Brake Pedal Noise - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Brake Pedal Noise

  #1  
Old 01-08-2019, 09:41 PM
phenoyz's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hollister, CA
Posts: 894
Brake Pedal Noise

the moment I step on the brake pedal I can hear this noise.... NO it has nothing to do w/the brakes/rotor/pad
its the "brake pedal".... there is this noise , just happened today
does anybody have any idea what it is?
SO far when I brake, it brakes strong. I replace my rotor/pads i think 6 months ago
brake fluids flush everything...

Thanks and Happy New Year!!!
 
  #2  
Old 01-08-2019, 10:16 PM
Member
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Digging in your fridge
Posts: 1,094
Surely not the click of the shifter interlock solenoid under the shifter lever....

Creak noise? Spring noise inside the cabin?
Sometimes helps if you squirt some spray-can type lubricant such as lithium grease on the brake pedal movement/pivot points and if it has a spring, squirt some on that too
 
  #3  
Old 01-08-2019, 10:51 PM
phenoyz's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hollister, CA
Posts: 894
Originally Posted by ezone View Post
Surely not the click of the shifter interlock solenoid under the shifter lever....

Creak noise? Spring noise inside the cabin?
Sometimes helps if you squirt some spray-can type lubricant such as lithium grease on the brake pedal movement/pivot points and if it has a spring, squirt some on that too
Yes something similar to what you describe... I might try to spray it w/lubricant..
Thanks for the reply

 
  #4  
Old 01-09-2019, 12:27 PM
Member
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 26
Try a little penetrating oil on the pivot point...if that does not do it, could be from the brake booster.
 
  #5  
Old 01-09-2019, 11:35 PM
phenoyz's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hollister, CA
Posts: 894
Originally Posted by FitG8Guy View Post
brake booster.
if it is the brake booster how do you replace it? can i still drive the car, this is my daily?
what is the part number of this?
you can only hear the sound when you only step on the brake pedal, it like a screeching noise. i don't know if the noise is coming from inside or outside...

when you step on the brake pedal you hear it...
thanks

 
  #6  
Old 01-10-2019, 09:12 AM
Member
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by phenoyz View Post
if it is the brake booster how do you replace it? can i still drive the car, this is my daily?
what is the part number of this?
you can only hear the sound when you only step on the brake pedal, it like a screeching noise. i don't know if the noise is coming from inside or outside...

when you step on the brake pedal you hear it...
thanks
Just as a process of elimination, oil up the pedal pivots first(because it's easier). If the noise is still there...see if you are able to get a long enough tube and oil the shaft for the brake booster. I've attached a picture of what it typically looks like. There is a boot on the shaft and you can see the 4 studs where it mounts to the fire wall.

The shaft attaches to the pedal assembly. Because there's a boot on the shaft, it is a little tricky to get oil in there but you may get lucky. A long tube from the intake style sea foam cleaner is a nice option too if you happen to have used that product before(always keep the tubes, comes in handy sometimes lol).
 
  #7  
Old 01-12-2019, 09:52 PM
phenoyz's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hollister, CA
Posts: 894
Can anybody recommend a very good "complete brake set".

when I bought this complete wilwood set , i just gave the OEM brake caliper/pad and rotors to my mechanic
I replaced it with this wilwood which is a POS !!!! (piece of shit)

can anybody suggest a good replacement set = caliper/rotor/pad
my car is a 2011 Sport

Thanks
 
  #8  
Old 01-13-2019, 09:39 AM
Member
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by phenoyz View Post
Can anybody recommend a very good "complete brake set".

when I bought this complete wilwood set , i just gave the OEM brake caliper/pad and rotors to my mechanic
I replaced it with this wilwood which is a POS !!!! (piece of shit)

can anybody suggest a good replacement set = caliper/rotor/pad
my car is a 2011 Sport

Thanks
If you can wait a couple months, Iíll have my front set available. Iíll be swapping larger front brakes on.
 
  #9  
Old 01-13-2019, 12:26 PM
Pyts's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 52
Originally Posted by phenoyz View Post
the moment I step on the brake pedal I can hear this noise.... NO it has nothing to do w/the brakes/rotor/pad
its the "brake pedal".... there is this noise , just happened today
does anybody have any idea what it is?
SO far when I brake, it brakes strong. I replace my rotor/pads i think 6 months ago
brake fluids flush everything...

Thanks and Happy New Year!!!
happy new year dude.
ey, if you place a hand on the brake pedal does it have play wiggling it left or right?
with the car is parked running can you get out n put your hand on the pedal, pull it toward your body while suppressing it. Then try holding the pedal neutral and suppress. I realize this is simple suggestion of wear caused by pedal suppression at an angle over time, but i noticed it with my clutch pedal.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Pumpkintacos
3rd Generation (2015+)
9
05-01-2018 07:33 AM
LDO
Fit Interior Modifications
19
12-10-2013 01:34 PM
rodpaine
General Fit Talk
20
04-07-2008 04:54 AM
Twinzer
General Fit Talk
21
10-28-2006 07:51 PM
DavidB
Other Car Related Discussions
3
05-04-2005 12:16 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brake Pedal Noise


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.