2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

road noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 05:29 AM
Originally Posted by fitchet
I think the easiest move is learning to ignore it...."white noise" or applying insulation and sound deadening products, which can be a significant project.
I'm sorry but this is how you develop hyperacusis or tinnitus

Old 07-14-2022, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
I was going to suggest wearing earplugs. I wear them on motorcycles and in cars. They protect me from the loud stuff, but they do not block out the things that I have to hear in order to safely operate the vehicle. With earplugs, there are factors to consider, including local laws. If not earplugs, a quieter car may be the way to go. Just don't open the windows. Where I live, in Los Angeles, everybody and his mother has a racing exhaust on their crumby little Civic. If they blow by you in traffic, not only do you lose your hearing, your eyeglasses crack and fly off your face.

Old 07-14-2022, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Mister Coffee
I was going to suggest wearing earplugs. I wear them on motorcycles and in cars. They protect me from the loud stuff, but they do not block out the things that I have to hear in order to safely operate the vehicle. With earplugs, there are factors to consider, including local laws. If not earplugs, a quieter car may be the way to go. Just don't open the windows. Where I live, in Los Angeles, everybody and his mother has a racing exhaust on their crumby little Civic. If they blow by you in traffic, not only do you lose your hearing, your eyeglasses crack and fly off your face.
I already do this. The issue is the noise generated by rough roads somehow still gets to me ear. It's insane. I tried ear plugs. I tried deeper ear plugs. I put huge ear muffs on in the dark. But somehow the specific jarring noise still makes it's way to my ears. It got even worse when I swapped to different tires(had to change back). The engine noise doesn't bother me. Wind noise doesn't. It's this noise from rough roads that I actually hear in other cars, but in the other cars doesn't actually bother me. In fact one of the cars I drive everyday is a Kei car. Kei cars are horrible yet it's somehow more tolerable then the Fit right now. Kinda sad honestly