3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

HELP! Can't find aftermarket clutch kit for GK!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation HELP! Can't find aftermarket clutch kit for GK!

So my car is at the dealership undergoing warranty repairs on the busted 6spd manual tranny and want to take advantage by installing a new clutch disc and possibly the pressure plate as well.

The crazy thing is I can't find any renowned aftermarket manufacturer like Exedy that sells anything for our car. WTF>?!!

Can someone kindly guide me to an online shop that has something worthy of throwing onto the car? Seriously looks like i'll have to bite the bullet and go OEM, which i am trying to avoid.

Appreciate any help FF! Thanks!

Old 05-31-2017, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
So my car is at the dealership undergoing warranty repairs on the busted 6spd manual tranny and want to take advantage by installing a new clutch disc and possibly the pressure plate as well.

The crazy thing is I can't find any renowned aftermarket manufacturer like Exedy that sells anything for our car. WTF>?!!

Can someone kindly guide me to an online shop that has something worthy of throwing onto the car? Seriously looks like i'll have to bite the bullet and go OEM, which i am trying to avoid.

Appreciate any help FF! Thanks!
Try South Bend clutch. They'll do some custom stuff. They made for a different car I had a disc/pressure plate combo specifically for the autocross I was doing with it. You will have to CALL, and talk to a real person for anything custom or not on their online catalog

Old 05-31-2017, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
How many miles are on your car already that you think changing the clutch is a big necessity at this point in time?

Typically it is hard to find aftermarket parts like that for a few years with a new model as there really isn't a demand for suppliers to provide those parts

Old 06-01-2017, 02:47 AM
5 Year Member
If its a warranty repair, they are going to let you go aftermarket ???? Never heard that before. I would clarify and get that in writing 1st.

Old 06-01-2017, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Westie
If its a warranty repair, they are going to let you go aftermarket ???? Never heard that before. I would clarify and get that in writing 1st.
A clutch, like brake linings, is considered a "wear" item, and would only be considered a warrantable item only in extraordinary circumstances.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
Exedy hck1010 OE replacement for honda fit 2009 to 2011.
I checked the diagrams and this kit should fit just fine for our GK. I did not try it myself; my clutch still running strong even after 60k miles of abuse. :P)

$138.56 (USD) on amazon.com
190mm disk or 7 and 1/2 inch
Spline diameter 7/8
20 splines (for both hck1010 and hck 1006 (from catalog)).
Slave cyl SC989

kit includes
- pressure plate
- disk
- throwout bearing
- pilot bearing
- grease

Amazon Amazon

But I don't see why you want to service the clutch at this time. Maybe clutch disk only. Why not go OEM? It's the same stuff as exedy, since the 1010 unit is not a performance clutch, it's an OE replacement.

Old 06-01-2017, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CommanderSlug
Exedy hck1010 OE replacement for honda fit 2009 to 2011.
I checked the diagrams and this kit should fit just fine for our GK. I did not try it myself; my clutch still running strong even after 60k miles of abuse. :P)

$138.56 (USD) on amazon.com
190mm disk or 7 and 1/2 inch
Spline diameter 7/8
20 splines (for both hck1010 and hck 1006 (from catalog)).
Slave cyl SC989

kit includes
- pressure plate
- disk
- throwout bearing
- pilot bearing
- grease

https://www.amazon.com/Exedy-HCK1010.../dp/B00829O912

But I don't see why you want to service the clutch at this time. Maybe clutch disk only. Why not go OEM? It's the same stuff as exedy, since the 1010 unit is not a performance clutch, it's an OE replacement.
Thanks for the info. Now to think about it, I think ill opt for the oem replacement at the dealership since it would be covered by factory warranty, it would cost me about 660 with labor and parts for this (given the tranny is open now for the replacement). Im still not sure if ill keep the car after 2 years since the plan is to hold off until the base model Civic Type R becomes available, and then make the move to trade. But maybe will keep as the daily and still purchase the CTR :P. Still unfortunate theres a lack of performance clutches and parts overall. Gives me every reason not to go all out on the GK5, ad save for the FK8.

Old 06-01-2017, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
A clutch, like brake linings, is considered a "wear" item, and would only be considered a warrantable item only in extraordinary circumstances.

Indeed, however, we don't know the mileage of OP's vehicle, or the extend of the "busted transmission" ie: pressure plate/fingers broke, and took the transmission with it...etc? Or is it just a clutch wear as you indicated.