3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Intro-Tech Sun Shade With Sensor Cutout

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 02:18 PM
Intro-Tech Sun Shade With Sensor Cutout

Hello all, happy Thanksgiving! I just wanted to talk about my experience with the Intro-Tech sun shades for anyone who is considering a sun shade for their Fit EX with the sensor on the windshield. I ordered this product from autoanything.com:

Intro-Tech Automotive Ultimate Reflector Car Sun Shade
2018 Honda Fit
(With sensor)

While the sun shade fit the car perfectly, the cutout for the sensor is HUGE - way more than necessary to fit around the sensor. I immediately returned it and had it exchanged (at no cost) for the "Without sensor" version (unfortunately didn't take any pictures before returning).
I'm happy to report that the "Without sensor" version does fit very well behind the sensor! So if you have a Fit w/sensing and are considering this sun shade, this is what you should know:
Both of them fit pretty damn good, but the "with sensor" version has a huge cutout that really detracts from the privacy aspect of the sun shade. On the other hand, the "without sensor" version isn't as flush with the windshield due to the sensor being in the way. However as someone who values not only the heat reflection but also the privacy of a sun shade, I definitely prefer the "without sensor" version.
Hope someone out there finds this helpful.

Old 09-26-2022, 06:55 AM
This is not the last criterion for choosing, and here's why. Moisture, in any case, should not accumulate under the car cover. Otherwise, in the summer, it may lead to rust, and in winter - to icing of the cover that, in turn, will lead to the tent in uselessness and much faster operational life. Choosing a quality awning for the car, be sure to pay attention to whether its material allows air circulation. The cover must "breathe," and it is really important.Try to look for analogs at https://snapshades.com.au/car-sun-pr...n-for-infants/ . There is a much better choice.