2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm trouble!! Cant find the problemm

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 03:44 AM
Alarm trouble!! Cant find the problemm

Hi and good evening to everyone,

Im trying to find the way to solve this but its getting dificult.

The alarm of my honda fit ex 2009, is working ok except for the fact that it just doesnt make any sound.

When i open the car it unlock doors perfectly
When i close the car it locks doors perfectly
Hood, trunk and oil door works fine too
It lights 3 times when closed and ones when open

The problem is that it just doesnt make any sound when i get in the car, actuvate the alarm, wait until it get well setted and open a door, the lights stsrt to turn on and off as were working ok but no sound is made.

The horn works ok when i use it from the steering wheel.

So... Any help??? i tryed cheking fuses, looking if both horns works ok, trying to find a disconected wire, but nothing comes out... Thank youuuu

Old 05-04-2014, 04:01 AM
First question is did the horn sound before, Mine has never sounded, the indicator lights 3 times on close and once on open.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:04 AM
Thank you for your answer, i dont know i bought the car used, but it dosnt make any sense an alarm that just doesnt make any sound, i made the same step by step in a friend's car to make the alarm sound and yes, it makes the horn sound when open a door with the alarm activated... So mines doesnt works

Old 05-04-2014, 04:54 AM
I tested now and the horn does not sound if you arm and open the door, but I armed and waited 5 min and then opened the door and the horn sounded, just realized how puny the OEM horn is. Try wait a few minutes and try, if it still does not work go and ask your local Honda dealer, it may just be a setting they can change with the Honda diag unit.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:59 AM
Greattt i will try waiting a few minutes, no logic at all but if it worked for you... Maybe there are few more programming around the alarm as opening windows, panic, and lights or horn signals to locate the car

Old 05-04-2014, 11:04 AM
Hi, im back at the car, i tryed doing that, i get in the car, activated the alarm, waited about 5 minutes and opened a door, but the alarm makes the same thing, it just reacts as its working properly except for the non working horn...

Now i tryed activating the alarm from the outside, leaving a window open and the key far from the car, (maybe the alarm was conecting to the key) but the same story... Pleaseee helppp

Old 05-04-2014, 11:41 AM
There are 2 horns in the Fit. One that is your basic horn--beeps when you push the steering wheel, and another for the alarm, which is tucked in the side behind the driver's headlight. When you lock your doors by pressing the lock button, it will not chirp, but if you push the lock button again within a few seconds the secondary horn should chirp. Keep pushing it, and it will keep chirping. If you get no chirp, I would say your secondary horn is dead, or the wiring to it is broken. Also, make sure your hood is closed when you check it, otherwise it will never chirp.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:10 PM
So it seems that the horn or its wires are broken, cus i tryed everything else, i will try to take the grille off to access the horns and check whats going on, i think the horn shouldnt work by pressing the lock button anyway cus my key fob is the one that comes without panic... I will tell you what happens later!!

I really apressiate your responses!! Thank you!!

Old 05-04-2014, 01:52 PM
You do not have to take off the grille to access the secondary horn. Open the hood and look behind the driver's headlight.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:48 PM
I allready do so, them are behind the grille but before the hood structure (where the lock is), i can see them just behind the grille and i can even touch them with a stick throw the grille holes, i will be back in a few hours and will tell you some news.

To take off the grille there are just 2 screws and a few shackles...

Old 05-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Ok im back...

I taked off the grille (i definitelly dont recomend doing so), finally got to access the horns, as i can see, when you push the steering wheel, both of them works and them actually do, when the alarm is armed and ringing just one, thats whats not working, i tested the wires and nothing goes throw them when the alarm is ringing, so the problem should be in the inside, but cant find where... Any idea?

Old 05-07-2014, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
Double tap the lock button when locking the door...

The Sports Fit here can be programmed for silent arm/disarm, where it only flashes when locking/unlocking doors, but it can beep if you hit the lock button twice rapidly.

Now, on the other hand... The second horn ISN'T supposed to go off when you honk, so it might have been rewired to do that by disconnecting the wire from the security, to the normal horn.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Wires are ok, i tested them, both horns work, i clean them and sprayed some WD40, the problemm is somewere inside the car, no signal at all reach horns when alarm is in panic... Todays afternoon im going to honda service, they probably can help me bye scanning the car, but the attention and their prices are not good, maybe i can find the problemm and later i tell you!

Old 05-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Finally!!!! The honda fit ex GE8 has 3 horns, not one not two, 3 this is because one horn is like a deep tone the other one is much more sharp, but together ring much stronger.

The third horn is behind the bumper and just after the battery, a little bit under it, is exactly the same horn but just used for the alarm, mines is a bit crashed like something went over it, just have to repair or change it, im going to take the battery off is not far at all for doing it with a few tools...

Thank you to everyone, hope this helps you sometime!!

As i were trying so deep to fix things in my fit i can maybe help you with another thing, just send me a messege!