2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Which one to buy?

Old 11-21-2014, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
Which one to buy?

I'm torn between getting a J's floor bar and the progress rear sway bar. Both are on my list of parts to buy, but given the season, I'll likely only get to purchase one or the other before spring.

I like the idea of the floor bar because I can likely install it without the need to wait for spring, and I get to put one more J's part on my car. On the other hand, the sway bar will do more for handling.

The other thing to consider is whether either company would discontinue either one in the next 6-8 months.

So which would you buy?

Old 12-19-2014, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spryter
I'm torn between getting a J's floor bar and the progress rear sway bar. Both are on my list of parts to buy, but given the season, I'll likely only get to purchase one or the other before spring.

I like the idea of the floor bar because I can likely install it without the need to wait for spring, and I get to put one more J's part on my car. On the other hand, the sway bar will do more for handling.

The other thing to consider is whether either company would discontinue either one in the next 6-8 months.

So which would you buy?
It really depends on the type of driving you do and your intent with the car. Are you planning on any type of HPD with the fit? If you have cold/snowy conditions in your area, would the stiffer rear (due to Progress RSB) be more of a hindrance? You already have an integrated factory RSB, would you remove that one en lieu of the new progress?

Old 12-19-2014, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
Mine is the LX Fit, so no integrated sway bar. Hence the progress unit. I don't do any track days since I don't have a track nearby, but I like to drive, and drive hard sometimes, so I think it would be a nice addition.

The J's bar would be a nice simple upgrade, and its something I could do before spring comes to satisfy my need to modify my car over winter.

Kinda leaning toward the J's bar at this point, since its actually a little cheaper.

Old 12-20-2014, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spryter
Mine is the LX Fit, so no integrated sway bar. Hence the progress unit. I don't do any track days since I don't have a track nearby, but I like to drive, and drive hard sometimes, so I think it would be a nice addition.

The J's bar would be a nice simple upgrade, and its something I could do before spring comes to satisfy my need to modify my car over winter.

Kinda leaning toward the J's bar at this point, since its actually a little cheaper.
I see, we only have the regular Fit and Fit Sport here in SoCal and i think both come with the factory RSB. To be honest, not to discredit J's Racing in any way since i have their parts too, but the Prgressive RSB would make a WAAAY bigger difference in performance and worth you time and money while the J's panhard bar is more supplemental. I've seen quite a few used Progressive RSB go for pretty cheap on here also btw!

Old 12-22-2014, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
I'm more afraid with the platform now discontinued by Honda (i.e. the GE no longer being sold, and the new GK being out), that manufacturers in the aftermarket are going to cut down the items they make for our GEs. Slow sellers for previous generation models sometimes get cut in a hurry, so I want to buy the one that may not stick around.

Or maybe I'm just being a little consumer paranoid?