Converting FIT to Euro Spec JAZZ, Headlight debacle - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Go Back  Unofficial Honda FIT Forums > The Honda Fit and Jazz Forums > 2nd Generation (GE 08-13)
Reload this Page >

Converting FIT to Euro Spec JAZZ, Headlight debacle

2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Converting FIT to Euro Spec JAZZ, Headlight debacle

Old 10-11-2018, 05:19 AM
Question Converting FIT to Euro Spec JAZZ, Headlight debacle

Hey All,
I recently shipped my 2011 Honda Fit Sport 5 Door Automatic from the USA to Germany and I am running into one major hurdle (everything else worked out). Looks like I need some ECE (Euro Spec) headlights. I ordered some headlights off AutoDoc that said they would fit (pun not intended, but I'll take it) and alas they did not. I was wondering if there is a body Change between the Euro Jazz and the US Fit? It almost seemed like the headlights had more curve in them and the brackets did not match up.
Any help would be great! Thanks!

Old 10-11-2018, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chapsmcollon View Post
Hey All,
I recently shipped my 2011 Honda Fit Sport 5 Door Automatic from the USA to Germany and I am running into one major hurdle (everything else worked out). Looks like I need some ECE (Euro Spec) headlights. I ordered some headlights off AutoDoc that said they would fit (pun not intended, but I'll take it) and alas they did not. I was wondering if there is a body Change between the Euro Jazz and the US Fit? It almost seemed like the headlights had more curve in them and the brackets did not match up.
Any help would be great! Thanks!
Yup, there's a body difference from US Fit and pretty much all other countries for the 2nd generation Fits. The US had/has different safely regulations, that caused the nose of the Fit to lengthen (along with redesigning the headlights too).

Old 10-11-2018, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
Can you just swap in white bulbs for the orange? What else makes it euro spec?

Otherwise I fear you may be trying to find US market euro style headlights and I don't know if those exist or they do not.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:08 PM
***Don't quote me on this as this is just from what I've seen. Your results may vary.***

The early model GE8 short nose seem to have the same shape as the North America long nose GE8s, where as the facelifted GE8s have different shaped headlights.

This guy I follow on Instagram has a Japanese pre-facelift GE8 with US-spec headlights. They seem to fit well.

The facelifted short nose GE8s have a curve to their headlights.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by julianachos View Post
***Don't quote me on this as this is just from what I've seen. Your results may vary.***

The early model GE8 short nose seem to have the same shape as the North America long nose GE8s, where as the facelifted GE8s have different shaped headlights.

This guy I follow on Instagram has a Japanese pre-facelift GE8 with US-spec headlights. They seem to fit well.

The facelifted short nose GE8s have a curve to their headlights.

They "seem" similar, but they aren't. The short nose moves two (of four) mounting positions around. I know this, because I bought JDM based headlights for my USDM Fit before the facelift came about. Mounts aside, it also won't quite sit flush with the bumper.

Did you check to see HOW the person you're following actually mounted the headlight? For all we know, that person probably encountered the same issues mentioned and modified the mounts to make the headlight and bumpers mount.

Old 10-12-2018, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers View Post
They "seem" similar, but they aren't. The short nose moves two (of four) mounting positions around. I know this, because I bought JDM based headlights for my USDM Fit before the facelift came about. Mounts aside, it also won't quite sit flush with the bumper.

Did you check to see HOW the person you're following actually mounted the headlight? For all we know, that person probably encountered the same issues mentioned and modified the mounts to make the headlight and bumpers mount.
Was gonna ask when I first saw it, but then realized Id wait for a while on a time zone difference plus potential lost in translation questions and explanations if I get a response. Do you happen to have any photos of how the fitment was when you did it?

Wonder if its a hybrid JDM/USDM where the actual housing is JDM and uses the USDM face housing and lens?