T-rev - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

T-rev

Old 01-10-2019, 11:43 AM
T-rev

​​​​​J's racing T-REV crankcase evac
Its a j's racing product I doubt i'll ever get but am curious about. Its a crankcase vacuum chingaderas. Anybody got info or think this thing makes ?
in a similar vein, have you guys heard about the thermoelectric motors in development currently by firm, gm, and i think bmw? Interesting stuff

Last edited by Pyts; 01-12-2019 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:45 PM
I saw an ebay clone of that. Really tempted to buy it, and just try it out

In case anyone is wonder that said Chigaderas looks like:

J'S RACING T-REV SYSTEM

Old 01-10-2019, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
Can you find any real world people talking about it and whether it works? The principle they're trying to illustrate in the diagram is unclear to me.

I'm not entirely convinced it's a totally fake idea (I'm looking at you, fifty dollar e-turbo) but I'd also like to understand the benefit. Some kind of smoothness? Fuel economy? I would imagine this does very little for actual acceleration.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:08 PM
that I cannot. being that j's racing slapped their logo on it, I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume.... this could work (do SOMETHING, even if its a tiny something)

some gk5 owners report a "boggy" take off upon 1st gear, I'm hopeful this little device could help smooth out some of that bog.

ill take 1 for the team, and order the clone

Old 01-10-2019, 08:29 PM
ordered 2. if it works good, will test out the 2nd one on the wrx

i'll keep yall posted

Old 01-10-2019, 08:31 PM
found an uber jdm video on it

Old 01-10-2019, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by fujisawa View Post
Can you find any real world people talking about it and whether it works? The principle they're trying to illustrate in the diagram is unclear to me. I'm not entirely convinced it's a totally fake idea (I'm looking at you, fifty dollar e-turbo) but I'd also like to understand the benefit. Some kind of smoothness? Fuel economy? I would imagine this does very little for actual acceleration.
50 buck e turbo!? I'm sold!!!
based on what I've read on the subject this past ten minutes im a touch nervous about the concept, but have confidence in j's, and thus j clones. Significant or not, you'd have to be some kind of devil to anodize a junk mod, hah! I'm just wonderin now if maintaining constant negative pressure in the crankcase would encourage blow-by. I didnt expect to see an ebay one, so I wanna try it too dammit. Pretty happy to see all the interest by the way.

whereas I read that its an issue for engines to get that extra blow by air via intake at higher rpms due to the fact that it can jack up the afr, I imagine our computers are pretty adaptive, so this may have a similar effect to adding an aftermarket intake without having to ditch your effective paper filter for a foamy mesh that dont protect your engine as good, not to mention their theory about reducing resistance against the pistons dropping down... but would that be added to the pistons going up? Maybe up aint as big a deal since the down stroke is more aggressive?
other concern would be potential for oil to get sucked into the intake, so again the amount of negative pressure generated would have to be juuust right eh?
to me this is still a worth-while gamble. J's raced the GE with it, some wide wheels (stock offset), their spoiler and 1.5 way helical lsd and apparently had some success. Thems some relatively minor mods

Old 01-11-2019, 06:15 AM
Wanted to update with a forum link that covers the topic pretty extensively:
A pretty good read
Key points that I found:
gettin rid of positive pressure am good
adding oil catch can is a consideration, depends on how the t-rev handles the oil
ambient air vent for valve cover *may* help eliminate risk of excessive & unnecessary suck.

the more i dig up, the more interesting this concept is. Found other forum stating that negative case pressure is stock standard with a number of beemers.
​​​

Old 01-11-2019, 03:35 PM
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...edition-7.html

as is, alot of members are already collecting a crap ton in their catch cans. do you think this t-rev system .... would result in even MORE oil, being collected?

Old 01-11-2019, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan View Post
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...edition-7.html

as is, alot of members are already collecting a crap ton in their catch cans. do you think this t-rev system .... would result in even MORE oil, being collected?
Absolutely, but they shouldnt be passing a significant amount of oil unless something is wrong with the engine. Thatd be a huge design flaw otherwise. Honestly I'd like to know more about the engines that are losing so much oil.
the question here is how much neg pressure we're talking. I'll do some reading, some folks already pulled the trigger and I'm sure we'll hear from them

Old 01-14-2019, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Pyts View Post
Honestly I'd like to know more about the engines that are losing so much oil.
the question here is how much neg pressure we're talking.
https://www.dsportmag.com/the-tech/q...essure-part-1/

And for engines losing oil:
https://www.thedieselpageforums.com/...ad.php?t=34172
Refers to a diesel motor, but the principle is the same.