2nd Generation GE8 Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the second generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Lowered on Tein S Tech need alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 10:09 PM
Lowered on Tein S Tech need alignment?

OK so i installed Tein S Techs on my fit and was wondering if I might need a front end Alignment… If I do, do I also need to buy camber bolts before I get it done? The only reason I am asking is because when i installed the springs the tires seemed to get louder and did not feel right. I am not sure if it is the type of tire which i know are cheap because it was a wheel/tire deal but still not sure if I should get the alignment done.

Right now I am on the Stock Steelies for winter but this weekend I will be getting the 17s back on with a new Tire Bridgestone Potenza RE760s.

I have 17x7 wheels with offset of 42. Tires are 205/40 R17s if this helps.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:33 AM
You may or may not, it depends how everything got put back together. It's best to check though, you may not need it at all or it's close enough, or toe could be way too far out and you need to address it.

I have about 65k on my S Techs and still haven't aligned it. All tires i've run have lasted the advertised mileage or more. Car tracks straight and turns how I want it to, so that's good enough for me. I am not easy on my tires either fwiw.

I have camber bolts so just waiting to put those in to align it. But now i'm thinking about changing shocks, so, more procrastination

You don't NEED camber bolts. They are good for performance and fitting wheels, but you don't absolutely need them. I don't have them on right now.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
You may or may not, it depends how everything got put back together. It's best to check though, you may not need it at all or it's close enough, or toe could be way too far out and you need to address it.

I have about 65k on my S Techs and still haven't aligned it. All tires i've run have lasted the advertised mileage or more. Car tracks straight and turns how I want it to, so that's good enough for me. I am not easy on my tires either fwiw.

I have camber bolts so just waiting to put those in to align it. But now i'm thinking about changing shocks, so, more procrastination

You don't NEED camber bolts. They are good for performance and fitting wheels, but you don't absolutely need them. I don't have them on right now.
Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad to hear that I may not necessarily need the alignment. What size wheels and tires are you running, if you don't mind me asking?

Old 02-26-2014, 11:41 PM
15 x 6.5 +40

205/55/15

Same diameter as stock. Minor rubbing without camber bolts on SERIOUS turns, like full load, usually only when I hit bumps mid-turn.