My Sony, Zapco, Dynaudio Esotar, Morel, JL/Alpine, AudioQuest, Rockford Audio Upgrade - Page 2 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Old 09-03-2017, 08:29 PM

Few years ago, I upgrade my Honda Fit interior light to Acura TSX interior that have built in Home Link Garage Door Opener Module plus the sunglasses compartment.
so I already run the wiring from the built in Microphone that inside the Acura TSX Home Link module,
but I think the Mic from Sony RSX-GS9 is superior,
so I decided to tear apart the Acura TSX Home Link module and install Sony RSG-GX9 Microphone...
While doing it, I got carried away and decide to play with some painting...
so this is still work in progress because the paint need 7 days to cure...
here are some pictures from the start:

Acura TSX Interior Light:

Take Apart the Home Link Module, and took out the Honda OEM Microphone:

Using Dremel Cut the OEM Honda / Acura Microphone Attachement and use Epoxy to attached Sony Microphone base:

Test Fit:

Decide to play with some paints, and the rest is to be continued :

Old 09-09-2017, 01:00 AM

Remove the Honda OEM Factory USB terminal inside the glove box and run the
Sony RSX-GS9 Extension wire USB Terminal (connected to the Rear USB port of Sony RSX-GS9):

and

Morel Hybrid Integra 602 Coaxial arrived today for Rear Fill Speaker:

Last edited by BMW ALPINA; 09-09-2017 at 01:04 AM.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:39 PM

Need to redone the paint on the interior light/Home Link Garage Door Opener unit so have to wait another week for it to dry, then I can run the Sony RSX-GS9 Microphone wiring through it.

The "Final Edition" Emblem arrived today and put it on for mock up:
(this will match the other "Final Edition" Emblem at my carbon fiber hood:

Old 09-13-2017, 04:13 AM

Dynaudio Esotar2 650 Midbass ordered,
Also ordered many size of Stainless Steel Socket Metric Bolt, Nut Insert, Washer etc...
Hopefully the Weatherproof socket arrive tomorrow so I can install the head unit soon...
The Sony RSX GS-9 specifically ask for Direct connection to battery if the original fuse for the OEM head unit is only 10amperes since the Sony RSX-GS9 power supply had 15ampere fuse on it, even the wiring size of the Sony RSX-GS9 Power Supply is larger than the OEM Honda head unit wiring which I find quite strange since the Honda OEM head unit came with 4 channel amplifier...
anyway will not risk it and will connect the Sony RSX-GS9 directly to battery that is why I need the weatherproof connector so I can just unplug the socket if I need to remove the Sony RSX-GS9 for some reason...
Can't wait for more part to arrive so I move forward
Old 09-16-2017, 10:53 PM

I decided to go to different direction for my Interior Light finish...
so I peel off all the blue paint using Brake Cleaner (Asetone) then wrap it with 3M Carbon Fiber Wrap and I just finished installing it...
well the HomeLink unit still painted RED...
Now I finally have my functioning Garage Door Opener again after more than 2 weeks without it

The most important thing is the Sony Microphone now installed at the PERFECT location to pick up my voice during Handsfree phone function,
exactly where OEM Honda Mic use to and have clear line of sight and it's direction can be adjusted if necessary

Here are the process pictures:

and Installed:

I will start soldering the wiring for the Sony RSX-GS9 Head Unit and Defi Advance RS Gauges tonight so tomorrow I can install them on my car