2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Long time FF lurker, finally here's a few pics of my FIT

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member
Heliums look good on the Fit, and those 15s are purposeful. I like it.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Curious as to why you say this? Serious question. Trying to garner a safety reason in my mind, but can't grasp one.
Seat is not designed to collapse in a roll-over accident, if the roof caves, it's gonna hurt. I think he runs mountains = high possibility of rollover if you go off.

But like I said, I don't wanna be one of those safety nerds, so do what you do, just an observation.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
I do run it hard when I go driving but I'm never at 10/10's on public roads and I know my and my car's limits extremey well...that's something for an autocross course. More like 6 or 7/10's and focusing on hitting my lines, never crossing the double yellow. God forbid the car does flip, I do realize the risks. It's just all part of it I guess. Any car accident can kill you really...literally in the last year I've personally known three people who have passed away in a car accident. That's what makes it all real to me the most, and drives me to want to learn how to control a vehicle in all conditions.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by FIT4thetouge
I do run it hard when I go driving but I'm never at 10/10's on public roads and I know my and my car's limits extremey well...that's something for an autocross course. More like 6 or 7/10's and focusing on hitting my lines, never crossing the double yellow. God forbid the car does flip, I do realize the risks. It's just all part of it I guess. Any car accident can kill you really...literally in the last year I've personally known three people who have passed away in a car accident. That's what makes it all real to me the most, and drives me to want to learn how to control a vehicle in all conditions.
I'm glad you are aware of the risks, just be careful up there.

Signed,
Doesnttougeanymore

Old 03-23-2012, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Seat is not designed to collapse in a roll-over accident, if the roof caves, it's gonna hurt. I think he runs mountains = high possibility of rollover if you go off.

But like I said, I don't wanna be one of those safety nerds, so do what you do, just an observation.
OK after thinking about it I figured this might be where you were pin-pointing. In reality though, in a roll-over and the roof is collapsing in on you, I don't think it is going to matter too much what seat you have, in fact it might be better to have the bucket seat since not designed to collapse it holds the roof up at its highest point. Possibly giving the occupant some room to escape. I will say if one is going to buy seats, buy something that is certified and has undergone extensive strength tests. It's why I have both FIA certified seats and rails. I understand though that many are not buying for their safety and only buying for looks and ooohhhs and aaahhhs.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...F4tT.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the site!

Old 03-24-2012, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
F4tT...I like that lol. Anyways, the seat I have now is not FIA certified. My last seat in my old B13 was, a Courbeau Forza, but the rail wasn't so it doesn't matter anyways. I don't know how safe the seat is, but I can feel good about the fact that it's an OMP and not some NRG or fake Bride which will bend even from me just pushing against it. And also I wish I could get some ooohs and ahhhs for having a seat upgrade lol...I got made fun of a few times (by girls usually) for having mismatched seats in my SE-R.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:31 PM
looks good! I don't see too many Fits in that color.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by philbert
looks good! I don't see too many Fits in that color.
^^^ True. Something about rarely seen colors that make it so pleasing to look at.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
few more pics from today with a better camera and a bit of editing..

Name:  calvin15.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  121.3 KB

Name:  fitrearparkcopy.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  60.7 KB

Name:  fitrearpark2.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  85.7 KB

Old 04-04-2012, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
also...I just learned how to use p-shop in the last few hours lol so I'm not very good

Old 04-17-2012, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
Really love the car. Purpose built and purpose driven...KUDOS TO YOU! You drive yours just like I drove mine.

You might wanna look into the Cusco front underbrace. Bang for the buck IMO helped my driving ability a lot

Old 04-20-2012, 01:10 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks! and how is that brace compared to the T1R bits? I'd assume price-wise the Cusco is alittle harder on the wallet, albeit stiffer and better

Old 04-20-2012, 02:30 AM
5 Year Member
Name:  fittempwheels3.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  155.3 KB

Name:  fittempwheels2.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  131.4 KB

Currently borrowing my buddy's old wheels since I flatspotted my tires in an emergency situation (normal driving) the other day, and then found out two of my wheels are bent. Too many damn potholes for these cheaper lightweight wheels to survive a normal life I guess. Anyways, these are German-made aluStar wheels, which are made by ATE if my research serves me right. Not too shabby, but not really my style. I've already picked up another set of wheels and am in the middle of repainting them...hopefully I can get some pics up of them soon. They're heavier, but a hell of alot stronger so I'll take the trade off for now. Eventually I'll look into getting the Konigs repaired or replaced.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
those wheels look good

Old 07-04-2012, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
UPDATE

Well folks...it's been exactly 20,000 miles and I've loved every one. I just got home tonight and looked at the odometer and there it was...

Name:  fit20k.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  65.1 KB

I had to snap a pic and I also figured I'd update the thread! I recently took the car on a road trip to NC for a little vacation with some family and friends. The car did as well as any other city car would do on a long trip...maybe alittle more twitchy than normal but it wasn't too bad, even with all the extra weight (three other passengers and all of our stuff.) Once we arrived I immediately fell in love with the scenery and atmosphere of the place and knew I was going to get some decent pictures...which I did..

Name:  IMG_8571.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  219.7 KB

Name:  IMG_8567.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  283.4 KB

Name:  IMG_8561.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  94.0 KB

Name:  IMG_8591.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  96.5 KB

I spent a good amount of time just driving around taking it all in. I found some of the smoothest roads I've ever driven on and even found a few decent twisties. Most of it is straight line stuff down there with subtle bends in the road but I enjoyed those surprises. One thing I kept noticing was how many abandoned houses are just left to rot down there. There isn't a shortage of space so I guess people don't waste their time tearing things down, but they made for some good photo props!

Anyways, the second I took it home I converted it back to my fun car; took the rear seats out, and swapped the OMP back in. Oh yea, I haven't shown you guys that yet eh?

Name:  fitomp.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  91.4 KB

Name:  fitomp3.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  148.5 KB

Name:  fitseatrail.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  109.1 KB

This thing reaallllyyyyy makes you a part of the car. I feel like I can consider it a handling upgrade, only because I can now reeeaallllyyy feel the pros and cons of the way my car feels and it communicates to me. When I first drove with it I couldn't believe what I'd been missing. Obviously this isn't an upgrade for everyone...it's a bitch to get into and out of. However I chose to make a compromise and I wouldn't want it any other way. The feeling of the g's pulling your upper body but the seat holding you in tight is like nothing else..

All in all, I've enjoyed the f**k out of my FIT so far. Maybe I've modded it too quickly for how I drive it and should've gotten used to it bone stock for awhile, but I feel like I know it's tendencies extremely well now. I'm excited to get into real racing in a few years and really start to push it and learn some things...but I'll pay the car off first . Let me know what you guys think!

Old 07-04-2012, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
Holy cow. The seat looks rad! It looks way better in your car than it did taking up (what seemed like) 1/2 my dorm room lol

Old 07-04-2012, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
lol Yea...also better than sitting against my dresser all this time til about a month ago.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
Looks cooll. Why'd you take the OMP out for the road trip tho?

Old 07-04-2012, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Had my sister's boyfriend (the dude with the TSX) split driving with me so I figured I'd give him a break lol.

Quick Reply: Long time FF lurker, finally here's a few pics of my FIT