Aftermarket Speaker Install - Worked and then no audio

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 01:36 PM
Aftermarket Speaker Install - Worked and then no audio

Hi all,

I was hoping you could help me with my audio issue. I have a 2009 Honda Fit Sport w/ Navi. My front left tweeter was out so I opted to buy a new set of speakers and tweeters to give the Fit a little upgrade (I know updating the head unit is typically better, but I like the stock Navi... for now). I ended up buying the Metra 72-7800 Speaker Connector Harnesses for Select Honda Vehicles to hook in my Infinity Primus speakers.

Harness Adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Front Speakers/Tweeters:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rear Speakers
Amazon.com: Infinity Primus 6.5" 2-Way Loudspeaker-Each (Black): Electronics Amazon.com: Infinity Primus 6.5" 2-Way Loudspeaker-Each (Black): Electronics

I am a noob at this kind of stuff and just dabble every once in a while, but I hooked everything up (only replaced the rear speakers because my fronts and tweeters don't come in until this week) and the speakers sounded great. It lasted for a few half hour trips and then on my way home all 6 speakers just stopped. There is still power to my Navi/HU, but all audio has ceased to exist. I'm not sure if I could have shorted the system, maybe knocked loose some wiring, or what. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Old 05-12-2015, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Xdeciph16
Hi all,

I was hoping you could help me with my audio issue. I have a 2009 Honda Fit Sport w/ Navi. My front left tweeter was out so I opted to buy a new set of speakers and tweeters to give the Fit a little upgrade (I know updating the head unit is typ................n on my way home all 6 speakers just stopped. There is still power to my Navi/HU, but all audio has ceased to exist. I'm not sure if I could have shorted the system, maybe knocked loose some wiring, or what. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Do you have some news on your issue???

Luis
Honda Fit Sport 2013 - Vortex Blue Pearl