3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Replaced rotors and pads

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Replaced rotors and pads

I had replaced the OEM rotors and pads with EBC rotors and pads at 37,500 miles. The rotors had warped and they were resurfaced twice.

I could tell the difference. It has more bite than OEM. Hopefull it will last longer than 37k miles!

Old 05-02-2017, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
I remember reading reviews on car/driver or was it motortrend that mentioned the rotors needing to be replaced on their test car.

So far, I have 43k and pads/rotors look good. When they need replacing, I'm looking at the EBC stuff too. Can you share part numbers that you used?

Old 05-02-2017, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by TaubBaer
I had replaced the OEM rotors and pads with EBC rotors and pads at 37,500 miles. The rotors had warped and they were resurfaced twice.

I could tell the difference. It has more bite than OEM. Hopefull it will last longer than 37k miles!
Thanks for suggesting the ECB products. I am not familiar with this manufacture. Do you still have the product part numbers. I'm not in the market at the moment for brakes, but always nice to have the information in advance.
https://ebcbrakes.com/where-to-buy-i...sa-automotive/

Thanks ddfit151

Old 05-03-2017, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ddfit151
Thanks for suggesting the ECB products. I am not familiar with this manufacture. Do you still have the product part numbers. I'm not in the market at the moment for brakes, but always nice to have the information in advance.

Thanks ddfit151
The pads are EBC DP22041
The rotors are USR850

Old 05-03-2017, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
I remember reading reviews on car/driver or was it motortrend that mentioned the rotors needing to be replaced on their test car.

So far, I have 43k and pads/rotors look good. When they need replacing, I'm looking at the EBC stuff too. Can you share part numbers that you used?
I live in a BIG city with lot of traffics. My old van haven't got new rotors over 100k miles.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ddfit151

Thanks ddfit151
They're big in aftermarket motorcycle brake pads.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
Rock auto has stop tech and powder coated calipers, coated rotors as cheap as I've seen anywhere.. And they are CHEAP!!!

Last edited by dwtaylorpdx; 05-03-2017 at 06:12 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
^^ Agreed! Can't go wrong with Stop Tech/Power Slot/Centric rotors in terms of price and quality!

Enjoy your EBC pads and rotors... I used to run the USR850s but didn't have good luck with them while running Carbotech AX6 pads. The AX6s pretty much mauled the rotors but the friction material barely wore at all.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:35 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaubBaer
I live in a BIG city with lot of traffics. My old van haven't got new rotors over 100k miles.
might want to do a hard brake and cool (bedding) once in a while. sounds like u got crap buildup on the rotor/pads from the constant light braking and holding the brakes after a harder stop.

Old 05-06-2017, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
^^ Agreed! Can't go wrong with Stop Tech/Power Slot/Centric rotors in terms of price and quality!

Enjoy your EBC pads and rotors... I used to run the USR850s but didn't have good luck with them while running Carbotech AX6 pads. The AX6s pretty much mauled the rotors but the friction material barely wore at all.

You must not have bedded them in properly or something else was going on? My experience is lots of pad wear and dust. What one would expect from a pretty much autocross only brake pads

Old 05-07-2017, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rob H
You must not have bedded them in properly or something else was going on? My experience is lots of pad wear and dust. What one would expect from a pretty much autocross only brake pads
Nope, I did indeed bed them in. They (the AX6) just legitimately MAULED the EBCs on a 1k mile trip to the Dragon, a few hours of running the Dragon, and 1k on the trip back.

After switching to Stop Techs rotors, the pad and rotor wear in my configuration is a darn near at a 1 to 1 ratio. Typically when I replace the pads at around 3 or 4 mm of friction material remaining, the Stop Tech rotors are pretty much scrap.

Old 05-09-2017, 02:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Nope, I did indeed bed them in. They (the AX6) just legitimately MAULED the EBCs on a 1k mile trip to the Dragon, a few hours of running the Dragon, and 1k on the trip back.

After switching to Stop Techs rotors, the pad and rotor wear in my configuration is a darn near at a 1 to 1 ratio. Typically when I replace the pads at around 3 or 4 mm of friction material remaining, the Stop Tech rotors are pretty much scrap.

The AX6 really are intended just for autocross. Having a high initial bite when cold. I haven't experienced my rotors being Mauled, but do experience quite a bit of dust. I don't mind dust, I hate squeal which the AX6 don't seem to do like the Hawk HP+ I used before.

This is one autocross and about an 80 mile round trip with AX6

Old 05-11-2017, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rob H
The AX6 really are intended just for autocross. Having a high initial bite when cold. I haven't experienced my rotors being Mauled, but do experience quite a bit of dust. I don't mind dust, I hate squeal which the AX6 don't seem to do like the Hawk HP+ I used before.

This is one autocross and about an 80 mile round trip with AX6

I know, this was back about 4 years again when my GD was both my daily and autocross car. Running AX6s on a road like the Dragon isn't too bad provided that you aren't dive bombing every corner can. Even then, about 15k miles or so and the rotors had a nice sized ridge that the pads would seat into.

A picture of the ridge is somewhere in my build/progress thread. After switching to Stop Tech slotted rotors I haven't had any issues with abnormal rotor wear. I'm currently curious how my Fit will brake with XP8s up front and AX6s in the rear for AX and track days.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:11 PM
my Stoptech pads create soooo..... much dust its crazy and the only lasted me about 2 tracks days and 5k of daily drivings. I think I am going to try going with the EBC green stuff pads.