2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Newbie needs help (2010 Fit Sport)

Old 12-18-2016, 09:07 PM
Red face Newbie needs help (2010 Fit Sport)

Hello,

I own a 2010 Honda Fit sport @ 39300 miles. I have the following issues I need help with :

1) I can barely get 25 MPG on a good day, after reading the numbers on this forum I am wondering what might be wrong with the car. My tires are nearly at the last %10 of their life and I am planning to get new tires asap. Possibly Michelin Premier A/S

2) I can feel the back of the car is slightly shaking/instable especially during the turns, is it common?

3) I have changed the engine air filter recently and do the regular oil changes, what do you recommend to get in my 30K maintenance done (I know I delayed it a bit). I am sure it depends on the state but any idea on how much it will cost?

4)My heaters stopped blowing to the floor, what might be wrong?

5) After me contacting the dealer right after the recall mail, they mentioned they will call me when the parts are available. No word yet. Should I call them and ask for a loaner to possibly speed things up?

Thanks you all.

Last edited by berkunis; 12-18-2016 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:13 AM
I'm not sure what the issues might be, but:
1, My 2012 Fit Sport gets 26-27 MPG around town. It's an AT with 50K miles on it.
2, My car doesn't do this.
3, Follow the Maintenance Minder.
4, Don't know.
5, Yes.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:20 AM
5 Year Member
I agree with "The Fitness". If I fill up the gas and get right on the highway (constant 65 mph), I'll get 40 mpg (original skinny tires). Just driving around town in the winter, I'll get 25 mpg (I also have oversize tires, a modified exhaust system, winter gas blends are different than summer, and your engine runs rich [more fuel] upon start up but that lasts longer in the winter). When adding 40 miles per day of highway driving to / from work to local start / stop, I get 29 - 32 mpg (depends how you fill the gas tank). On average the dashboard mpg and the calculated mpg (paper & pencil) do agree but it swings back an forth by 0 - 6 mpg on every fill-up.

As for the heater, a mouse nest inside / on top of the cabin filter (behind the glove box) stop the proper operation of my recirculation lever / function. Not sure about all other flaps but in that case, the flap is operated by a physical cable, therefore, it isn't a system that works on vacuum hoses opening / closing flaps and prone to leaks. I'd look for an obstruction (mouse nest) or a broken cable / cable mounting point.

On the recall, yes, call them. I first visited the dealer about the airbag on my 2011 Sport. Yes, put on the list. Months later called, yes, on the list but they didn't have the part but will call (is this a good number?) Then I receive a certified letter stating that they weren't holding the spot open for me anymore since I haven't responded to their numerous attempts to contact me at ***-***-**** (which is the only phone # I have). I called them and left a message and they eventually called back to the same number they said didn't work. I now have a new airbag, so I'm told, but I did find steering wheel parts on the floor that I had to go back again to have them re-install (PITA).

The moral of the story is, 'if you want something, you have to make it happen'. Customer service is getting worse everyday in a lot of businesses.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
If automatic, your fuel economy will suffer greatly in comparison to the manual Fits.

My fuel economy:

Yazz #2 (Honda Fit) | Fuelly

You can see how hard cooler/cold temperatures hit my mileage.

If you're largely doing short/urban commutes, your economy will suffer.

If you drive much faster than 65ish, your fuel economy will suffer.

If your car is out of alignment, your fuel economy will suffer.

Etc.