3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

How to turn Traction Control (TCS+VSA) completely off on GK

Old 02-25-2019, 02:47 PM
How to turn Traction Control (TCS+VSA) completely off on GK

Hello, I'm strongly considering getting a GK fit, however to me, being able to completely disable traction control is highly important, as I want to be able to mess around in snowy parking lots, and potentially track/autocross it. After checking the manual for the GK online, I noticed when it says disable VSA it says that "traction control becomes less effective", vs in the GE fit manual it says "traction control will also be turned off". After further research it seems that the new civic's, except type R, say the same in their manuals. I found a video online saying how to completely disable traction control on a 10th gen civic:
(
). I was wondering if anybody has done this or could try this. I love everything about this car except this worries me. I'm looking at getting a manual if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Old 02-25-2019, 02:55 PM
I'd guess pulling the ABS fuse would kill it. Not sure how your car would react to that, maybe throw a hissy fit & give you codes to clear. Proceed at your own risk.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:27 PM
I do it every time I drive my GK.
Very similar to the procedure in the Civic X video you posted.

Procedure:
1. Turn car on
2. With e-brake disengaged, foot on brake, turn TCS OFF then ON
3. Take foot off brake, engage e-brake, turn TCS OFF then ON
4. With e-brake still engaged, foot on brake, turn TCS OFF.
5. Now your TCS light will be flashing at you.
6.???
7. Profit!

​​​​​​​The TCS light will be flashing the entire time you have it fully disengaged. In order to turn it off just hit the TCS button again, or it'll automatically turn off when you turn the car off.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by nisco View Post
I do it every time I drive my GK.
Very similar to the procedure in the Civic X video you posted.

Procedure:
1. Turn car on
2. With e-brake disengaged, foot on brake, turn TCS OFF then ON
3. Take foot off brake, engage e-brake, turn TCS OFF then ON
4. With e-brake still engaged, foot on brake, turn TCS OFF.
5. Now your TCS light will be flashing at you.
6.???
7. Profit!

The TCS light will be flashing the entire time you have it fully disengaged. In order to turn it off just hit the TCS button again, or it'll automatically turn off when you turn the car off.

Thanks man, I was concerned I'd have to settle for a second Gen fit, as being the sole driver of my car is very important to me. I'm looking into a Hondata ECU and whether that will be able to completely disable traction control permenantly while keeping ABS. I will post my findings here when I get them.

Old 02-25-2019, 10:14 PM
Hold down the VSA button. Hear a beep and see the symbol on the dash. They're off. ABS still works.

Old 02-25-2019, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Hold down the VSA button. Hear a beep and see the symbol on the dash. It's off. ABS still works.
Apparently that turns VSA off, and limits the functionality of TCS but TCS is still on.

Old 02-25-2019, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by maxjd View Post
Apparently that turns VSA off, and limits the functionality of TCS but TCS is still on.
That is correct.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:32 PM
My mind is blown!