2nd Generation GE8 Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the second generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Mini R90 rims

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
Mini R90 rims

So I'm thinking of grabbing some used Mini R90 rims for the fit.. i realize there quite heavy compared to stock even but i like the look and there fairly cheap..

Here they are on Inkster's car:
Name:  0M0tiWj.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  503 Bytes

I've never ran aftermarket rims / other car rims before..

the tire size is 205/45/17 run flats (offset 48).. which says the speedometer will be 1% off.. I'm stock height so Im not worried about rubbing.. will 17's look odd on a non lowered fit? also is the center bore on these rims a perfect match to the stock ones? i like keeping it so it mounts up perfectly

If in the future I change to Swift Springs will there be issues of rubbing?

Also, the lug nuts are different for a Mini from what I've read.. is mounting these rims just a matter of buying different lug nuts (what kind??).. I don't want to worry about extended studs or any of that stuff

thanks

Last edited by g95pteg; 07-02-2015 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
You'll get rubbing in the front if you lower the car. Another user here who lowered his with the same wheels had rubbing issues without camber bolts. Setting the camber to -3 degrees fixes it or alternatively cutting the inner wheel well plastic liner helps.
I've been running McGard Splinedrive cone seated lug nuts for years without a problem.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
Great thanks for the reply.. Pretty much made the deal to buy them.. Dude bailed on meeting me This weekend so waiting for him to be available again to pick them up

How much lowered is your car ( and the other user on here)? Is it Blackup's GE.. He was on pro kits

I thought with the swift drop it wouldn't rub but can look into the camber kit when I get to that point

Thanks for the info about the lug nuts.. Will look into them.. From what I can tell tuner lugs would also work if I wanted to go with a color

Old 07-05-2015, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Yep, I lowered on Eibach prokit with R90 no camber kit, and no rubbing:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ss-thread.html

And yeah they look a little awkward without a drop hahaha

Old 07-05-2015, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
lapierre4 is the other owner whose lowered on Tein S-Techs (-1.4 in front and -1.6 in the back) with rubbing problem.
My coilovers are fully dropped. I never measured or find out how they go so I can't say.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlackUp
Yep, I lowered on Eibach prokit with R90 no camber kit, and no rubbing:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ss-thread.html

And yeah they look a little awkward without a drop hahaha
That's good to hear.. Your drop on pro kits is the lowest I would want to go and looks perfect to me.. had pro kits on my integra with koni yellows... so may look into pro kit / koni orange for the fit (or swifts)

Originally Posted by inkster
lapierre4 is the other owner whose lowered on Tein S-Techs (-1.4 in front and -1.6 in the back) with rubbing problem.
My coilovers are fully dropped. I never measured or find out how they go so I can't say.
yeah your car looks lot lower than I could go.. I'd love to go that low but for winter driving in Toronto don't want to drop it to low

Old 07-06-2015, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by g95pteg
Your drop on pro kits is the lowest I would want to go and looks perfect to me..
I was reasonably happy with the pro-kit springs. They were slightly harsh with the stock shocks but beggars can't be choosers. I actually had a set of Redshift Koni ground control coilovers on order but ended up selling the car and cancelling before they got any in stock.

The R90 look pretty decent on the Fit, but you are right.... they are a bit heavy.

Also, I did not like the run-flats at all. They were very old, so maybe I would like newer/softer run-flats more but man were they stiff! They were still pretty sticky but not worth running at all due to the weight/stiffness.

I would very highly recommend the 205/40 BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 though! Awesome tires!

Old 07-06-2015, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info.. Pro kits on the integra were similar but I didn't mind the harsher ride.. Never had run flat tires either.. Didn't realize they were stiff/heavier

Just waiting for the guy to get back to me who's selling them... Really hoping he isn't backing out

Old 07-10-2015, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
Make sure to check the classifieds forum over at MINI COOPER :: North American Motoring if you haven't already. You might have to register and sign in to see it. That's how I found mine.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I have been checking there and on kijiji.. Found a guy but he flaked.. We had a deal .. Supposed to meet and he backed out.. Then never contacted me back again.. Was a good deal but the lips were a bit beaten up

I'll keep looking...

Old 07-10-2015, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
I couldn't find a used set for months and wound up buying new from dealer down in the states.

Old 07-11-2015, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
How much were they brand new? Don't think I'd buy them brand new.. Unless it was on a deal..

The kijiji guy said he's keeping the rims for winter rims.. So the hunt continues.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
I just remember costing a few hundred per wheel, less than a BBS RG-R.