2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Springs/Shocks to go with Progress Rear Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
Springs/Shocks to go with Progress Rear Sway Bar

Hi all.

Got a 2013 Fit......btw...they call it a Fit cause everything fits......even an 8Ft Step Ladder......lol.

Going to install the ProgressAuto Rear Sway Bar, and thought I'd replace the springs/shocks while I'm at it.

I don't want to lower it at all....but I'd like it to not bottom out when I hit a dip at speed, so looking for something strong and high quality.

Will replace the fronts down the road a bit, but for now will just do the rears.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Old 03-12-2019, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by Zardiw
Hi all.

Got a 2013 Fit......btw...they call it a Fit cause everything fits......even an 8Ft Step Ladder......lol.

Going to install the ProgressAuto Rear Sway Bar, and thought I'd replace the springs/shocks while I'm at it.

I don't want to lower it at all....but I'd like it to not bottom out when I hit a dip at speed, so looking for something strong and high quality.

Will replace the fronts down the road a bit, but for now will just do the rears.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
If you're looking to keep the same ride height, just replace the OEM struts with either Koni Oranges or KYB's and fit them with the stock struts.

If you ever plan to go lower; Swift springs will give you a slight drop of 1.2in and can work with any replacement strut as they are designed to perform well with OEM strut/shock specifications. I have been running my Fit with Swift springs paired with KYB struts. I have no problems with bottoming out even on large bumps and still have enough clearance to put snow cables on my tires. Swifts springs have eliminated most the body roll and increase the handling characteristics without sacrificing the ride quality.