2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Eulogy GE8

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 01:59 AM
Rad, man. Love this thread.

Old 06-16-2021, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by GrE8_Fit
Rad, man. Love this thread
Thanks!

Left and Right Driveshafts Replaced
Got both driveshafts replaced today via recall. I bumped a curb on some ice a couple of years ago, replaced the bearing and wheel, but noticed a super slight vibration at around 80mph on 2 different sets of freshly balanced wheels. Always suspected the driveshaft was tweaked from the curb encounter and wanted to replace it. I was on the fence with using a 3rd party replacement after hearing they sometimes cause vibration. Had some in my amazon cart for a few months, then the recall came thru. Perfect timing. Mine definitely had some surface rust on them and slight pitting, so they qualified for replacement at Honda under the recall. Car seems smoother and tighter...and i dont notice the intermittent high speed vibration anymore. Took about 2.5 hrs at the dealership for the replacement and an alignment...all no charge.

Im always hesitant to have someone else work on my vehicles, but the car came back in the condition it left me in...no new dings, scratches, wobbles, noises, ..greasy hand prints etc. Shout outs to the tech who worked on my car...overall im satisfied!

New axle nuts (as they should be)

Passenger side new n shiny

Drivers side

Last edited by eulogy; 06-16-2021 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-28-2021, 07:48 PM
Giga Air Spencer - Green Breeze
Cusco 386-477 AN - Front Lower Arm Bar

Couple of goodies arrived today.

Had a Air Spencer many, many years ago. Didn't care for the trendy squash scent...decided to try Green Breeze. Mostly got it because its black. The scent is ok. After the scent runs out i plan to use the dispenser with essential oils instead.

Im sure the front Cusco braces improvements wont be drastic, but im excited to try it.
Waiting for a second lower control arm and the BC coilovers so i can do all the suspension together. Thought I found good deals from 2 different sellers on ebay for each of the lower control arms, left one was correct, the right side one was for another vehicle. The right side one got returned.

I didnt want to pay full price from the dealer for the LCA, but considering the deal i got on the left side one, i decided to just bite the bullet and buy from Honda.

Last edited by eulogy; 06-28-2021 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-02-2021, 08:31 PM
OEM Honda Floormats - All-Season
08P13-TK6-110

I bought new carpet floormats a few months ago, and the drivers side is already starting to not look great. Its sad that quality of everything is diminishing. I try to be semi conscious of my shoes and floormats as to keep them decent looking, while not being obsessive. It seems the floormats wear prematurely.

I prefer the look of carpet over all weather mats, but im tired of thinking about ruining my carpet, so in will go the rubber mats.

Last edited by eulogy; 07-02-2021 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:58 PM
a lil summer flex.

Last edited by eulogy; 07-06-2021 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-07-2021, 02:08 AM
👌 This thread rules.

Old 07-07-2021, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
Those door panels look good! Might have to take that route.

I mildly regret getting OEM rubber mats when I first got my car. My driver's front has been starting to show its age. The other three look great still, but I'm sure yours will be fine!

My last daily ('98 Jetta) had some real thick OEM rubber mats from a MK4 ('99-04) Jetta if I remember correctly. Wish Honda made mats like VW does Monster Mats.

Old 07-09-2021, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by GrE8_Fit
👌 This thread rules.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by julianachos
Those door panels look good! Might have to take that route.

I mildly regret getting OEM rubber mats when I first got my car. My driver's front has been starting to show its age. The other three look great still, but I'm sure yours will be fine!

My last daily ('98 Jetta) had some real thick OEM rubber mats from a MK4 ('99-04) Jetta if I remember correctly. Wish Honda made mats like VW does Monster Mats.
Glad u like the door panels.
As for the floormats, i thought the rubber would be thicker. Its weird all the floor stuff is thin and cheap for this car. The carpet mats, the floor carpet, the trunk floor.

Old 07-09-2021, 04:54 PM
JDP Carbon Fiber Hood

Hood Weights
(+/- .25lbs)
Stock Hood = 16.5 lbs
JDP Carbon Hood = 10.5 lbs

Fitment, weave, and underside finish isnt perfect. But with the reasonable cost and the fact that this is hand made and far beyond my capabilities of making, im still impressed.

There is an uneven gap along the edge near the windshield, with it being about 1/4 inch larger on the passenger side. Gap along headlights is pretty even except for drivers side top 3 inches or so tapers pretty close. Also, the hood sticks up a bit higher the last 3 inches or so on passenger side headlight, closest to bumper. Removed inner 2 hood stops as recommended, and adjusted outer 2 for best fitment. I didn't have to use any of the provided washers to shim the hood because the height of it at the hinges was pretty much spot on.

Bottomside has several minor imperfections and could have been finished a bit cleaner around the latch. Maybe im just being picky, but i notice little things in workmanship being a perfectionist.

The clearcoat is close to perfect and even, no fisheye, orange peel or runs. Packaging/protection/ship time was perfect.

I might try to fit the hood scoop on the bottomside and play with the gaps a bit more...but overall Im satisfied.

Last edited by eulogy; 07-09-2021 at 09:00 PM. Reason: updated with hood weights
Old 07-09-2021, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Just wondering, is it clearcoat or just resin? I know some people have complained about the carbon yellowing and fading on some JDP pieces and the consensus is that those pieces don't have clearcoat but rather just the resin.

Also the scoop for the intake, are you saying there aren't any mounting provisions on this new hood?

I'm also interested in a JDP hood sometime in the future but don't wanna gimp intake performance for a bit of fancy carbon.

Old 07-09-2021, 08:02 PM
Honestly im not sure, but i emailed Jdp regarding it. Its clean and smooth regardless, curious for how long though. . I know ive seen some threads in the past regarding the finish failing.

On the bottomside, i need to inspect it to make sure nothing will be damaged, but its basically a mold of an OE hood, so it looks like it just needs the holes drilled.

Ill post my findings on both.

Old 07-10-2021, 01:58 PM
carbon hood gang 😎. I just got mine too and I couldn’t get the alignment right.

did you have to mess with the hood hinge bolts connected to the body of the fit?

I was only able to adjust the front bolt since the back was hard to reach and got this alignment on the passenger side 🤣

Name:  ldM52N7.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  311.0 KB

I have to try another day to get the right alignment..

Old 07-10-2021, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by slvrsoul.fit
carbon hood gang 😎. I just got mine too and I couldn’t get the alignment right.

did you have to mess with the hood hinge bolts connected to the body of the fit?

I was only able to adjust the front bolt since the back was hard to reach and got this alignment on the passenger side 🤣

I have to try another day to get the right alignment..
the pic of yours on the what did you do to your ge today is what triggered me to get mine. hah. i couldnt decide on the vented or oem version, though i was leaning towards the oe version to reduce my motor cleanings. jdp had it in stock, so i told em send it.

i didnt loosen the bolts to the body. i tightened the nuts to the hood, but left them just loose enough to shift the hood around, but tight enough that they would hold long enough for me to gently open the hood again without them moving to tighten them. im assuming that same gap in your pic, on the drivers side is much less on your car. aligning the hood is basically a game of splitting differences. it will never be perfect though because the hood is not perfect.i have a larger gap alongside the passenger side cowl, except for that passenger rear corner in your pic, mine is very close to the cowl also. i dont know what the rest of the fitment looks like, but in the pic it seems like yours should go forward and towards the passenger side.

Old 07-10-2021, 08:25 PM
update on the hood.

JDP emailed me back and said it is in fact clear coated, but recommends waxing it. i plan to have my car paint corrected and ceramic coated soon, so ill have them coat everything.

i was able to reattach the under hood scoop. i gently used the drill with a 5mm bit to make pilot holes, then stepped up to a 12mm but removed the battery from the drill and did it by hand . trying to power drill the holes will 100% leave you with a damaged hood, with the drill protruding through the top of the hood.

im including pics of the hinge, which is the sloppiest part of the hood... for anyone that is considering buying, they know what to expect. i sent JDP pics of it to ensure there was no structural concern, and they assured me it was purely cosmetic. still could have been done cleaner. another complaint i have is i wish the bottomside was painted with a gloss black paint, or at least clear coated to help with keeping it cleaner. it stains with water spots almost immediately, and is flat black so wiping it is like wiping sand paper.

reinstalled the "jdm" taillights. still my favorite version for the GE. im going to hang on to the clear Hybrid Led tails for a bit to make sure, but theyll probably go up for sale. theyre fun, but to much chrome for my build.

got word on my BC coilovers now with an ETA of late July...which will put them at 8 weeks. Had i known i was going to wait so long i would have just ordered Cuscos. part of why i went with BC was because i thought they had some sort of U.S stock. My Cusco lower brace came from japan in a week.

anywho...heres some pics of the car while its clean...

JDP hood latch imperfections

Hood scoop installed on carbon hood

Reinstalled my favorite taillights for the GE

Old 07-12-2021, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
How are you liking your BC coilovers?

Old 07-12-2021, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by perkidddoh
How are you liking your BC coilovers?
Havnt got em yet...they were suppose to come around next week but got pushed back to the end of July

Old 07-12-2021, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eulogy
Havnt got em yet...they were suppose to come around next week but got pushed back to the end of July
Oh, got it. So still on the Tein, I'm assuming? I've heard all good news on BC's but also know someone local selling used Bilsteins and was just thinking of pulling the trigger on those.

Old 07-12-2021, 06:20 PM
Yea still on the tein. Cant recommend them for anything outside of being comfortable and quiet.

Bilstein would be nice...assuming they are relatively low mileage.

Old 07-12-2021, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
20k-ish for 60-70% off msrp since they are used. No tracking for me, all commuting and having fun getting from a to b.

Old 07-14-2021, 06:55 AM
Originally Posted by perkidddoh
20k-ish for 60-70% off msrp since they are used. No tracking for me, all commuting and having fun getting from a to b.
Sounds like a deal to me!

Quick Reply: Eulogy GE8