3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

ECU mod ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 10:38 AM
ECU mod ?

Hello there,

Am new to the forum so apologies if I am posting this is a wrong place.

So I have a GP5 FIT Hybrid JDM model.

I was looking at a ECU mod and came across this.

http://www.honda.co.jp/VEZEL/webcata..._spec_list.pdf

http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit/webcatalo..._spec_list.pdf

The Honda Vezel and Fit share the same engine and gear box. But the Vezel puts out 97Kw where as the Fit pumps out 81Kw. This is a significant power increase.

So my question is, if I was to re-flash my ECU with a Vezel map would I be able to pump 97Kw ? Or is there something better out there that has no bugs/glitches ?.

Cheers

Old 05-04-2015, 10:15 AM
Is this on the wrong thread ?

Old 05-05-2015, 07:19 AM
I think it is in the correct place, but maybe the reason why no one has commented yet is because they don't know or they think the question is dumb. I'll admit that I don't know the answer to your question, but I don't think that what you want to do will work. That is like saying I have a 4-cylinder Accord so I should be able to flash a map from a 6-cylinder Accord and I should have an extra 100hp. Or I have a Civic LX and if I flash a map from a Civic Si I shoulf have like 60hp more. It doesn't work like that as far as I know. Flashing maps meant for other vehicles, if possible, could be disasterous.

Edit: correcting typo

Old 05-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Cool, ill move it. Both engines and gear boxes are identical, thats why I think its possible. One just has more power than the other when used in a different car.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:44 PM
I'm not familiar with the new JDM models so I did some digging around.

It does look like the Vezel and Hybrid Fit (GP) share the same engine and transmission. I'm not sure what's different between them to make such a discrepancy in power, but I think it's worth it for you OP to do some research on the matter. I don't think it's likely there are many posters here who know the difference at this point, since the cars are so new.

I think the days of old where you can just swap the ECU are over though, it controls so many more things than just the engine.

I am curious to know what the difference between the GP Fit and Vezel are just because i'm a curious person, so if you find out, please post it.

Good luck.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sash
Hello there,

The Honda Vezel and Fit share the same engine and gear box. But the Vezel puts out 97Kw where as the Fit pumps out 81Kw. This is a significant power increase.

So my question is, if I was to re-flash my ECU with a Vezel map would I be able to pump 97Kw ? Or is there something better out there that has no bugs/glitches ?.

Cheers
not likely; the advantage of the Vezel over the Fit is the difference in emission limits allowed. A power gain of 16 kW from 81 is due far more to camshaft profiles than ECU programming.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:26 AM
5 Year Member
Hello there,

Cheers

Wish I could read the document in its native language. If I'm seeing this right, aren't the compression ratios different? 11.5 vs 13.5?

I'm thinking that is your answer.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:43 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
if you look at the fit information chart and look at the power output on the RS section it says 97kw. This is all power listed under the L15B engine statistics.

The RS also shows running 11.5:1 compression.

A quick search of the LEB engine yields different results as to weather this is a sohc or dohc engine.

However I do agree that this much of a power difference is linked with the cam perhaps having a 3 stage vtec rather than the traditional high cam.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:16 AM
This might help, google translate should do the trick.

ƒXƒyƒbƒNE‘å‚«‚³ | ƒ”ƒFƒ[ƒ‹ | Honda

ƒXƒyƒbƒNE‘å‚«‚³ | «”\ | ƒtƒBƒbƒg | Honda

So the Vezel is a cross over suv sorts thing. The RS uses the different engine (L15B) as pointed out above which I think is a SOHC where as the Vezel and the Fit uses LEB.

What am after is to see if this power gain is transferable to the FIT ?. Would you think its possible, do you guys think its a software difference or a hardware difference that causes this ?

Also the compression ratios are different, but shouldn't higher compression result in more power ?

Last edited by sash; 05-08-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:46 AM
The Vezel is also called the HR-V in the US.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:24 AM
Lightbulb

As already pointed out by Myxalplycs,CR is 13.5:1 in GP5 and 11.5 in Vezzel.
interesting thing. its not that you can swap vezel ecu into your gp5?
but ecu reflashes will never be made for your model as there is no investment in that for companies as people who buy hybrid are already fuel saving oriented people so they dont want power.
Ktuner,hondata etc etc dont hope that at some point they will support it, because GP5 is not even in USA.
If you want power that bad and are a risky person like me,import vezel ecu and cams.fit into your and go ahead
As your engine is already higher compression so turbo or supercharging it is also out of question.
If you are not risky person , sell your GP5 and buy a GP4. its has CRZ engine and so aftermarket support is huge.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:17 AM
Yeah it makes more sense to buy a different car then to burn out cash in getting a ECU and cams to squeeze more power out of this. But do you really think that the two engines between the FIT and Vezel are different ? if it has the same engine code shouldn't it be the same ?

Old 08-26-2015, 02:28 PM
Post Honda Trick

Yeah it makes more sense to buy a different car then to burn out cash in getting a ECU and cams to squeeze more power out of this. But do you really think that the two engines between the FIT and Vezel are different ? if it has the same engine code shouldn't it be the same ?
actually three cars share new sport i-DCT engine
Honda Vezel
Honda Fit Gp5
Honda grace hybrid
Honda did some thing to GP5 and reduced its power despite increase in compression ratio.it is rated at 35km/L(98mpg!) and Vezel at 27km/L(76mpg). You see they leaned it out at 13.5:1 CR,more air less fuel,do you get it? thats the trick GP5 have more MPG. they wanted to beat Toyota at their own game of hybrid,so they did.
More power needs more fuel,so i think they restricted power some how in GP5.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:42 AM
Yeah I figured as much when I saw the the CR, this is the exact reason why I think a simple ECU swap should do the trick. Btw where are you from ? Sri Lanka by any chance ?

Old 08-27-2015, 11:46 PM
Yeah I figured as much when I saw the the CR, this is the exact reason why I think a simple ECU swap should do the trick. Btw where are you from ? Sri Lanka by any chance ?
locations are listed on Rt top side of every member.BTW i am from Pakistan,your neighbour country

Old 08-28-2015, 10:47 PM
Ohhh yeah, cool. Unless I bolt on a vezel engine ECU I dont think am going to get any where. Sigh.

Old 08-29-2015, 03:25 AM
Ohhh yeah, cool. Unless I bolt on a vezel engine ECU I dont think am going to get any where. Sigh.
does GP5 feel like it has less power?

Old 08-30-2015, 01:31 AM
Well not really, it feels really snappy when the battery is charged enough to kick the motor in full gear. The engine is just 81kw which isnt that great. So when its just the engine pulling it feels under powered.