2nd Generation GE8 Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Headlight Internal Fogging (Help)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Headlight Internal Fogging (Help)

Any gurus here knows how to clean the interior of the headlight lens as mine is fogging up pretty bad. Would appreciate if there is a way without dismantle the lens from the headlight as I do not have an oven or heat gun to heat up the adhesive to separate the lens from the headlight.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:55 AM
By "fogging up", you mean water condensation, right? Assuming that's the case, I wouldn't really worry about it. It should dissipate reasonably quickly from the heat of the headlight bulbs when you have them on. It's not as though the headlight pods are sealed airtight; there's bound to be a little condensation in there under some conditions.

You can get some access from the back by taking the bulb holder piece out as though you were changing the bulb. I don't know that it would be sufficient for easy cleaning.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by DrewE
By "fogging up", you mean water condensation, right? Assuming that's the case, I wouldn't really worry about it. It should dissipate reasonably quickly from the heat of the headlight bulbs when you have them on. It's not as though the headlight pods are sealed airtight; there's bound to be a little condensation in there under some conditions.

You can get some access from the back by taking the bulb holder piece out as though you were changing the bulb. I don't know that it would be sufficient for easy cleaning.
Its not water condensation but more of a sticky or oily film of fog.