3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

HKS Silent Hi Power - with video

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 12:10 PM
HKS Silent Hi Power - with video

Well, after anger posting earlier this week about how my new exhaust had a bad weld which chewed up one of my bolts. I was able to repair it by re-tapping the nut and then running the bolt through a die. Also, I had kinda felt like I had been left high and dry by Kamispeed and HKSUSA, but Kamispeed reached out to me and offered to talk to HKSUSA for me, so I'm feeling a little better about that also.

With that said, I was able to get everything installed and drove about 200 miles yesterday, and everything from open interstate to heavy city traffic.

The exhaust sounds really good. I have the CVT. At interstate speeds 65-70 mph, you can hardly tell it's there at all until you accelerate or climb a hill. In fact, I was hard pressed to hear it at all above the normal road noise you get at that speed. In city traffic how loud it is in the car depends on your driving habits, if you punch it off the line every chance you get then yes, it does kind of drone. If you drive a with a little more restraint, it doesn't drone much at all. I usually have my volume around 21-22 on the factory stereo, and it pretty much drowned out the exhaust totally unless I really punched it.

What you hear in the cabin is the a low rumble that increases and decreases in volume based on how hard you have the pedal mashed down. What you hear outside the car is a blissful roar. Here is the video:

https://vimeo.com/130626660

I used a high quality phantom powered condenser mic for the audio, so you can really hear the whole the spectrum of sound if your playing it through nice speakers or headphones. The low end rumble is what you hear in the cabin, the higher end roar is what dominates the sound outside the car. I didn't even realize it had that nice satisfying roar to it until I watched the video.

Note: I was hitting a rev limiter at 4000 rpm. I should've switched it neutral and tried it, but I didn't think about that until after the fact. So what you see is revving up to 4000 rpm, not 6800 (or whatever the redline is).

Edit: if anyone knows how to embed a video let me know.

Last edited by BigJoeTX; 06-13-2015 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BigJoeTX
Well, after anger posting earlier this week about how my new exhaust had a bad weld which chewed up one of my bolts. I was able to repair it by re-tapping the nut and then running the bolt through a die. Also, I had kinda felt like I had been left high and dry by Kamispeed and HKSUSA, but Kamispeed reached out to me and offered to talk to HKSUSA for me, so I'm feeling a little better about that also.

With that said, I was able to get everything installed and drove about 200 miles yesterday, and everything from open interstate to heavy city traffic.

The exhaust sounds really good. I have the CVT. At interstate speeds 65-70 mph, you can hardly tell it's there at all until you accelerate or climb a hill. In fact, I was hard pressed to hear it at all above the normal road noise you get at that speed. In city traffic how loud it is in the car depends on your driving habits, if you punch it off the line every chance you get then yes, it does kind of drone. If you drive a with a little more restraint, it doesn't drone much at all. I usually have my volume around 21-22 on the factory stereo, and it pretty much drowned out the exhaust totally unless I really punched it.

What you hear in the cabin is the a low rumble that increases and decreases in volume based on how hard you have the pedal mashed down. What you hear outside the car is a blissful roar. Here is the video:

https://vimeo.com/130626660

I used a high quality phantom powered condenser mic for the audio, so you can really hear the whole the spectrum of sound if your playing it through nice speakers or headphones. The low end rumble is what you hear in the cabin, the higher end roar is what dominates the sound outside the car. I didn't even realize it had that nice satisfying roar to it until I watched the video.

Note: I was hitting a rev limiter at 4000 rpm. I should've switched it neutral and tried it, but I didn't think about that until after the fact. So what you see is revving up to 4000 rpm, not 6800 (or whatever the redline is).

Edit: if anyone knows how to embed a video let me know.
Awesome. Thanks for the video and review. I'm glad I chose this one as well.

Can't wait for mine to arrive and get it on. Speaking of which, with the exception of the bolt issue, how long did it take you to install?

Thanks again.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:07 PM
The first time, about an hour, but that was with fighting the rubber hangers for about 15 minutes (spray them with some WD40, i just didn't have any), and then wondering "why the fuck isn't this bolt going in?" for about 15 minutes.

The second time, about 20 minutes. Easy job.

Old 06-14-2015, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
Another thanks for posting the video - very helpful to hear (and see) this installed and running.

es