2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Under hood trip part fasteners: Part number?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Under hood trip part fasteners: Part number?

I have a series of small, black fasteners that seem to be disappearing on my 2012 FIT. They are these little parts (see pictures attached) that are holding the trim, that directs air from the grill to the engine bay. When you lift the hood, this big rubber piece is on the right.

I bet I could save a little time and cash if I had a part number and could order them on the web, versus going to a dealer.

Anyone have an idea on part number?

Attached Thumbnails Under hood trip part fasteners: Part number?-img_0696.jpg   Under hood trip part fasteners: Part number?-img_0694.jpg  
Old 12-20-2017, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
I don't have a part number for you, but here's what I ordered...

Amazon Amazon

There are lots of other options on Amazon besides those, but I can say the ones I got are very similar to OEM quality.

With the big bag in my inventory, I now yank them out without hesitation and pitch them in the trash. Also went through and replaced all that were easy to get to just to have new clean ones.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member

91512-R21-013 is the part number for those clips

Old 12-14-2019, 01:59 AM
Talking Help with those fasteners

Hello,
New to this site but will likely be back often.

I have a couple of questions please.

1. What IS the name of that rubber under the hood thing on the driver's side?
2. I have the clips. But I don't know how to get them in. Is there a video on YouTube that shows it please?

Thanks!
LoveMyEgg (Egg is the name of my white Fit!)

Old 12-15-2019, 06:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MyEggy
Hello,
New to this site but will likely be back often.

I have a couple of questions please.

1. What IS the name of that rubber under the hood thing on the driver's side?
2. I have the clips. But I don't know how to get them in. Is there a video on YouTube that shows it please?

Thanks!
LoveMyEgg (Egg is the name of my white Fit!)
It is called a rubber thing. Anyhow the clips. Push around the outside of the clip to insert it. Then push down on the center to expand it and keep from coming out.

Old 11-27-2020, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
A number of the engine air intake air Duct clips have broken on our 2013 GE and rather than leaving the Duct askew and hanging down, I removed the Duct in hope of buying new clips at my Dealer. This morning I learned that they have none.

If I leave the Duct off for a week or two while I have 5 Ea new clips on order, will it affect the "driveability" of our Fit in any way? I'm guessing that it may have less cool engine intake air and thus a bit less power, but that the engine would run fine. As y'all know, there's no actual connection between the output end of the Duct and the engine air intake anyway.

What do you think?

Last edited by Alco RS-1; 11-27-2020 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Alco RS-1
A number of the engine air intake air Duct clips have broken on our 2013 GE and rather than leaving the Duct askew and hanging down, I removed the Duct in hope of buying new clips at my Dealer. This morning I learned that they have none.

If I leave the Duct off for a week or two while I have 5 Ea new clips on order, will it affect the "driveability" of our Fit in any way? I'm guessing that it may have less cool engine intake air and thus a bit less power, but that the engine would run fine. As y'all know, there's no actual connection between the output end of the Duct and the engine air intake anyway.

What do you think?
It won't matter at all. I'd skip those dealer clips and order a giant bag of them from Amazon for less money. I also bought a big divided plastic box of misc import style fasteners and just keep them around. Costs very little to just have them on hand.

Old 11-29-2020, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member

What do you think?
I'd buy $2 worth of Christmas tree fasteners at almost any auto parts store and forget about it. Fixed mine something like 4 years ago, never had a problem since.

Old 11-30-2020, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
Okay, sounds good y'all. Good idea to just buy a mess of clips to have on hand. My kid drove the Fit on a three hour trip yesterday without the duct and reported nothing odd. I will remount it, but in my own time. Thanks.

Old 12-02-2020, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
I had a couple fasteners that were missing on the cooling duct under the hood. 2012 Honda Fit.

I both these at Amazon and they worked perfectly:
Amazon Amazon

Old 05-06-2022, 02:05 PM

What do you think?
Anytime I went to Honda dealer for oil change, they destroyed many of these intake air duct clips. There are six in complete set. Most of time when I left the dealer, there are only three left in tact to keep the intake air duct barely in place. While driving, it makes a little noise because the loose air duct bumping into the hood. Amazon are selling the non-OEM clips cheap but the reviews said when people took them out, the clips are destroyed. Some said the expensive Honda OEM clips can be reused. But I don't know. I went to Honda dealer bought the genuine ones. After oil change, three of them no longer works. Maybe the technicians are too rough or the clips are easily to break.

Last edited by ArQ1111; 05-06-2022 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-06-2022, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
When I do my oil change, I don't remove any clips...

Old 05-06-2022, 03:20 PM
This information is based on Amazon review. Someone said technicians need to remove air intake duct clips before oil change. I assume this information is correct. Since every time I went to Honda for oil change, I found the air in take duct are missing such clips so it keeps bumping to the hood to make noise while driving home. Luckily I have a box of such clips bought from Amazon cheap so I just insert new ones after arriving home.
[Edited] This is when I went to Honda dealer for basic "B1 service" which includes more than just oil change. Don't know which service they performed needs to take the clips out.

Last edited by ArQ1111; 05-07-2022 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-19-2024, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
Had a chance to replace some of the missing clips in mine today. The air duct was very dirty. So while it was taken out, I cleaned it up good. Maybe the dealer mess around with the clips as mentioned in previous post to remove the air duct and clean it as well. Can't really see any other reason to mess with them.

The clip size you need is the 8mm diameter ones. Mine came in variety box of different sizes. In the box, I got both the type that allows you to pop it loose again easily, and the other type that locks tight in place and you end up breaking it when trying to remove it.