3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Audiocontrol LCQ-1

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
Audiocontrol LCQ-1

I was installing a system into my 2015 EX-L and have ran into some problems and was wondering if anybody had ideas...
Here is the equipment I have installed (some old stuff from old systems I still had, others new)

1) MB Quart Reference components (RVF 216)6.5" for the front door includes tweeters in the dash. (Recycling from an old system)

2) Polk DB651 6.5" coaxials for the rear doors (new)

3) Clarion 12" sub (forgot the model but from an old system) 500W RMS, 1000W peak

4) Kicker DX 600.5 5 channel amp - brand new

5) Audiocontrol LCQ-1 EQ and LOC - brand new

Initial setup - tapped rear speakers to the second channel of the LCQ-1, and got some good sound from the rears.

Adding fronts - leaving the rear as is (working) I added the tapped front speakers to the first channel of the LCQ-1, and I got very loud static, popping and just terrible sound. The audiocontrol Maximized LED would turn on and all sound would be gone.

The default configuration involved not summing the signal. I tried almost everything I could think of but now not only does the front unit still not work, but the rears no longer work either. I removed all inputs and outputs except the rears which worked fine, but I can't get them to work any longer. The maximized light on the unit is constantly on. I called audiocontrol and they gave additional troubleshooting tips, however I am at the point of giving up. I think either my amp is bad or the LCQ-1.

Unless anybody has a solution to the above dilemma, does anybody know if the rear speakers are full range on the EX-L?

I'm thinking of picking up an Audison unit as the LCQ-1 has frustrated me...

Old 11-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Hey,

I am a big fan of the JBL MS-8 as a sound processor and LOC. Have you tried a sound tester/AAA battery on the speaker inputs to see if you get movement in the cone? I understand that your rears are new and fronts are used but you never know, ive ran into weird stuff. Any chance something is gorunding out? Also have you tried just running wires real quick and testing the speakers on the stock radio to see if you get an output?

Old 11-03-2014, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by snipe99
Hey,

I am a big fan of the JBL MS-8 as a sound processor and LOC. Have you tried a sound tester/AAA battery on the speaker inputs to see if you get movement in the cone? I understand that your rears are new and fronts are used but you never know, ive ran into weird stuff. Any chance something is gorunding out? Also have you tried just running wires real quick and testing the speakers on the stock radio to see if you get an output?
When you say grounding out, do you mean if potentially the factory speaker harness is touching the body of the car or making contact with some other part of the body (ground)?

I'll try plugging the speakers into the factory harness bypassing the audiocontrol but you brought up a good point . I purchased metra speaker harnesses to tap into rather than tap factory wires. There is a possibility one of those terminals is making contact with the body in the door...

Old 11-04-2014, 01:19 AM
B4 doing anything different, keep the 1st front speaker dead and try the other front speaker and see what happens. If that one works clean, that's when u trouble shoot the other speaker. I last had LC7 in my 08 accord exl navi. im looking to do the same processor in my 2nd gen but im questioning how much eq'g is done on these. 'My accord had a 270watt external amp with a lot of eq'g. So I may just do a LOC. I personally don't hear much eq'g. I'm def following this thread.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by NoVAFit
When you say grounding out, do you mean if potentially the factory speaker harness is touching the body of the car or making contact with some other part of the body (ground)?

I'll try plugging the speakers into the factory harness bypassing the audiocontrol but you brought up a good point . I purchased metra speaker harnesses to tap into rather than tap factory wires. There is a possibility one of those terminals is making contact with the body in the door...

Yes something touching the body. it is just a thought but you never know. the reason i mentioned it is that the LCQ is showing max on the light output, that made me think of the kenwood radios which go into protect mode if a speaker blows or grounds out. different occurrence but same concept.