2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

KW V2 Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 12:26 AM
abu
5 Year Member
KW V2 Coilovers

Looks like KW released the V2 coilovers for the GE8. $1541 at tirerack.. anyone have experience with them?

Old 03-12-2010, 10:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by abu
Looks like KW released the V2 coilovers for the GE8. $1541 at tirerack.. anyone have experience with them?
I called kw directly and the rep. told me they did not have any plans in the works on a coilover kit of anykind for the GE8! I'd call tirerack before ordering and see if they possibly made a mistake on their part! KW does make a V2 for the gd fit!

Old 03-17-2010, 10:16 PM
abu
5 Year Member
I confirmed with KW that the part number on Tirerack's site is for GD only...

Old 01-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Spoke _at length_ with KW on the phone today. The Variant 2 kit is indeed GD-only, with (it sounds like) no plans at all to make a Variant 2 kit for the GE-chassis Honda Fits.

There is, however, a new part number for a GE8 kit of 'Variant 1' coilovers for European market Jazz/GE8's and Tire Rack's website currently shows this part number (#102 50 026) as available for purchase for our USDM GE8's. I was advised by KW that this is not really correct, as KW USA hasn't tested this part number on US-market Fits and doesn't support/recommend/warranty that fitment... yet. They anticipate testing it on the US Fit in the rather near future, though (< 6 months, if not sooner), so that's potentially very good news if you're a KW coilover fan!

Cheers,

Basil

Old 01-23-2011, 12:36 AM
I assume that you are interested in FORM > FUNCTION since you're contemplating KW coils...if that's the case, maybe you should wait until a V2 kit comes out for the CRZ or just choose something offered for the CRZ? The CRZ shares virtually the same chassis as the Fit. The only significant difference I've found is the aluminum front LCAs...but the axles are identical, and all the shock bolts/nuts are the same so there shouldn't be any fitment issues.

If you want something capable on the track, then I would just search and see what the guys successfully tracking the CRZ are using. Just my 2 cents.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:00 AM
5 Year Member
too bad i think so far its only springs for the cr-z =[

i'm doing the same too..waiting for bilstein hd or koni sports ...

Old 01-23-2011, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blackndecker
I assume that you are interested in FORM > FUNCTION since you're contemplating KW coils...if that's the case, maybe you should wait until a V2 kit comes out for the CRZ or just choose something offered for the CRZ? The CRZ shares virtually the same chassis as the Fit. The only significant difference I've found is the aluminum front LCAs...but the axles are identical, and all the shock bolts/nuts are the same so there shouldn't be any fitment issues.

If you want something capable on the track, then I would just search and see what the guys successfully tracking the CRZ are using. Just my 2 cents.
kw's aren't functional?

i'd challenge you to find many more c/o's out there that have better valving than kw's... bilstein are right up there, but kw's are some of the best out there...

true that the springs are progressive, but i wouldn't say that these aren't capable on the track at all...

Old 01-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blackndecker
I assume that you are interested in FORM > FUNCTION since you're contemplating KW coils...
KW suspension is used in international races - if that's not functional, then what is?

edit: if you're saying he's into form>function since he wants a coilover system that's optimized for a different vehicle, then maybe. but the KW brand is respected and has real motorsports credibility.

Last edited by doctordoom; 01-23-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Whoops...LoL.

Yeah, that came out wrong. Meant function > form. The rest of the post was correct. KWs are great and the V2 should be a great upgrade for a track/auto-x set up.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry for the zombie post, but I really want some v2s on my GE lol.

KW's website still doesn't have a v2 setup for the GE, but it seems like you could just get v2s for the GD and bolt them right on with no modifications aside from the brake line and ABS wiring brackets, as detailed here.

I guess the GE dampers are shorter than the GD's, but if you're looking to go low it doesn't sound like an issue to me

Anyone else have experience with GD coilovers on the GE?

Old 06-01-2013, 01:45 AM
argg, this got me excited because i am searching for suspension options right now since my Spoon distributor refuses to stock anymore GE8 parts... i dont want to pay then wait months for it to arrive. i was set on Spoon, but now i am looking for something else.

are the KW V1's no good? i see they have those.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Huy Bui
argg, this got me excited because i am searching for suspension options right now since my Spoon distributor refuses to stock anymore GE8 parts... i dont want to pay then wait months for it to arrive. i was set on Spoon, but now i am looking for something else.

are the KW V1's no good? i see they have those.
I only know one person who ran v1's (not on a Fit) and he said they were just as good as any other entry level "street" coilover. I just want the v2's because if I'm getting coilovers I'd rather have more adjustability for a few extra bucks.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:07 PM
ah fair enough. i usually find myself using the softest setting on coilovers.