3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Remote start self install

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 04:35 PM
Remote start self install

I have a 2015 Fit EX- MT. anyone out there I stall their own ? I just ordered a compustar system- compatible with PTS MT fits. Also ordered bypass module and drone mobile to use iPhone to start car from anywhere. If nobody then I’ll post a how-to later. Total cost of parts is 220.00 plus extr wires and solider etc.

Old 01-29-2019, 01:59 PM
Did you ever post how your install went? I know there are like 80 steps in the instructions, but overall it doesn't seem too bad.

I'm also curious how the programming of the remote went (or how much it cost for the dealer to do it).

Old 01-29-2019, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by dmanbluesfreak
Did you ever post how your install went? I know there are like 80 steps in the instructions, but overall it doesn't seem too bad.

I'm also curious how the programming of the remote went (or how much it cost for the dealer to do it).
yeah... so, I purchased everything and got it all apart. Pretty straightforward. Had everything installed, pulled the module for programming and realized it was set up for 2012 Honda Accord with an automatic. Change the settings, rebooted and reinstalled with no dice. Despite what they say this kid does not work from MPC for the manual transmission Honda fit. Ended up pulling it out in going to Ziebart which is a local installer, He installed a remote start in my vehicle with all of the safety precautions and drone mobile. All for 450.00. I don’t use the remotes I only use the drone mobile attachment. How it works-

Pull your emergency brake two times before leaving the vehicle. You will hear a click.

exit the vehicle and upon closing the door it will shut off automatically and lock itself. It is now in reservation mode and can be remote started. If the vehicle is disturbed at all or moved the remote start will not work until preservation mode is reset. As of now I’ve had no issues with it and it works great! Love that I can start my car from anywhere in the world, it’s very useful for being at school in a far- away building or when you cannot see it. App shows current status as well.

Old 01-29-2019, 02:45 PM
Oh I totally missed the "MT" part of your original post. Still, good to know that it worked well for you. Might be a better alternative for my fiancee's CVT 2015 Fit EX-L than the OEM version, anyway. Thanks for responding!