2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

progress springs installed, maddening problem tho! HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitboy-831
No I'm on TEIN S.TECH The drop is good but I'm not liking the annoying noise ....
Yeah the noise is unnerving. Makes me hate this car. I never, ever ever ever never never never had issues with my civics, crx's, etc. Everything I do or read about people doing to these mini minivans There's some sort of prob. Makes me want to drop it off at Honda with the keys and tell em keep it! I'll stick to my old schools.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
The variances in all these fits is simply annoying as well. They all seem to sit different from factory, they're mpg's are all over the place, the handlings different, somes ac is freezing while others are mediocre. I'm really starting to get a very tainted view of Honda and of this car. I've never gotten more than 27mpg in this 2011, yet my 09 averaged 35-40mpg. Ask Honda they basically shrug they're shoulders like they don't know. It's a Tad ridiculous.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Jango_Fit
Yeah the noise is unnerving. Makes me hate this car. I never, ever ever ever never never never had issues with my civics, crx's, etc. Everything I do or read about people doing to these mini minivans There's some sort of prob. Makes me want to drop it off at Honda with the keys and tell em keep it! I'll stick to my old schools.
Lol... I probably wait until my Shocks blows and go for coil over ....

Old 02-14-2013, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
That's my plan as of now. Screw springs! Lol I just figure save up and get full coils, and if that presents probs like these springs have, I'll probably get rid of the whole Damn car. Lol. Been fighting off my urges to get back in a 240sx anyways. Lol

Old 02-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by Jango_Fit
That's my plan as of now. Screw springs! Lol I just figure save up and get full coils, and if that presents probs like these springs have, I'll probably get rid of the whole Damn car. Lol. Been fighting off my urges to get back in a 240sx anyways. Lol
good plan good luck bro....

Old 02-14-2013, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
I'll bet you removed the front stabilizer link by not using a hex wrench on the side opposite to the bolt head... Order a new one and install it correctly....

Old 02-14-2013, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
Pm sent sir

Old 02-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Never had one issue with mine (S-Tech), no noise ever, installed in driveway.

In for weekend investigation pictures.

Something was installed wrong, i'm betting the spring wasn't seated right on the perch and it set itself.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah it may well be. I'm in no way blaming progress, they are a top notch company, it was something done wrong. The perch seating Sounds most logical sense it just stopped suddenly and hasn't returned.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
In for weekend investigation pictures.

Something was installed wrong, i'm betting the spring wasn't seated right on the perch and it set itself.
This is exactly my thoughts by the ops discription.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:50 PM

I can't possibly think of what the problem could be! It must be the manufacturer or Honda!!

The stupid is strong with this one.

It's a safe bet that when something "goes wrong" or is inconsistent with these cars.. the blame can be placed squarely on the owner.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
I had a long response here for u, but I decided not to waste my words on it. All I'll say is learn to read, then, mayyyyybe then comment when u know what You're talking about. Wow. Just Wow.

Last edited by Jango_Fit; 02-14-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:38 AM
I made the mistake of reading the whole thing, rest assured. So, I insist:

Old 02-15-2013, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
those clanking noises are usually from the sway bar end links not properly tightened or adjusted(aftermarket coilovers). The stock sway bar hits the subframe and it can get annoying. Springs only creak. Well if the sound is gone.....idk I'd still check around to be safe.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
I made the mistake of reading the whole thing, rest assured. So, I insist:
OK Lol u just redeemed urself. Ha. Sorry I was a bit frustrated during my initial response.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:29 AM
I installed the same Progress Springs on my 09. Thought I was the only one lol. They had a little popping sound whenever I went over speed bumps, but that went away within a few weeks. I used to have a slammed 91' Miata, so I know how you feel when you wish the car was a little lower after the spring install. I must say that extra inch of lowering has improved handling, although its not too aesthetically noticeable. Perfect for a daily driver, and consistent cargo/passengers. Also, Im happy the drop was only 1.2'' in the front many times when I accidently parked over parking space guards.

Here is a pic of my drop on the Progress Sport Springs:

Last edited by SBFT09; 05-29-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:57 AM
I've got a squeaking/creaking noise on my tien s tech springs, I've taken off the wheel and tightened the bolts but the noise is still there, not sure what it is but going to do a fully check soon.

One question, what happens if you don't cut the sponge in the shocks? I helped my friend lowered his car and forgot to cut the sponges. Is there any down sides to it? Or is it ohk?

Old 05-29-2013, 05:11 AM
Not sure if I had the same problem, but just want to share and hope this will help. Mine was making a really annoying noise for a couple months after I installed it. It wasn't too loud, but it's definitely enough to annoy you. I checked everything, tighten every single bolt I could find, and same noise.

I finally found out that the noise came from the sway bar bolt. Hold the screw with hex key, and tighten it, and the noise was gone. It was barely turning, I mean, if anything, the torque was probably off by 5 ft/lbs. I'm sure you have checked this, but try to tighten it all the way.

I'm on Tein Street Basis coilovers by the way.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by onetwothree
One question, what happens if you don't cut the sponge in the shocks? I helped my friend lowered his car and forgot to cut the sponges. Is there any down sides to it? Or is it ohk?
What car? What springs? What shocks? Usually a mild drop less than 2" doesn't require cutting bump stops.

As far as the creaking i'd check to make sure all the rubber insulators are installed right and the springs are seated properly in the perches. When does the creaking happen? All the time or going up driveways and weird angles?

Old 05-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
What car? What springs? What shocks? Usually a mild drop less than 2" doesn't require cutting bump stops.

As far as the creaking i'd check to make sure all the rubber insulators are installed right and the springs are seated properly in the perches. When does the creaking happen? All the time or going up driveways and weird angles?
Friends car is a honda civic seventh gen, honda ES1 or something, running stock shocks with megan lowering springs, no problems atm but we will see.

The noise happens when im on bumpish roads and sometimes even driving normally, ill go a full check this weekend and see if there are any loose bolts or rubber insulaters etc. thanks!