315]Here is my Thule Aeroblade with an Inno fairing on my '13 sport. I mounted it a bit spread out because I don't like the look when the bars are insanely close together.

Any difference in wind noise with or without the fairing?

Old 11-25-2013, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Regdog77
Any difference in wind noise with or without the fairing?
The Aeroblade doesn't make much if any noise as is - I like the look of the fairing which is why I threw one on there.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
I figured it was more for looks. I have the areoblades as well but still need the feet.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Question

Back from the dead...

I finally had time to put the Inno system on that I bought since we're taking a road trip but it seems the front footings are not getting tight enough. Did anyone else have this problem with Inno or other systems they installed? The rail in the rear is fine and I can tug on those without movement but the front doesn't seem to set. I do know the front will have a little bit of a gap within the rain rails. Also, it seems to be bending the bars a little when I get it tight in the front. I have already tried moving the guides. Suggestions?

Old 04-28-2014, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by michaels
Back from the dead...

I finally had time to put the Inno system on that I bought since we're taking a road trip but it seems the front footings are not getting tight enough. Did anyone else have this problem with Inno or other systems they installed? The rail in the rear is fine and I can tug on those without movement but the front doesn't seem to set. I do know the front will have a little bit of a gap within the rain rails. Also, it seems to be bending the bars a little when I get it tight in the front. I have already tried moving the guides. Suggestions?
Not sure how the inno racks fit. Did you check the specs for the length of the front bar to windshield? Could have not setup the feet and fit kit correctly. Check those

Old 04-28-2014, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by michaels
Back from the dead...

On my Inno rack, I first tried to move the feet further out (to close that gap at the rail gutter), but that caused the problem you described. So maybe try moving the feet inward on the bars 1/8 or 1/4 inch. I think you'll also get a tighter clamping action if you move the feet/bar back away from the windshield a bit more.

I checked the marks I use to install my Inno rack, and from the back edge of the closed front door to the center of the clamp on the rack is 6.5 inches. I don't remember if that's what the instructions specified.

I haven't noticed any bending of the bar on my rack.

If you get desperate, maybe put some thin rubber sheet under the front feet to raise the feet up a bit. That might tighten the clamp.

Let us know if you get it solved...

Old 04-29-2014, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Regdog77
Not sure how the inno racks fit. Did you check the specs for the length of the front bar to windshield? Could have not setup the feet and fit kit correctly. Check those
Yes, I checked the specs but my instructions were given to measure from the side pillar. I checked again yesterday and re-positioned the feet. Everything seemed to come out good and the back part of the clips "dropped" when turning the locks like the instructions said. I did this a few times on Sunday but after a day at Sea World with the family I just took a break and bbq'd.

Originally Posted by Ultrawolf
On my Inno rack, I first tried to move the feet further out (to close that gap at the rail gutter), but that caused the problem you described. So maybe try moving the feet inward on the bars 1/8 or 1/4 inch. I think you'll also get a tighter clamping action if you move the feet/bar back away from the windshield a bit more.

I checked the marks I use to install my Inno rack, and from the back edge of the closed front door to the center of the clamp on the rack is 6.5 inches. I don't remember if that's what the instructions specified.

I haven't noticed any bending of the bar on my rack.

If you get desperate, maybe put some thin rubber sheet under the front feet to raise the feet up a bit. That might tighten the clamp.

Let us know if you get it solved...
Yes, I ended up moving them slightly closer even though I tried that on Sunday too. Everything clicked and got locked down. The 6.5 inches sounds about right. I measured in mm which I believe was 170mm.

Here is a picture, plastidip'd. Turn your head to see. Sorry if it's sideways but I already changed the direction and I can see it fine but messes itself up when posted.

Name:  Innowithplastidip.jpg
Views: 1568
Size:  34.4 KB

Last edited by michaels; 04-29-2014 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Plastidip picture added.