2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Sprintex Supercharger Installed *Pics and Vid*

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 09:25 PM
using the 65mm pulley - around 12 psi

not bad, eh

Old 08-11-2012, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
wow still on stock internals?

Old 08-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by MADMAN-_-zZ
wow still on stock internals?
110 octane fuel, dual stage wmi, ported and polished, and K1 connecting rod mate..

Old 09-02-2012, 07:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by urbanoutfit
this shit is never coming to the states.
If you've read any of my posts about the Sprintex S/C, you would have realized that a long time ago. ALL of the people (the count is a whopping 2 so far - 1 in Australia and 1 in Jakarta) that are keeping the posts alive on this forum with their Sprintex S/C installs are using prototype units. If Sprintex was in production with this "kit" then it wouldn't take a month for them to answer their "customer" (read: guinea pig) questions. Give it up. This is my last post about this topic. My prediction is that Sprintex will never take this "kit" into production, let alone make it commercially available for the USDM GE8 Fit. These are all customer-born one-off prototype installs, and Sprintex is basically using these guys (their Fits) as mules.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:19 PM
As a long time supercharger system designer it is nice to see somebody take the time and money to develop a true "OE" style system. Up to now the only thing available in the market are what we in the industry call "cut and weld" kits. A few plates, some welded pipe and a aftermarket supercharger does not equal "OE". Sprintex makes a similar system for Proton in Malaysia for thier Satria pocket rocket. These systems involve hundreds of hours of design and full throttle dyno testing to meet the needs of performance and warranty requirements. A true "OE" style system will have a supercharger that is self oiled, no additional lines, tanks or heat exchanger. Sprintex is a "screw style" not a Roots. Huge difference. Less power to drive it. Much lower discharge temps. Important on an engine with already high compression. Easier to package. And so on. I designed some of the first prototypes for this system. Sprintex took my rough pieces and made a first class "OE" style system. Boostec has the system. Old66

Old 09-25-2012, 07:04 PM
^no offense... but tell us something that interests us and things that we don't know.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
ThEvil0ne you come across rude there just so you know

Old 09-25-2012, 08:32 PM
There's been some lengthy threads about this GE6/8 SC kit from Sprintex. I know I opened the first thread months and months ago. I have sent email to Sprintex AU and have called and talked to them on the phone a few times too. Sprintex themselves told me that they have sent "their man" to the US to sort and finish developing the USDM kit. Others have contacted BOOSTEC too in the process.

Story short... all we get are promises and BS. So yes... I may sound rude but I know a few of us feels the same way.

Last edited by ThEvil0nE; 09-25-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by MADMAN-_-zZ
ThEvil0ne you come across rude there just so you know
Rude or not, I'm of the same sentiment.

Before you flame me, read my initial statements on this S/C in any of the 7 or so threads that came up. Then there was the initial hand-wringing about the EGR situation, and so on.

For pretty much all the LHD GE Fits, its the same story and a continual let down. I certainly put some blame on the market it's self however.

I design FI systems as well, FWIW and my customers are every bit as demanding and more.

Somehow I manage to pull it off without a ton of beating around the bush and then under-delivering.

Who had the First Boosted USDM GE, anyways?

Old 04-13-2013, 02:55 AM
I've read this thread and come to ask if this would work on a usdm fit.

From what I've gathered is there may be an issue with the egr. Am I right?

Also would a egr block off plate remedy the issue?

If not what are the options to get this to work?

Old 11-01-2013, 03:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jozzy
ah one more thing, i've seen the sprintex sc installation twice on here @ jakarta, indonesia.. one is mine, and the other one is on fit GE8 AT, its easily hits 163HP on first run though (k&n big typhoon, and 'light' custom exhaust as well)

Is the GE8 AT able to handle 163 hp? Do you know what is the whp when installed on AT?

I was thinking of getting a sprintex s/c but was told that the 5AT cannot handle the additional hp and just keeps slipping.

Last edited by hotkey; 11-01-2013 at 04:02 AM.