2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Reintroduction : 2012 Tafetta White GE8 AT

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55
Know its been a while now but still, its too bad too see you go. Your 86 is already amazing though.

What do you mean by the direction the community is heading? Dying? Lol.
Thanks Connor!

Dying, yet resurrecting at the same time? As the chassis gets older/cheaper, more of the "typical Honda head" people are buying them and I was getting tired of being asked the same questions over and over again because people don't want to put in their own research. The FRS/BRZ/86 community isn't much different, besides it being a bigger swimming pool, but there was also a strikingly less of a sense of community between when I first started going to Fit meets to how it currently stands. And again, community didn't factor in much as far as me deciding to get rid of the Fit, but it is definitely much different.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
Nice toyota 86. Very clean and tasteful mods =) hope it treats you well.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
The percentage of younger folks even getting a drivers license by end of high school has been dropping hard. I see a complete lack of car enthusiasts in the current generation.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
The percentage of younger folks even getting a drivers license by end of high school has been dropping hard. I see a complete lack of car enthusiasts in the current generation.
What does that even mean

Old 04-21-2017, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
What does that even mean
Less "young" people (under 18) are getting their licenses? Either are home bodies, or parents drive them around, or if they are 18+ they Uber/Lyft everywhere. I feel this may be true for highly/densely populated areas.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FittedOnEm
Thanks Connor!

Dying, yet resurrecting at the same time? As the chassis gets older/cheaper, more of the "typical Honda head" people are buying them and I was getting tired of being asked the same questions over and over again because people don't want to put in their own research. The FRS/BRZ/86 community isn't much different, besides it being a bigger swimming pool, but there was also a strikingly less of a sense of community between when I first started going to Fit meets to how it currently stands. And again, community didn't factor in much as far as me deciding to get rid of the Fit, but it is definitely much different.
your fit was very clean! loved seeing your updates on this thread.

but i have to agree with the scene for the fit, its nothing like japan/thailand here, i find there is too much mainstream people owning fits and modding (if at all) is very weak and all they do is HID's and some rims and they think its the SHIT, i guess the fit is what it is a commuter, anyone that is hardcore into honda's would do up a K20 EK/EG, built ITR, or NSX

your 86 is looking good, hope to see more updates on it too!

Old 04-24-2017, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
Originally Posted by shinjari
Less "young" people (under 18) are getting their licenses? Either are home bodies, or parents drive them around, or if they are 18+ they Uber/Lyft everywhere. I feel this may be true for highly/densely populated areas.

I'd agree with that. Even between my freshman year of college and now (my senior year of college), there have been less younger people coming out to the car meets. I'd say that the interest in modifying cars extensively has been dropping as technology has been on the rise. I feel like today's market seeks out the "out of the box" packages rather than modifying it yourself.

Then again, when I do meet someone younger than me that is into cars, its usually "YEAH STANCE BRO LOOK AT MY ESR'S ON RACELAND COILOVERS"

Originally Posted by jookybanana
your fit was very clean! loved seeing your updates on this thread.

but i have to agree with the scene for the fit, its nothing like japan/thailand here, i find there is too much mainstream people owning fits and modding (if at all) is very weak and all they do is HID's and some rims and they think its the SHIT, i guess the fit is what it is a commuter, anyone that is hardcore into honda's would do up a K20 EK/EG, built ITR, or NSX

your 86 is looking good, hope to see more updates on it too!
Thanks man, I'm a big fan of your Fit build and your S chassis as well!

Very true, theres not as much interest stateside in the Fit chassis as everywhere else in the world. Again, not that it mattered too much, but it's nice meeting other enthusiasts that are into the same chassis. Gives a larger sense of community, and the competitiveness is a nice balance for encouragement to keep going with the build. I unfortunately lost sight of that in the Fit but I do miss the shocking look on people's faces when they realized how much work I put into the car.

The 86 is currently at a plateau for mods besides the Vertex wheel I just picked up, but I need to acquire the hub for it also. Aside from that, still waiting things out to see how money goes since all the partout funds are gone from the Fit.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:44 AM
Banned
I had a horrible experience with NST for the pulley and would never consider doing business with them again, I actually highly recommend against it.
Same here... When I told them the pulley was incorrectly manufactured, they said to send it to their repair service, and once the package was delivered, I never heard from them again. Absolutely unacceptable.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:49 AM
Banned
I'd agree with that. Even between my freshman year of college and now (my senior year of college), there have been less younger people coming out to the car meets. I'd say that the interest in modifying cars extensively has been dropping as technology has been on the rise. I feel like today's market seeks out the "out of the box" packages rather than modifying it yourself.

Then again, when I do meet someone younger than me that is into cars, its usually "YEAH STANCE BRO LOOK AT MY ESR'S ON RACELAND COILOVERS"
Sorry for stalking your thread lol, but I agree completely. There are only 4 or so modified Fits in my area (including mine) and the other 3 are just "pimped" AKA a set of Rotas and some non-projector HIDs... lame.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by counterFIT
Same here... When I told them the pulley was incorrectly manufactured, they said to send it to their repair service, and once the package was delivered, I never heard from them again. Absolutely unacceptable.
They were terrible with getting back to me with any updates after they had my money. I eventually filed it with my credit card company to actually get a refund for the POS they sent me.

Originally Posted by counterFIT
Sorry for stalking your thread lol, but I agree completely. There are only 4 or so modified Fits in my area (including mine) and the other 3 are just "pimped" AKA a set of Rotas and some non-projector HIDs... lame.
Pretty much, no one really cares much to mod them (even with me being in SoCal).

Little update to how the 86 currently sits:

Old 05-16-2017, 09:34 PM
Banned
They were terrible with getting back to me with any updates after they had my money. I eventually filed it with my credit card company to actually get a refund for the POS they sent me.

Pretty much, no one really cares much to mod them (even with me being in SoCal).

Dayum son. Nice steering wheel!

Yeah I should have requested a refund through PayPal but I thought about it too far down the road... F*** that company. Absolutely unbelievable man.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:10 AM
Super Moderator

Looking really good Andy.