2nd Generation GE8 Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the second generation Honda Fit (GE8)

wheel guidance

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 09:52 PM
wheel guidance

OK,
So I read through a number of threads about wheel sizing, back spacing, and tire size. I am actually more confused at this point since it seems like depending on what year, suspension, setup, and camber.....all of which I understand can heavily influence what does and does not fit. I have an 05 sti that has 255's on 17x9 wheels, so I am not new to fitting large wheels on a vehicle.

Since this is my daily driver, I am not looking to go crazy with camber, but after trolling through threads, I think I want to do the following:

TANABE NF210 SERIES LOWERING SPRINGS ..I like the ideal of a 1" drop in front, and a 1.5" drop in the rear....how is this going to effect my struts? On my sti, springs blew them out quickly...so I may wait on the springs...but keeping them in mind, I want these wheels!
Drag Wheels. Extreme Alloys. | DR-16 (RED, GUN METAL, GLOSS BLACK)
I like the 16" ones in black...I think they would look HOT on a 09 silver fit.

Now, that being said, if I was to go in on teh wheels, it seems like many people say that a 40mm offset does NOT work without rubbing, but I have pics of cars that seems to be running this size setup with no issues.

Guide this new to Honda guy so I can get my fit looking different that all the other ones on the road around me. Damn, this is a long first post.

Oh, and if you have recommended tire size to go with this size wheel setup, and possible spring..let me know. My goal is to not increase the weight on each corner, it would be even better to get lighter. I dont like stretching tires either it I can at all avoid it. If cash was no object, rpf1's would be going on, but I havent spent that much on my sti wheels, so the fit isnt going to get that kind of shoe before my track car.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance and opinions.

Oh, linky to some pics of my sti a few years ago
255/40/17's on Subie - a set on Flickr

Last edited by scrmblr2; 08-29-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
youll be fine with a 40 offset without lowering, no problem, you may need to roll and or pull if you lower in the future, otherwise stick with something like a 45 offset and you should be near golden. ive had both +40 and now +42 with 7" width and im fine at stock height.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:17 AM
I say keep the +40. Lower it more than the nf. Go df at least. Roll front and rear fenders. Cut tabs in rear. This will be gorgeous. But in your listed setup you may rub on the rear tab only. Front inner liner maybe. Just roll um all and your good. You wil not be happy with +45. To sunk in.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:03 PM
7wide +40 is perfect for the ge8. 10-15mm of spacing in the rear is all you need.

205/45/16 will not rub if you are lowered 1-1.25 inches, only if you go lower. You can get away with not pulling/rolling if you are just on springs

Sandblasted has these same wheels, and mine are identical as well, just a different brand.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:09 PM
thanks

Cool...I was thinking I would be ok at stock rideheight....not exactly sure on the drop yet...but is a small drop will probably be ok...that is cool for me....still gonna be drivin this year roound as my daily up near chicago...so a little lower will look nice, but still wanna be able to get through snow...which is what I plan on doin with the stock wheell...snow tire duty

Old 08-31-2011, 01:35 AM
Whether or not you lower, grab some Blizzaks and you'll be golden in the winter.