2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Drive-in Movie Theater

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Drive-in Movie Theater

I am going to a drive-in movie for the first time. I will be taking my 2013 Honda Fit Sport. What would be the best way to watch the movie with a date? If I were to lay down the seats and open up the back hatch it would probably block the people behind us. Leaving the hatch closed would mean a small window opening with lines through it. Looking out the front window probably wouldn't be as much fun since we'd be sitting up. Any ideas on what would work the best?

Old 09-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Are you actually going to watch the movie? Because that changes things.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Lol, with the way things have been going we probably won't be watching the movie a whole lot. There are three movies though so we might actually decide to watch part of the time.. maybe..

Old 09-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Any recommendations on how to set it up for making out...?

Old 09-09-2013, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
Just don't forget to clean the windows before you go to the drive in

Name:  CoolHandLukeCarWash.gif
Views: 993
Size:  3.46 MB

Old 09-09-2013, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
Take the Chevy Van and be done with it. Oh and condoms

Old 09-09-2013, 03:08 PM
Tint the windows or get a sweet windowless van

Old 09-09-2013, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
1. The windshield is big enough if you actually want to see the movie.

2. WITHOUT PICTURES - IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

3. Use a piece of twine to tie the hatch down to a nearly level position.

4. WITHOUT PICTURES - IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

5. Go to the furthest row in the back and don't worry about the hatch (it'll give her an idea on your intentions as well)

6. WITHOUT PICTURES - IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

Old 09-09-2013, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
Wait, if you want to open the back hatch, that would mean you're facing the car in the opposite direction, right?

In that case, I think opening the hatch probably wouldn't bother the folks in the back as much. Tying it down as per hogwylde's suggestion would probably interfere more with YOUR viewing (if you actually watch the movie).

You could try to park in front of a couple that looks like they're nervous... I'd bet they're thinking of "not watching the movie" too. In which case, you blocking their view wouldn't matter.

If you park facing forward, you can recline the back of the front seats so you aren't so upright.

Maybe you can try doing a pseudo "refresh" seat arrangement. Go to the back seats, make sure they're in the reclined mode. Next, move the front seats as far forward as possible. Finally, take off the headrest from the front seats and recline them as far down as possible. It won't come close to what the GDs could do... but maybe it's enough to sit in back and watch from there? Maybe bring something to fill up the space so you could sit on top of the reclined front seat?

Old 09-09-2013, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
Just pop the hatch, the fit is a fairly small/low car and most of the drive-ins I've been to are "tiered" so the people behind are just a little bit higher than you. It's not like the Fit with the hatch open would be any higher than a van or truck with a cap. (Heck, park next to one at a mall and see how high the hatch actually goes in comparison).

Bring a jumper pack for your the car... An be sure to figure out a way to shutoff the hatch light.

or... Bring a blanket or two - Bed bath and beyond has those folding basket chairs for two (dorm room stuff) on clearance.

~SB

Old 09-09-2013, 10:10 PM
lol

If you are facing directly at it with front of car, remvoe the front seats' headrests, scoot them forward, and use the back seats for sitting/ "lounging"

Upper fornt seats will now be your thigh/leg supports when folded back

Old 09-09-2013, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Why is the trunk monkey coming to mind?

Old 09-09-2013, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
Park backwards pop the hatch. Fold seats and lay some blankets down. Don't worry about the other cars as most drive SUVs and trucks. Bring some drinks and food and then get your Mac on. This may be ghetto but bring a radio as you do not want to look like an idiot if you drain your battery. I used go to the drive-in a lot before I got married and had kids great place if you bringing a date.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
So, I've done the drive-in with my Fit once before, and I would like to do it again when I find someone to go with again. We pulled in backwards and left the hatch open. There were two challenges we faced:

1. The light in the back cargo compartment. You'll need to turn it off. I found that installing this part works great for that: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ml#post1116951 The install was easy as could be. Just make sure you read the later posts in the thread for tips on how to remove the original, and make sure you save the original bulb or order a replacement LED.

2. The stereo channels are going to be backwards. I haven't made a solution yet, but my theory is if I hack a stereo patch cable to reverse the channels, and plug it to a small FM radio, all will be good. Though if anyone has found a setting I've overlooked, or has an alternative idea, I'm all ears.

Some drive-ins don't give you a choice on where you're supposed to park, packing you in front to back as you arrive... especially if you arrive just before the movie starts. However, if you get the chance to park towards the back, it certainly could counter your concerns about the hatch blocking anyone else's view. All that said, the screen's usually high enough up that it shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck, and enjoy!

Old 09-15-2013, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
Bring chairs and sit outside bro.