2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a 2012 Fit Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Just bought a 2012 Fit Sport

Hi guys! So I sold my SRT4 that was falling apart and bought a Fit. I fell in love with it after a friend bought one and didn't know how to drive manual, so I had to drive it off the lot for them and teach them. Here are my questions:

Can I run some spacers on the stock wheels to make the stance a tiny bit wider? I was thinking 5mm but I know nothing about spacers.

What are your favorite suspension modifications for a daily driver? I'm not going to do time attack at the track every day, but I love hauling ass on back roads when I'm in the mood. Coilovers that don't ruin the car for daily driving, basically?

Lastly, someone keyed my car 2 weeks after I bought it. Do people hate this car or something? Or is it just my city? Or maybe my ex-girlfriend...

Anyway this is my introduction post. Hello everyone and I hope to have many awesome conversations with you all!

Almost forgot the picture. This is it

Last edited by Collin Quinn; 06-27-2014 at 01:15 PM. Reason: things
Old 06-27-2014, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Collin Quinn
Hi guys! So I sold my SRT4 that was falling apart and bought a Fit. I fell in love with it after a friend bought one and didn't know how to drive manual, so I had to drive it off the lot for them and teach them. Here are my questions:

Can I run some spacers on the stock wheels to make the stance a tiny bit wider? I was thinking 5mm but I know nothing about spacers.

What are your favorite suspension modifications for a daily driver? I'm not going to do time attack at the track every day, but I love hauling ass on back roads when I'm in the mood. Coilovers that don't ruin the car for daily driving, basically?

Lastly, someone keyed my car 2 weeks after I bought it. Do people hate this car or something? Or is it just my city? Or maybe my ex-girlfriend...

Anyway this is my introduction post. Hello everyone and I hope to have many awesome conversations with you all!

Almost forgot the picture. This is it
Welcome to the fit world 2012 or 13 is the best years to get you should be able to run the spacers no problem I wouldn't waste your money on coilovers some springs will be just fine many good companies out there I run tein myself maybe some sway bars to stiffen it up a little also enjoy the car it's perfect all around car and as for the guys who keyed your car prob some loser ass kids with no job or car hating on you it's their way of saying we envy your life and hate our own so we go and try to bring the world to our level to feel better about them selfs just brush it off best you can now go and enjoy many years in your awesome car

Last edited by HONDA4LIFE420; 06-27-2014 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:07 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, my '12 got keyed as well about 2 wks into ownership. it wasnt too deep on mine so i just polished mine off. my fits are dd's so i dont really care that much about minor scuffs. our contracted landscapers have put chips on the side of my cars from their leaf blowers, snow shovelers scuffed the rocker, etc. oh well.

not sure if it's just the fit or not cause my other dd's have been keyed at supermarkets.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
yah, my '12 got keyed as well about 2 wks into ownership. it wasnt too deep on mine so i just polished mine off. my fits are dd's so i dont really care that much about minor scuffs. our contracted landscapers have put chips on the side of my cars from their leaf blowers, snow shovelers scuffed the rocker, etc. oh well.

not sure if it's just the fit or not cause my other dd's have been keyed at supermarkets.
I'm surprised I'm not the only one! What is wrong with people?

Old 06-27-2014, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
Figured I might as well post my old ride. Here it is

I put over 10k into the car and Pittsburgh eventually started to kill it. I'll always miss the highway roll power the thing had. It was retarded fast on the highway lol

Really excited to start turning this Fit into a beast. K20 turbo is what I'm thinking.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:09 PM
Welcome to the club.

If you don't need ride height adjustments or damper adjustments and don't want to go low, lowering springs on Koni STR.T would be a good daily setup. Swift are good for springs, I have Teins and I like them, stock shocks lasted a while on them. Bilstein makes a good coilover for daily, autocross or light track duty if you don't want to go low low.

IIRC people have run as high as +15 bolt on spacers on the stock wheels on here.

My car got it's first scratches a few days after ownership. I think it was the paper plates LOL. The Fit's paint is thin, keep that in mind while you're washing and keep it waxed, it will help. I think that's why so many people see the scratches, not so much because it's a Fit, because the paint is so easy to scratch.

Too bad about the SRT... my ex had a SXT, same gen, and I thought it'd be a fun little car with more power like the SRT has. Despite their bad reputation that car was pretty reliable as long as we had it, it was only in the shop once in 3 years or so and she got it used too. I think the owners' lack of maintenance gives them a bad rap, not so much the car, because I maintained it regularly and it was fine.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Welcome to the club.

If you don't need ride height adjustments or damper adjustments and don't want to go low, lowering springs on Koni STR.T would be a good daily setup. Swift are good for springs, I have Teins and I like them, stock shocks lasted a while on them. Bilstein makes a good coilover for daily, autocross or light track duty if you don't want to go low low.

IIRC people have run as high as +15 bolt on spacers on the stock wheels on here.

My car got it's first scratches a few days after ownership. I think it was the paper plates LOL. The Fit's paint is thin, keep that in mind while you're washing and keep it waxed, it will help. I think that's why so many people see the scratches, not so much because it's a Fit, because the paint is so easy to scratch.

Too bad about the SRT... my ex had a SXT, same gen, and I thought it'd be a fun little car with more power like the SRT has. Despite their bad reputation that car was pretty reliable as long as we had it, it was only in the shop once in 3 years or so and she got it used too. I think the owners' lack of maintenance gives them a bad rap, not so much the car, because I maintained it regularly and it was fine.
Absolutely. People let cars rot. I sold mine for 7k to a friend and he put a bunch of money into it. I just couldn't justify putting another 5k into a car I already paid 16k for.

I'm really excited to swap already. Ugh, I'm already getting WAY too far ahead of myself.