2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Reintroduction : 2012 Tafetta White GE8 AT

Old 12-02-2014, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by YeahItFits
Always have loved your set up, Andy.
Rei told me about the whole State Ref situation. That blows.
I have alot of my stock parts if you like to use them for the inspection.
Thanks man, I'm probably going to get all of my OEM exhaust pieces welded back on and go from there, considering what my future setup is gonna be.

Car is going to go a bit incognito for a bit, have a few things I'm switching up

Old 12-02-2014, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by FittedOnEm
Thanks man, I'm probably going to get all of my OEM exhaust pieces welded back on and go from there, considering what my future setup is gonna be.

Car is going to go a bit incognito for a bit, have a few things I'm switching up

Always killin' it.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
I love your current setup. The CE28s really do a lot to pull the car together. I'm excited to see whats next.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
looks good man. Just read the entire thread.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
Man, it's been awhile! Since last time..
-Black vinyl roof removed
-Rear diffuser cut out / frame painted black
-Lower grill cut out
-2.25" B-Pipe
-2.5" Vibrant StreetPower muffler (black, twin tipped)
-Takata Drift II harness
-Sparco lumbar support
-Carpet removed (due to holes - long story)
-Winkers
-New dashboard sticker (lol)
-Car raised up about 1" all around

Aside from that, I've just been enjoying the car and keeping up with maintenance. I'm happy with how it currently sits and I can't afford to do what I want to do next. Excuse the car being filthy; weather has been bipolar out in SoCal lately and it's rained the past couple weekends so I haven't gotten the chance to give it a proper wash.

In no particular order:

Exhaust sound clip:
https://flic.kr/p/qxsEmy

I still need to clean up the bumper cut a bit. Besides that, I'm still waiting on my fourth brake light and that's about it for now. Til next time

Last edited by FittedOnEm; 03-06-2015 at 02:11 AM.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
Car is looking good bro! I've actually thought about that on the rear bumper before, it's pretty common with the 350Z crowd since it shows off the sexy exhaust setup.

I would try and modify the Subaru rear diffuser to the rear bumper, it's not an expensive piece and I'm sure it would look sick on the Fit.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:43 PM
Administrator
Looking clean Andrew!

Digging the rear bumper cutout, I have the same thing on my 350z as Rick says above

Never seen anyone else with the front bumper cutout, digging it

Old 03-07-2015, 02:19 AM
Love Love Looove your car. Im all about making my car look as JDM as possible plus engine and suspension and embrace the drive... Guyz, this is how you modify a honda.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
Like the mods, still innovating in the GE8 game!

Those winkers look real good, might have to add them to the list. Also the cut lower grill looks super clean.

Old 03-08-2015, 06:54 AM
5 Year Member
Looking real tough.

Old 03-08-2015, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
I've seen rear diffuser cut outs done in the NSX where the exhaust is visible. That's the first time I've seen it done on a Fit. It's one of those "less is more" type of mods giving a raw impression on the look.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1SickVeilsideZ
Car is looking good bro! I've actually thought about that on the rear bumper before, it's pretty common with the 350Z crowd since it shows off the sexy exhaust setup.

I would try and modify the Subaru rear diffuser to the rear bumper, it's not an expensive piece and I'm sure it would look sick on the Fit.
I want to run a rear diffuser but I haven't decided what route to take on it quite yet. I've been debating on trying to fit the STi diffuser like you said, or run the Top1 rear diffuser but I'm gonna wait on it and see what happens in the future.

Originally Posted by Waiz
Looking clean Andrew!

Digging the rear bumper cutout, I have the same thing on my 350z as Rick says above

Never seen anyone else with the front bumper cutout, digging it
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
Love Love Looove your car. Im all about making my car look as JDM as possible plus engine and suspension and embrace the drive... Guyz, this is how you modify a honda.

Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
Like the mods, still innovating in the GE8 game!

Those winkers look real good, might have to add them to the list. Also the cut lower grill looks super clean.
The winkers were a good investment since the blinker brightness on the Axis tail lights isn't great, especially at night when you step on the brakes. The brake lights overpower the blinker completely.

I do have to say - if you do it go with the OEM mirror covers and blinkers from the Insight. I went with the eBay kit and I have some issues with some of the LED's in the driver side not working, I plan on either trying to open it up to check all the soldering points or trying to fit the aftermarket cover with the OEM Insight blinker.

Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Looking real tough.
Much appreciated! Now if only it was a little faster

Originally Posted by kilika89
I've seen rear diffuser cut outs done in the NSX where the exhaust is visible. That's the first time I've seen it done on a Fit. It's one of those "less is more" type of mods giving a raw impression on the look.
My inspiration for it was actually from an NSX haha. I was planning on running a canister setup before combined with the rear diffuser, but after my modified exhaust ticket I decided that the black Vibrant muffler was much more proper / low-key.

I always appreciate the love guys!

Old 03-09-2015, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator
damn u get a ticket for a "modified exhaust" in cali? makes me kinda glad i live in joizee... NOT!

Old 03-10-2015, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
One of my favorite looking USDM fits! I have 2 questions:

Will that mugen grill fit the 2011 bumper? Its been awhile since ive even really read up on the differences of the changes from 2011 to 2012.

Who makes that rear x-bar? Ive been searching for suspension mods the last few days but it seems that products that were available 4 years ago are either no longer produced or the company is no longer existent.

Keep up the work. It looks great. All u need now is either a k20 or supercharger!!

Old 03-10-2015, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
damn u get a ticket for a "modified exhaust" in cali? makes me kinda glad i live in joizee... NOT!
Unfortunately so, it really depends on the cop. I had been pulled over once before I received the ticket and the officer let me off with a warning. It was complete bullshit when I actually got the ticket, I was sitting outside a car meet waiting to roll in and cops shut down the meet and ticketed myself and two other Fits because we were the only ones on a public street. My car was off on top of that.

The rule is it must have a rear mounted muffler (which ruined my plans for the setup I wanted to run) and cannot exceed 93 dB. The Vibrant is probably a bit over this limit, but I haven't gotten any negative attention thus far. Most stares I get are for the harness

Originally Posted by bunz559
One of my favorite looking USDM fits! I have 2 questions:

Will that mugen grill fit the 2011 bumper? Its been awhile since ive even really read up on the differences of the changes from 2011 to 2012.

Who makes that rear x-bar? Ive been searching for suspension mods the last few days but it seems that products that were available 4 years ago are either no longer produced or the company is no longer existent.

Keep up the work. It looks great. All u need now is either a k20 or supercharger!!
Thank you!
The bumper is completely different between the 09-11 and the 12-13, so no it will not work. The only grill that'll fit the 09-11 is either the JDP or the Mugen made for the 09-11. I've seen one case where someone was able to retrofit the JDM Mugen grill for the 08-09 bumper onto ours, but I'm not sure how it was mounted or how fitment is.

The x-bar is somewhat of a frankenstein taking a few universal bars and bolting it all together. I didn't feel much of a difference with it on, the difference was MUCH more noticeable with the Progress rear sway bar. There's a thread with part numbers somewhere on here for a GD which is what I followed and I haven't had any issues with it. I just aligned the part numbers with those from k2motors.com.

Working on the go-fast parts, it's really all I have left on the list to do. Right now the plan is to finish off all the audio, work on a few small details, and save up for either a supercharger or a turbo setup. Gotta finish school first though

Old 03-11-2015, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member

The winkers were a good investment since the blinker brightness on the Axis tail lights isn't great, especially at night when you step on the brakes. The brake lights overpower the blinker completely.

I do have to say - if you do it go with the OEM mirror covers and blinkers from the Insight. I went with the eBay kit and I have some issues with some of the LED's in the driver side not working, I plan on either trying to open it up to check all the soldering points or trying to fit the aftermarket cover with the OEM Insight blinker.

Thats good info to know, I haven't done too much research yet, but I do like the look and some functionality can't hurt either. Adding it to the list

Old 03-11-2015, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member

The bumper is completely different between the 09-11 and the 12-13, so no it will not work. The only grill that'll fit the 09-11 is either the JDP or the Mugen made for the 09-11. I've seen one case where someone was able to retrofit the JDM Mugen grill for the 08-09 bumper onto ours, but I'm not sure how it was mounted or how fitment is.
)
Don't forget the oem sport grill, its an optional accessory. Although most people go the mugen route, because its mugen.

Old 06-11-2015, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
Not much to update on (yet):
-Interior is all back in
-Takata harness is out for the time being
-Fourth brake light installed
-DaiLED third brake light installed
-Some change in stickers, banner is also removed (despite the pictures)

I have a couple plans / ideas I'd like to do over summer, but nothing major. I'll update again when appropriate

Old 06-14-2015, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
Not much to update on (yet):
-Interior is all back in
-Takata harness is out for the time being
-Fourth brake light installed
-DaiLED third brake light installed
-Some change in stickers, banner is also removed (despite the pictures)

I have a couple plans / ideas I'd like to do over summer, but nothing major. I'll update again when appropriate
Come to the meets

We are having a special event meet on the 27th!

Old 07-07-2015, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
Little update.

-CarbonCreations OEM style carbon fiber hood installed
-Rear seats removed (again, kept the carpet in though)
-Takata harness reinstalled
-Hawk HPS brake pads ordered
-EBC slotted rotors ordered (same as I'm currently running)

Picked up the hood at a killer price I couldn't pass up. I had been on the fence about it for awhile but I'm very happy with how it sits on the car. Won't have any other updates for awhile once again, still trying to decide a few things and at this point, keeping the car maintained with where it currently sits is the goal.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reintroduction : 2012 Tafetta White GE8 AT