2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I go ahead and replace my clutch? Having occasional lurch issues...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 12:45 AM
Should I go ahead and replace my clutch? Having occasional lurch issues...

Okay so my car is having some abnormal jerking when I up shift. I bought my fit used with about 89k miles on it, I've put about 10k on it and here are some things that I have have noticed or worked on.

So when I first got the car it was EXTREMELY jerky. Not smooth at all, I learned that the trans fill cap was leaking from not being tightened from the previous owner/carmax so I went ahead and replaced the trans fluid which helped with the smoothness of shifts, but overall did nothing for the jerk/lurch. So I kept troubleshooting, bought a bleed kit and bled the clutch fluid.. It was BROWN! But the funny thing is that in the fluid reservoir it looked brand new (this is a couple of months after I bought it) Could be CMC issue So the most recent thing I have done is change the slave cylinder, and reinforced my mounts...

I will say at this point the car feels pretty damn smooth, but it still jerks sometimes when I'm shifting occasionally, and I can promise that it's not driver error. I have tried shifting as slowly and smoothly as possible and it still happens... I'm thinking it's either the CMC/delay valve from being clogged with the nasty fluid that was probably in there since the car came off the assembly.. I already have a clutch kit, but I don't want to replace it if it doesn't need it.. It has slipped on hills before, but that stopped when I changed the slave (maybe the second bleed fixed that?)

Anyone had a similar experience? I'm planning to start using my fit for ride sharing and I'm afraid someone is gonna snap on me (or snap their neck) for not shifting smoothly lol!