2nd Generation GE8 Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Broken fog light lenses

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
Broken fog light lenses

I just noticed this morning that both of my fog light lenses are cracked. Can I replace just the lenses or do I have to replace the lights themselves? If so, how difficult a job is it? If they need to be replaced completely...can someone suggest a better option?

Thanks,
SS

Old 04-26-2013, 08:52 AM
I believe you can replace just the lens. I believe a few guys a round here have done so actually.

Here's a discuss from just last week about someone else looking to do the same, with some information in it;

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ght-lense.html

Old 04-26-2013, 09:13 AM
5 Year Member
Old 04-26-2013, 12:44 PM
Find a local glass business and inquire on replacements

they should also be able to do tints. so you can get clear, blue, red, green, etc..

Old 04-26-2013, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 13fit
Find a local glass business and inquire on replacements

they should also be able to do tints. so you can get clear, blue, red, green, etc..
The lense is concave, and set within the housing. Its impossible to get a lense to fit in there.

I bought Depo foglamps to replace mine:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Depo-Driver-Side-Replacement-Fog-Light-Fog-Lamp-09-10-Honda-Fit-33951TK6305-/310658842152?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3AFit&hash=item4854b5be28&vxp=mtr
And I'd strongly recommend you get this too:
09-11 Honda Fit Fog Light Protection Kit

I bought those to keep me from having to replace them again. Got mine in GT yellow, looks awesome!

Old 06-07-2013, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
might be old, I been away for a long while but here is a good option. Im ordering mine now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Depo-Pair-Replacement-Fog-Light-Fog-Lamp-Factory-Installed-Acura-Honda-/380652218701?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58a0a3e94d&vxp=mtr

Old 06-07-2013, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
or if you're cheap

You can do what I did and mend the crack (if the glass is still there) using some window marine sealant (look around at lowes or Home Depot). Then once dry cut some mesh (I used left over gutter guard from when I did the lower grill mod to protect the condenser) to lay over the glass.

If you take apart the fog assembly, you can cut and shape the mesh to fit then reinstall it in the assembly so it'll never move.

I like the look and it helps protect them from future cracks

Old 06-20-2013, 03:56 PM
Hi,

So frustrated. A few months ago my passenger side fog lamp lens cracked and the dealership told me they couldn't just replace the lens, they had to replace the entire thing (a la 300 + bucks...)

Now I see that the OTHER one is also broken. I haven't taken any road damage, there are no scratches around it to indicate I hit anything.
Is anyone else having this issue? So frustrating when I've MAYBE used them once since I bought the car in 2009.

Thanks!

'09 Fit Sport

Old 06-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Man that sucks
sure wish Honda used a shatter resistant lens or something that did not break so easy.
I check mine daily especially after driving in the canyons.

I keep saying I will get the protective covering but never get around to it.Between the fogs and the condenser you could go nuts worrying about damaging them.

I realize there is a quick fix for both but I wish Honda would have taken care of it from jump street.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by zilla8
Man that sucks
sure wish Honda used a shatter resistant lens or something that did not break so easy.
I check mine daily especially after driving in the canyons.

I keep saying I will get the protective covering but never get around to it.Between the fogs and the condenser you could go nuts worrying about damaging them.

I realize there is a quick fix for both but I wish Honda would have taken care of it from jump street.
Thanks for replying. Too bad Honda can't put their big girl panties on and acknowledge that its made too fragile and install protectors free of charge.

Its little things like this that will keep me thinking long and hard from buying another Honda in the future.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:51 PM
I hear ya and If mine get broken I will not replace them unless selling my car.I hardly use them here in Socal so no big deal.

You should see all the folks driving around here with fogs on day and night for no reason other then they have them lol

Old 06-22-2013, 08:00 AM
5 Year Member
My Driver's side is broken as well. I may need to repair it before inspection time... ugh. Probably find a replacement OEM or something on Ebay and do an amber film to cover it. it would be nice if there was a pre-formed piece of plastic that would fit inside (or over) the fog light shroud that could be replaced. but oh well.

~SB

Old 01-18-2015, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by specboy
My Driver's side is broken as well. I may need to repair it before inspection time... ugh. Probably find a replacement OEM or something on Ebay and do an amber film to cover it. it would be nice if there was a pre-formed piece of plastic that would fit inside (or over) the fog light shroud that could be replaced. but oh well.

~SB
I found replacement foglight for $50 shipped, obviously its aftermarket, also ordered the headlight armor appliqué, I will update once I receive and install. Can I say what website I ordered from? Also, are there any grills available to help protect the fog lights?

Last edited by andrew19942001; 01-18-2015 at 03:39 PM. Reason: adding question
Old 01-20-2015, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by andrew19942001
I found replacement foglight for $50 shipped, obviously its aftermarket, also ordered the headlight armor appliqué, I will update once I receive and install. Can I say what website I ordered from? Also, are there any grills available to help protect the fog lights?
looking forward to your review. Also can you PM me the website?

Old 01-20-2015, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by stakesishigh
looking forward to your review. Also can you PM me the website?
Done- I will update soon and let you know

Old 01-20-2015, 11:01 PM
You can either use the OEM Honda ones or aftermarket. They sell them individually.

Part Numbers:
08V31-S5D-1M101 FOGLIGHT ASSY., R.
08V31-S5D-1M102 FOGLIGHT ASSY., L.

Are the same as the following:

So if you're looking for the least expensive option, get an aftermarket OEM style Civic set and use those lenses. eBay has a ton of them.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:17 PM
aftermarket not a drop in replacement

I put the replacement fog light in this afternoon- A few notes; Honda makes this really easy, literally 1 screw and the whole housing comes of the car, unplug the connection to the bulb and its free. I was impressed. After this however things went downhill. The oem fog light is different then the aftermarket one I received the oval shape is a match but the actual light housing is much shallower, like by an inch- this causes a problem re-attaching the aiming mechanism to the fog light because now its like an inch away from the back of the housing, you can not simply pull the housing to it because the the light housing mounts in the black plastic casing that goes back in the car. I ended up using a much longer bolt with 2 jamb nuts one on the back of the aiming mechanism and one where the aiming mechanism should have been. You can't really leave it un attached or the fog light will be able to pivot back and forth. I can't really recommend this product at all but it may work if like me you can't afford to buy from Honda. If I had it to do again I would have saved my money and just bought the real thing. The headlight armor product is nice, its early easy to work with and goes on with out too much fanfare. The film is thick (.020") but yet not too cumbersome to work with, this product I would recommend

Old 02-09-2015, 04:07 PM
I had a cracked passenger side fog lamp on my '13 Sport along with a broken plastic mounting bracket. I used a TYC replacement assembly (PN# 19-6001-00-1) -about $90 on Amazon, which was a good match and fit perfectly. Took about 4 minutes to install it with a single screw. The light pattern is the same as stock, AFAIK.

It does include a glass lens so it's just as vulnerable to damage as the original.