2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Better Ride & Handling Possible?

Old 01-21-2015, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
Better Ride & Handling Possible?

Hello All,

Hope you are well. Figure on doing some suspension work when the shocks need replacing. Figure this will be around 100k miles (might do it sooner).

In my opinion, the bone stock GE8 Fit rides pretty rough. Are there any coil over kits or similar that can improve the Ride *and* Handling?

The car is AutoXed and is my daily driver (no trust fund).

Any info. you can provide is appreciated.

Best,
Yo

Old 01-21-2015, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
Redshiftchris (I believe is their screen name) sells Ground Control and Koni shock packages for the GE8 if you're interested and don't mind spending some cash on a damn good setup. The GCs are sleeve conversion kits that you can add to the struts and in the rear spring perches in the torsion beam ALONG WITH have a nice selection of springs (both in stiffness and height) from Eibach Spring catalog. The Konis (I believe) are their adjustable dampening models.

A step down from that I believe would be Swift (or another company) springs with Koni's STR.T (Street) struts/shocks. A little more budget friendly... Not sure if anyone has done this yet.

On top of that, you may consider a Progress rear sway bar as well to help with stiffen the axle of the car and reduce body roll. I personally seen on my GD with stock suspension and the Progress rear bar that I could actually get onto the throttle sooner AND STAY on throttle on the even the simplest of 4-way intersections while fighting less understeer than stock. The car felt more eager to rotate in a sense... BUT remained planted back then. I never AX'ed with that configuration though so i can't really say anything there... >.>

Old 01-22-2015, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
I had Koni Orange (STR.T) with swift springs and later progress springs. Both setups were more comfortable (especially the swifts) and performed better than stock. This is because the high speed valving seemed more digressive which reduced harshness yet the low speed valving worked well with the lowering springs.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by Fast1one
I had Koni Orange (STR.T) with swift springs and later progress springs. Both setups were more comfortable (especially the swifts) and performed better than stock. This is because the high speed valving seemed more digressive which reduced harshness yet the low speed valving worked well with the lowering springs.
Handling wise, did you notice a big jump going from swifts to progress' springs?