Converting FIT to Euro Spec JAZZ, Headlight debacle - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Go Back  Unofficial Honda FIT Forums > The Honda Fit and Jazz Forums > 2nd Generation (GE 08-13)
Reload this Page >

Converting FIT to Euro Spec JAZZ, Headlight debacle

2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Converting FIT to Euro Spec JAZZ, Headlight debacle

Reply

 
 
 
  #1  
Old 10-11-2018, 05:19 AM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Berlin
Posts: 1
Question Converting FIT to Euro Spec JAZZ, Headlight debacle

Hey All,
I recently shipped my 2011 Honda Fit Sport 5 Door Automatic from the USA to Germany and I am running into one major hurdle (everything else worked out). Looks like I need some ECE (Euro Spec) headlights. I ordered some headlights off AutoDoc that said they would fit (pun not intended, but I'll take it) and alas they did not. I was wondering if there is a body Change between the Euro Jazz and the US Fit? It almost seemed like the headlights had more curve in them and the brackets did not match up.
Any help would be great! Thanks!
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-11-2018, 03:50 PM
Goobers's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wandering around.
Posts: 3,899
Originally Posted by chapsmcollon View Post
Hey All,
I recently shipped my 2011 Honda Fit Sport 5 Door Automatic from the USA to Germany and I am running into one major hurdle (everything else worked out). Looks like I need some ECE (Euro Spec) headlights. I ordered some headlights off AutoDoc that said they would fit (pun not intended, but I'll take it) and alas they did not. I was wondering if there is a body Change between the Euro Jazz and the US Fit? It almost seemed like the headlights had more curve in them and the brackets did not match up.
Any help would be great! Thanks!
Yup, there's a body difference from US Fit and pretty much all other countries for the 2nd generation Fits. The US had/has different safely regulations, that caused the nose of the Fit to lengthen (along with redesigning the headlights too).
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-11-2018, 06:12 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,071
Can you just swap in white bulbs for the orange? What else makes it euro spec?

Otherwise I fear you may be trying to find US market euro style headlights and I don't know if those exist or they do not.
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-11-2018, 08:08 PM
julianachos's Avatar
Member
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Delaware
Posts: 89
***Don't quote me on this as this is just from what I've seen. Your results may vary.***

The early model GE8 short nose seem to have the same shape as the North America long nose GE8s, where as the facelifted GE8s have different shaped headlights.

This guy I follow on Instagram has a Japanese pre-facelift GE8 with US-spec headlights. They seem to fit well.




The facelifted short nose GE8s have a curve to their headlights.


 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-12-2018, 05:41 PM
Goobers's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wandering around.
Posts: 3,899
Originally Posted by julianachos View Post
***Don't quote me on this as this is just from what I've seen. Your results may vary.***

The early model GE8 short nose seem to have the same shape as the North America long nose GE8s, where as the facelifted GE8s have different shaped headlights.

This guy I follow on Instagram has a Japanese pre-facelift GE8 with US-spec headlights. They seem to fit well.

The facelifted short nose GE8s have a curve to their headlights.

They "seem" similar, but they aren't. The short nose moves two (of four) mounting positions around. I know this, because I bought JDM based headlights for my USDM Fit before the facelift came about. Mounts aside, it also won't quite sit flush with the bumper.

Did you check to see HOW the person you're following actually mounted the headlight? For all we know, that person probably encountered the same issues mentioned and modified the mounts to make the headlight and bumpers mount.
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-12-2018, 07:31 PM
julianachos's Avatar
Member
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Delaware
Posts: 89
Originally Posted by Goobers View Post
They "seem" similar, but they aren't. The short nose moves two (of four) mounting positions around. I know this, because I bought JDM based headlights for my USDM Fit before the facelift came about. Mounts aside, it also won't quite sit flush with the bumper.

Did you check to see HOW the person you're following actually mounted the headlight? For all we know, that person probably encountered the same issues mentioned and modified the mounts to make the headlight and bumpers mount.
Was gonna ask when I first saw it, but then realized Id wait for a while on a time zone difference plus potential lost in translation questions and explanations if I get a response. Do you happen to have any photos of how the fitment was when you did it?

Wonder if its a hybrid JDM/USDM where the actual housing is JDM and uses the USDM face housing and lens?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
connor55
3rd Generation (2015+)
11
05-30-2015 12:11 AM
cjecpa
Other Car Related Discussions
0
02-25-2013 01:57 PM
richard612
Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications
5
09-24-2011 08:50 PM
Jonny_405
Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination
3
10-02-2010 03:00 PM
chinkyy
Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling
13
12-20-2009 04:12 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Converting FIT to Euro Spec JAZZ, Headlight debacle


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.