Notices
2nd Generation GE8 Specific For Sale/WTB Used Parts Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all for sale threads for used parts concerning the second generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Looking for 15" Wheel Covers

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Looking for 15" Wheel Covers

Gentlemen,

Last night, a bright-minded entrepreneur decided to invest in my '09 base model hubcaps. I was a bit surprised that someone would care to take plastic wheel covers, but the dealer told me if I'd like a new one, it would cost $73 dollars. That is quite a return.

I am lucky that the thief only took the covers, obviously I will be investing in wheel locks, but the current look of my black fit and black steel rims aren't really what I'm going for. I'm not interested in paying for the dealer's overhead, and in this economic climate (and my own financial situation) I am looking to replace these caps as cheaply as possible. Honda Parts Now will bless me with a new set, for just over $200, but knowing how resourceful and creative you guys are with your cars, I am hoping one of you has your original wheel covers just laying around.

This is where we become friends. I would very much like to find four new wheel covers to dress my 09 base fit (because driving it around like it is makes ME feel naked). I will perform favors, pay shipping, introduce you to your new girlfriend, make you a meal, write your college admissions statement or a love letter, make a trade and\or pay a reasonable cost for your new or moderately used hubcaps.

Additionally, I am hoping to avoid this bullshit in the future. Beyond zip-ties, is there another way of securing my aesthetically valuable plastic rims?

This is my first post, but I have benefited from this forum since I bought my fit in January. I hope you guys can help me out.

Andrew

Old 10-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Heh. What part of the city were you in?

What do you want them to look like? Do you want the originals or something different?

I think my mom has some extra unwanted generic plastic hubcaps over in jersey, but I'm not sure what size they are..

I would say... pizza pie tins.. but you basically need to secure them to hubcaps I think... (check ecomodder.com for more info..) they improve MPG too!

Old 10-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Hey,
I was in the Northeast, near Adams ave and the boulevard. I've been parking there for almost half a year with no problems. Just my luck, I suppose.

Ideally I'd like to replace the stock covers if I can, but in this day and age - I'll take what I can get!

Last edited by AndrewLOL; 10-09-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by AndrewLOL
Hey,
I was in the Northeast, near Adams ave and the boulevard. I've been parking there for almost half a year with no problems. Just my luck, I suppose.

Ideally I'd like to replace the stock covers if I can, but in this day and age - I'll do anything!
heh. That's not even too bad an area. I'm often over there for the home depot and the asian grocery.

I wouldn't bother to replace stock hubcaps unless someone here gives you a really good deal.. especially with winter coming up.. not to mention your (I assume) continued parking at the same location...

You could always try painting the wheels with some sort of fancy design... have any artistic friends?

You might get some better suggestions on how to secure your hubcaps in another forum.

I would just get cheap hubcaps in a local superstore (walmart, kmart, sears, pepboys, autozone, etc.) Have you checked the prices on generics? Or taken a look to see what you might like?

And you can get the OEM wheel locks on ebay for cheap. . I'm sure you could pick up a generic brand in a local autosupply place too, I've just never looked at such a thing.