Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Honda Fit GD3 Struts/Shocks need your opinion.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 12:01 AM
Honda Fit GD3 Struts/Shocks need your opinion.

At the moment I have Skunk 2 springs and some knock off struts (I haven't been able to see a brand name on them). But in other words the ride quality is pretty bad. Rubs with 4 people non stop, Big dips with only myself in it, hits my lip, and gets scratched up. Just all around bad and its time to change.

Lip is worse now, Here it is 1 year ago. Wheels are 16x7
Name:  CDF70E36-2B0B-4360-BD2A-B65F27CE91AD_zpsgmvietlr.jpg
Views: 3408
Size:  258.1 KB

Okay so I've been searching for the most comfortable strut/shock setup.
My plan was to get KYB Struts and Swift Springs. ~$600 if I install which is about my budget. I do not want coilovers since its more of a daily then anything.

I was also thinking about just going straight to stock but stock springs are even more expensive then something aftermarket such as Swift Springs. I've also heard stock is a bit too bouncy.

I like how Swift Springs are not too much of a drop and they seem like they ride pretty decent for lowering springs (from members' experiences). There is a pretty good thread on this site that everyone chimed into.

How I drive:
I do not canyon my car, maybe sharp turns here and there, and on ramps are pretty fun, but the Skunk 2's are hurting my car more then anything. I drive at least 40 miles a day and sometimes 100 miles and I am always driving the speed limit because you can't do too much with 100~ horsepower in California traffic.

What I want:
Comfortable ride, maybe a small drop to make my wheels look somewhat decent. Zero to no rubbing. Body roll controlled.

Tell me your opinions. Wish I had other Honda Fit's I can try but I don't know anyone with another GD3... Thank you.

Last edited by badass8; 08-27-2015 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
Swift springs for sure with what you're looking for...

Kybs will be fine, tokico hts if you want more rebound adjustment

Old 08-28-2015, 09:30 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
my daily setup is tokico blues and progress auto springs.

It drops the fit roughly 1.5" from stock, rides close to stock but still stiff enough to play. I had skunk2 springs for a bit and hated them. I loaded my car with a full engine in the trunk and four passengers and don't rub at all.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by kylerwho
my daily setup is tokico blues and progress auto springs.

It drops the fit roughly 1.5" from stock, rides close to stock but still stiff enough to play.
Same. I actually used a thread around here somewhere with spring rate comparisons between a bunch of then-available springs and Progress was the closest to the stock spring rate.

OP while you're doing the springs you may want to consider doing a Progress rear sway bar and front and rear strut tower bars since the whole suspension will be disassembled. Those added items will make your fun car to drive even funner to drive!

Old 09-01-2015, 05:46 PM
Thank you for your responses. I have yet to look at Tokico's and progress auto springs. I'll have to check them out.
For all lower springs (since I plan to get new mounting hardware) I would have to cut the bump stops in half correct?

Old 12-29-2016, 04:06 AM
5 Year Member
Swift springs until there was a group buy for Buddy Club coilovers. I can't drive a lowered car where I live and set up my car a little over stock height. I was very happy with the ride quality and handling.