3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

LaneWatch Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
LaneWatch Alignment

I brought my car to the dealer today because the LaneWatch camera stopped working again (22 times now). The tech couldn't find a problem, but she "adjusted" the camera. Now it shows the side of the car past the front door handle, and the measurement lines are in my lane.

From what I've read, adjusting this is not an owner project, so I'll have to bring it in again, just to have them correct their mistake.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
If documented a new car could be in order..

Old 06-08-2016, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
If documented a new car could be in order..
But then I'd have to install the trailer hitch, extra 12v outlets, GPS wiring, under-dash lights, etc. Too much trouble! Maybe in five years they can give me a new one.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:40 AM
i believe honda does a calibration or re-learn if you will, which includes a road test to properly set the system.

also, this system is affected by road conditions such as rain, snow, or mud. also check the camera lenses and ensure they are clean.

good luck.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bad/Andy/gk
i believe honda does a calibration or re-learn if you will, which includes a road test to properly set the system.

also, this system is affected by road conditions such as rain, snow, or mud. also check the camera lenses and ensure they are clean.

good luck.
Mine was adjusted in the shop yesterday, using the shop's computer. It's set too far in.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
22 times on the same issue it ain't gonna get better.. The head unit is probably bad.. Do you disconnect the battery a lot? Is it losing some electronic setting?

Old 06-08-2016, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
22 times on the same issue it ain't gonna get better.. The head unit is probably bad.. Do you disconnect the battery a lot? Is it losing some electronic setting?
Yes, 22 times is a lot, and they keep assuring me that the expiration of the warranty will not affect service on this. If it's not broken, they can't fix it. I brought it to them - not working - in the afternoon a month ago, but they said they wouldn't be able to get to it for hours, and it would have been idling in the parking lot. Since they had no loaner available, I would have been sitting there, too. I was lucky they took it right away yesterday, but the tech said that it was working when she tried it. It had never before started working once it had stopped. It has always needed a restart.

I can't remember the last time I disconnected the battery, so that's not it. What worse is that she adjusted the camera so it's aimed too far in.

Old 06-09-2016, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
But then I'd have to install the trailer hitch, extra 12v outlets, GPS wiring, under-dash lights, etc. Too much trouble! Maybe in five years they can give me a new one.
Did your camera drama start before all these mods? That's a lot of extra electronics you've added there ...

Old 06-09-2016, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
Given the vast number of unhappy owners around the lane watch I'd be fine blaming Honda LOL

But with a documented intermittent problem, when the customer shows up, its not unreasonable to expect a tech to walk outside to at least look at the symptom , not just tell me to come back later. And hopefully the "covered after warrantee " is in writing because they are famous for forgetting those statements after the paper is closed..

Old 06-10-2016, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
Given the vast number of unhappy owners around the lane watch I'd be fine blaming Honda LOL

But with a documented intermittent problem, when the customer shows up, its not unreasonable to expect a tech to walk outside to at least look at the symptom , not just tell me to come back later. And hopefully the "covered after warrantee " is in writing because they are famous for forgetting those statements after the paper is closed..
The problem began two week so after i got he car. All the accessories run of form who circuit breaker panel said hat are connected S rectify the the ball to, say, then her not running off stock circuits.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
Without being able to see in person its tough to dig much.. just give best guesses on troubleshooting.

I always add a stand alone panel for my aftermarket stuff so I can rule it all out pulling 1 master fuse..

Nearly ever used car I've bought with aftermarket stereo has had the wiring butchered by the installer..

Good luck!