2nd Generation GE8 Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Has anyone tried these breaks and rotors? I am about to buy them

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
Has anyone tried these breaks and rotors? I am about to buy them

Hey just seeing if anyone heard of this brand or have any experience with them. I am debating about getting these
http://a.co/4ELYROX

OR perhaps i should just change the pads only and get this:
http://a.co/2J365XL

Old 12-03-2017, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
Drilled or slotted rotors in a street car application is a horrible idea. Race car parts don't always make good street car parts. Race cars parts are routinely inspected and/or replaced. That doesn't happen on street cars. Drilled or slotted rotors will crack. Just do a quick Google search like where I picked up this photo from. If it were me, I'd replace them with solid Centric or the KNS solid rotors which have the same vein structure as the DBA slotted/drilled rotors. Actually call KNS Brakes with your needs or desired application, they are quite helpful and the prices are competitive

KNS Brakes

Old 12-03-2017, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
I agree with Rob H that drilled rotors are prone to cracking on street cars. But, I feel obligated to point out that the 'holes' in the listing are properly chamfered (angled) which reduces the possibility of that issue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chamfer

Vash, do you plan to autocross or track your Fit? If not, stick with solid-faced rotors. (Our '07 still has the new-car rotors at 140K miles...still work great.)

I think that the Wagner ceramic pads you mention will do fine, and you won't spend a lot of time cleaning the brake dust off your front wheels!
I use Akebono ceramic pads on many of our cars, myself.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Carbuff2
I agree with Rob H

Vash, do you plan to autocross or track your Fit? If not, stick with solid-faced rotors. (Our '07 still has the new-car rotors at 140K miles...still work great.)

In regard to SCCA Solo/autocross; if you want to stay in the stock or street class than the rotors need to be as delivered by the OEM. Putting slotted/drilled rotors on a car that came with solid rotors will bump the Fit out of HS or H-Street where it's not competitive against the Fiesta ST or older Honda Civic SI into a faster class where its REALLY not competitive. Personally, I'd stay with solid rotors and maybe get some updated pads such as Project Mu or Stop-Tech. I've run Hawk HPS and HP+, but wouldn't recommend them. Just my personal preference.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:24 AM
5 Year Member
TOPIC DRIFT ALERT

Stay away from extreme 'performance pads' for street driving. They require HEAT to work the best...and that first stop on a cold winter's day could cause some underwear stains! (Same goes for ultra high performance tires.)

Buy a set of pads that will serve you under the conditions YOU drive.