2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Long time FF lurker, finally here's a few pics of my FIT

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I can't say I love the wheels.

But I'm glad you got the car fixed brosef! Looks like quality work!

What sort of investment into the suspension did you make? Need more tire doe.

Also, :thumbsup: to the sig.
Ehhhh just Megan's. Basically same shit, different pile... I got them for a good price so not much of an investment. For some reason one of the bolt holes on each front bottom mount is slotted, which is how I was able to get that much camber.

Also atleast the wheels are semi-real this time around haha. Any wider of a tire and it would poke too much...plus I like the low speed turn in response.

As far as the sig goes...did you watch the race live? I was up at 4 am and I couldn't sleep after that. It was just eerie hearing the announcers struggle to get and relay information. I was too young to remember Imola but I'm sure the feeling was similar..

Old 10-20-2014, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FIT4thetouge
Ehhhh just Megan's. Basically same shit, different pile... I got them for a good price so not much of an investment. For some reason one of the bolt holes on each front bottom mount is slotted, which is how I was able to get that much camber.

Also atleast the wheels are semi-real this time around haha. Any wider of a tire and it would poke too much...plus I like the low speed turn in response.

As far as the sig goes...did you watch the race live? I was up at 4 am and I couldn't sleep after that. It was just eerie hearing the announcers struggle to get and relay information. I was too young to remember Imola but I'm sure the feeling was similar..
Gotcha on the suspension/tires.

I didn't watch live, but I did watch a recording of Sky's live feed. Dem feels were horrible.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
Gotcha on the suspension/tires.

I didn't watch live, but I did watch a recording of Sky's live feed. Dem feels were horrible.
Yea...I watched the Sky feed live. On a lighter note, I'm quite excited for next year and hopefully Alonso with some Honda power

Old 10-20-2014, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
Yea...I watched the Sky feed live. On a lighter note, I'm quite excited for next year and hopefully Alonso with some Honda power
As a Lewis fan...I'm excited for the rest of this year! And I'm always about as excited for pre-season testing as any one race haha.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ml#post1269356

I'd say that pretty well showcases my enthusiasm for Lew. My girl has a Senna sticker on her Fit, feelsgoodman.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
Haha nice. Lewis is killing it, as is Nico...dat Mercedes power. That DNF at Singapore killed Rosberg though. There are rumors that Honda are going with the split turbo like the Mercedes now, and that is making them behind schedule. We shall see. Pre-season testing will be much more awesome this year!

Old 10-20-2014, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
...For some reason one of the bolt holes on each front bottom mount is slotted, which is how I was able to get that much camber.
That's exactly why it's slotted, for camber adjustment.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MEATBABY
That's exactly why it's slotted, for camber adjustment.
Yea I knew that, I was just surprised to see it. My F2's didn't have that feature.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
Ah I see. Sorry to assume The Buddy Club N+ has them too, as do a few others.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MEATBABY
Ah I see. Sorry to assume The Buddy Club N+ has them too, as do a few others.
It's all good. Wish it were that easy for the rears

Old 12-14-2014, 06:15 AM
5 Year Member
just a quick question. on the sti front spoiler what did you order that for year and model. really like the look of it and since i can't get a hold of jdp i think i will get this spoiler.
thanks
also how much lower is the seating position with the omp seat and buddy club rails.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rickshatch
just a quick question. on the sti front spoiler what did you order that for year and model. really like the look of it and since i can't get a hold of jdp i think i will get this spoiler.
thanks
also how much lower is the seating position with the omp seat and buddy club rails.
Sorry I'm just now seeing this, but it was for an 06-07 STI...should be pretty easy to find on ebay. Also, the seating position is just unreal low when compared to getting into the stock seat. Every time I drive a bone stock GE I feel like I'm driving a bus.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
it's all good thanks for the info

Old 04-07-2016, 03:37 AM
5 Year Member
Well it's been quite awhile...so much has changed and long story short, after some roadblocks my car is better than it's ever been. Here's a quick summary (inb4 wall of text):

- Late last summer, installed Tein Street Basis suspension. Completely transformed my car in being able to actually dampen bumps for everyday and spirited driving for the roads I drive every day...stiffer springs seems to upset the car too much to be comfortable.

- Around that same time I sold my wheels and found a set of Rota Track R's (...) in 15x7, and ordered some Hankook Ventus V2 Concept 2's to wrap them in. Not the lightest wheel I've owned, but strong and good looking enough for me. The Hankooks are great tires for the price range, and I've always had good luck with this model tire...breaks away very predictably and lasts long.

- In October, I hit a puddle and ended up hydrolocking my engine. Takeda CAI and a ripped splash guard pretty much killed me here. It was drive-able but sounded like a diesel...it's days were numbered. I arranged everything I needed for a swap, with help from others. I ended up just driving it knowing a new engine was on the way. Three days before we planned to swap it, it threw a rod through the block in spectacular fashion on the highway. When we dropped the engine out there was a hole you could see straight through to the other side...! I sourced a 19k L15A7 out of a 2013 GE that was rear ended in New York through LKQ, got a great deal and a warranty to go with it. A week later it was swapped in by a good friend of mine and the car was reborn again.

- While the car was down, I took the time to do little things I wanted to get done, IK22 plugs being one. I also purchased a Deka ETX14L battery, which if anyone is familiar, is the same as the Braillle 12lb battery. CCA is rated a bit lower than it should be, but I haven't had any issues after a good bit of miles...we'll see. I took out the stock tray, grabbed a Password JDM tie down for an RSX off someone locally, and just used the stock j hooks to hold it in tight.

- Installed an ETC throttle controller, definitely needed this a long time ago and wakes the car up with throttle response. Very important for someone wanting to improve the sluggish driveability of the stock DBW. Also installed a Buddy Club short shifter, both purchased from a member here btw, and makes the shifter that much smoother. Ordered a new pitch mount to fill it with polyurethane as well...can feel a slight difference but I plan on ordering Innovative mounts in the future.

Winter was hard on the car aesthetically but I focused on getting everything in good mechanical shape for the spring and summer, and I've achieved that. Just recently had the car aligned with the Civic Si crash bolts with 1 degree of negative camber, and it just grips and grips. This car is just so eager to turn..

Once I freshen the exterior up I'll get some more pics, and start updating this thread more often if anyone still reads anymore...it's been a LONG time.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:45 AM
5 Year Member
Well it's been quite awhile...so much has changed and long story short, after some roadblocks my car is better than it's ever been. Here's a quick summary (inb4 wall of text):

- Late last summer, installed Tein Street Basis suspension. Completely transformed my car in being able to actually dampen bumps for everyday and spirited driving for the roads I drive every day...stiffer springs seems to upset the car too much to be comfortable.

- Around that same time I sold my wheels and found a set of Rota Track R's (...) in 15x7, and ordered some Hankook Ventus V2 Concept 2's to wrap them in. Not the lightest wheel I've owned, but strong and good looking enough for me. The Hankooks are great tires for the price range, and I've always had good luck with this model tire...breaks away very predictably and lasts long.

- In October, I hit a puddle and ended up hydrolocking my engine. Takeda CAI and a ripped splash guard pretty much killed me here. It was drive-able but sounded like a diesel...it's days were numbered. I arranged everything I needed for a swap, with help from others. I ended up just driving it knowing a new engine was on the way. Three days before we planned to swap it, it threw a rod through the block in spectacular fashion on the highway. When we dropped the engine out there was a hole you could see straight through to the other side...! I sourced a 19k L15A7 out of a 2013 GE that was rear ended in New York through LKQ, got a great deal and a warranty to go with it. A week later it was swapped in by a good friend of mine and the car was reborn again.

- While the car was down, I took the time to do little things I wanted to get done, IK22 plugs being one. I also purchased a Deka ETX14L battery, which if anyone is familiar, is the same as the Braillle 12lb battery. CCA is rated a bit lower than it should be, but I haven't had any issues after a good bit of miles...we'll see. I took out the stock tray, grabbed a Password JDM tie down for an RSX off someone locally, and just used the stock j hooks to hold it in tight.

- Installed an ETC throttle controller, definitely needed this a long time ago and wakes the car up with throttle response. Very important for someone wanting to improve the sluggish driveability of the stock DBW. Also installed a Buddy Club short shifter, both purchased from a member here btw, and makes the shifter that much smoother. Ordered a new pitch mount to fill it with polyurethane as well...can feel a slight difference but I plan on ordering Innovative mounts in the future.

Winter was hard on the car aesthetically but I focused on getting everything in good mechanical shape for the spring and summer, and I've achieved that. Just recently had the car aligned with the Civic Si crash bolts with 1 degree of negative camber, and it just grips and grips. This car is just so eager to turn..

Once I freshen the exterior up I'll get some more pics, and start updating this thread more often if anyone still reads anymore...it's been a LONG time.
You need some extreme summers me dude.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
You need some extreme summers me dude.
It's true, the all-seasons just fit into my budget. I had some Potenza RE750's awhile back and the grip on those were wonderful...but with the camber I had at the time, I wore through them in less than two weeks. At some point I just need to get dedicated winter and summer wheels, but for now I have to make the Hankooks work.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
i have the same wheels. post up some pics