3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

looks like Kenny is the first with projectors!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 07:07 PM
looks like Kenny is the first with projectors!

So TRS messaged me and it seems Kenny has his Fit retrofitted with the d2s 3.0s!

So there you have it folks. Kenny is the first US spec GK to get them retrofitted.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...l=1#post740028

Old 09-15-2014, 07:37 PM
Sweet!! Congrats to Kenny. Wish list item for sure....

Old 09-15-2014, 08:10 PM
Spaghetina would love to have those I'm sure. ;-)

Old 09-16-2014, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
Very nice Kenny id love to have a set for my car. Makes the car look so much more aggressive.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
wow, those look amazing! anyone know how much it costs from Lightwerkz to get done? they are local to me. and how long it would take?

Old 09-16-2014, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by TofuShop
wow, those look amazing! anyone know how much it costs from Lightwerkz to get done? they are local to me. and how long it would take?
I checked their site. It would cost between $300-1000 for the manual labor excluding costs of the retrofit kit and hid ballast bulbs.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator
hells yeah Kenny! Took my advice! this guy is the man!

Old 09-16-2014, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by noripwr
I checked their site. It would cost between $300-1000 for the manual labor excluding costs of the retrofit kit and hid ballast bulbs.

yep $1k is the quote they gave me a while back. after this cut i got from my dremel, i think next retrofit i do will be done professionally.

Old 09-17-2014, 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
yep $1k is the quote they gave me a while back. after this cut i got from my dremel, i think next retrofit i do will be done professionally.
You got cut from your dremel? Ouch. I usually set mine to low and when I feel adventurous I put it at a higher speed.

Retrofitting is fun and I want to put in the d2s 3.0 projectors with the panasquare shrouds. Can't figure out if I want to use square led halos or the xb led strip for the DRLs, and can't figure out how i want to wire them too. Unfortunately, atm I have no access to a garage or oven to get this project started.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator
You got cut from your dremel? Ouch. I usually set mine to low and when I feel adventurous I put it at a higher speed.

Retrofitting is fun and I want to put in the d2s 3.0 projectors with the panasquare shrouds. Can't figure out if I want to use square led halos or the xb led strip for the DRLs, and can't figure out how i want to wire them too. Unfortunately, atm I have no access to a garage or oven to get this project started.
yeah dremel. i was rushing so my fault completely. the worst part is i cut too much, so i have too much light leakage up top so ill have to redo this weekend. don't need an oven. i use a heat gun to open my headlights. works pretty good. unfortunately they haven't released the square led halos yet. u better wait if u wanna go that option. or better don't. too many failure rates on the leds and ull end up redoing. mines are still holding up after 2 months, but God knows how they will be after 6 months. Lightwerkz already condemned using the xB halos.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
yeah dremel. i was rushing so my fault completely. the worst part is i cut too much, so i have too much light leakage up top so ill have to redo this weekend. don't need an oven. i use a heat gun to open my headlights. works pretty good. unfortunately they haven't released the square led halos yet. u better wait if u wanna go that option. or better don't. too many failure rates on the leds and ull end up redoing. mines are still holding up after 2 months, but God knows how they will be after 6 months. Lightwerkz already condemned using the xB halos.

Yea these retros can't be rushed but accidental cuts can always be fixed in some DIY way. Heck I fixed my broken bumper clips plasti welding them back. I don't have a heat gun and not sure if I wanna get one, since I got a portable pocket butane blow torch (its not efficient enough and time consuming for retro work), and the fact I'd need to find an outlet somewhere outside now that I don't have a garage.

I saw that they have square halos already out, but I also read about them failing and the phosphors not holding up after the reheat putting the lenses back on. Also they're not too bright apparently ? Ive thought of mounting their LED kit (not the xb strip) by the fog light housing for DRLs, but it looks too much like an after thought and not OEM-ish.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:57 AM
oh wow i jusr saw this thread haha and yup i took your advise bro thanks!!

Old 09-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by kennyv007
oh wow i jusr saw this thread haha and yup i took your advise bro thanks!!
Hey we need some updates on your Fit bro!

Old 09-23-2014, 12:29 PM
Hey we need some updates on your Fit bro!
haha yeah bro i know, ive been holding out due to the fact that the other 5 builders are on here and im trying to surprise the world!! and for the record im the first one to turbocharge a gk not bisimoto but since we'll both be debuting together i guess it is what it is lol, and im running the car on 5lbs since i have no time to wire up an aem and hondata doesnt offer anything just yet!! car goes to paint next friday so looking good so far!! ill post pics in my build thread soon but will be selective, hope you guys understand!!! oh and since i posted the headlights about a month ago on my social media sites one of the othe builders decided to also do retros so i guess theres 2 usdm fits with retros now!!!

Old 09-23-2014, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by kennyv007
haha yeah bro i know, ive been holding out due to the fact that the other 5 builders are on here and im trying to surprise the world!! and for the record im the first one to turbocharge a gk not bisimoto but since we'll both be debuting together i guess it is what it is lol, and im running the car on 5lbs since i have no time to wire up an aem and hondata doesnt offer anything just yet!! car goes to paint next friday so looking good so far!! ill post pics in my build thread soon but will be selective, hope you guys understand!!! oh and since i posted the headlights about a month ago on my social media sites one of the othe builders decided to also do retros so i guess theres 2 usdm fits with retros now!!!

Word. You're still the first with retros homie. Its on record.

Old 09-23-2014, 03:06 PM
Word. You're still the first with retros homie. Its on record.
thanks bro