3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Never again

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
Honda quality of the past had a silver medal (gold for Toyota) now it's no longer a case
The last set of genuine Honda pads for GD3 FIT are wider than newest rotors and are protruding into the rotor hat area (never detected until taken apart) -- (like Valuecraft cheap pads) Not only on my car but found the same thing on the junk yard -- not my fault (relief for me, because, funny, I am very picky about my work and want it to be perfect!)
If something breaks down, Honda will tell you it's because either you did not use genuine Honda air to pump your tires or you simply abused your car. Honda engineering and workmanship walks on the water.(especially after picking questionable vendor for airbags). Back in 1986 after Chernobyl nuclear disaster, Japanese Nuclear power plants were used as example of safety and reliability until 2011. Times change, so the values. Yugo and Tata will take over again!

Old 05-19-2019, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
Your experience with GE and Subaru is because those are companies that know their product is not perfect and they plan for some post-sale payoff to keep people happy.

Honda is new to the whole "we built it badly up front" game.

Sounds like you are the ideal Toyota customer. If you don't get a corolla or Prius next- I think you will be repeating this rant as many car companies are similar.

Old 05-19-2019, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
All cars are breaking down; the least amounts of complaints will be about these which are easy to troubleshoot and fast and cheap to repair. Nowadays all cars are made like a POS. Based on my (long ownership and repair) experience older models were build to last; 1979 Supra and 1987 Camry wagon began to leak water inside after 12 and 14 years (respectively) not after 3 years like GD3; a famous VTEC engine rattle at low mileage was never present on older cars (Prelude). Too much self-pride never was a good thing; it seems to ruin one of the greatest automaker companies of the past. I don't mind changing the spark plugs every 12,000 miles but not ready to see them to be blown out of the cylinder head due to incompetent threat cutting; I'll rather have no airbag than get killed by it; I can and will adjust the point gap in distributor and do mixture adjustment in carburetor instead of chasing mysterious electrical gremlins of poorly designed electrical systems. BTW properly tuned 1.2L 4 cylinder engine has lesser CO2 footprint than Tundra or Ridgeline typically used to haul one grossly overweight or mentally unstable occupant around. (I have a passion for small cars)
PS Fit can be a greatest car if someone could build it 40 years ago with quality in mind

Last edited by doctor J; 05-19-2019 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:12 AM
I got a reply from american honda via email to a written complaint re this a day or so ago.
Same basic message as the person on the phone- out of warranty? Nothing we can do for you.
No concern about the quality of the vehicle, owner satisfaction, reputation...
Anyone in the market for a recently repaired 3rd gen fit?
My next car, I'm looking for something that can be repaired with a hammer and a screwdriver-

Old 05-20-2019, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
I'm from the GE section but can certainly relate to the dissatisfaction after loosening plugs and failed struts around some 40+ k miles. Knowing how widespread the issue with plugs is was enough to lose faith for me, being such a risk for catastrophic failure.
But screwing around on this forum and talking to folks helped me realize.. I really like my car! She drives damn well. Not quite as fun as the old Del Sol, but at least my ass aint water-cooled anymore.

And with big issues now fairly well understood in regards to underlying cause, I find her reliable. Wherever I find a faulty component, I change the brand and pay special attention. Thanks to all the smarties in the fit community I'm never alone with my problems like I've been with other vehicles.
That beats the shoes off of starting over with a new platform in my book.

If anybody on here needs another brain but can't find one, send a PM, I'll share yer headache (even if you are driving an inferior generation )

Old 05-28-2019, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Nicktarantelli
I got a reply from american honda via email to a written complaint re this a day or so ago.
Same basic message as the person on the phone- out of warranty? Nothing we can do for you.
My next car, I'm looking for something that can be repaired with a hammer and a screwdriver-

So a 1970's honda?

Old 05-28-2019, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
It takes a lot of time to turn a big ship around. I encourage everyone here experiencing issues with injectors and starters just out of warranty to schedule sit-down meetings with the Honda district rep. Make the company toe the line directly to your face. Might not help in any individual situation, but it puts a face on what Honda is doing, and that's never a bad thing.

Old 05-28-2019, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
The car is out of warranty. They can't fix a car forever, the line needs to be drawn somewhere.

Old 05-28-2019, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
Sure, but injectors failing before warranty as well as shortly thereafter? If Honda had advertised "Injectors only good to 36K," do you think anyone would willingly sign up for a new GK5? If Honda wants to play hardball here, it's within their right...but it's also within our right to voice our displeasure with their manufacturing & QC protocols.

Old 05-28-2019, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bargainguy
Sure, but injectors failing before warranty as well as shortly thereafter? If Honda had advertised "Injectors only good to 36K," do you think anyone would willingly sign up for a new GK5? If Honda wants to play hardball here, it's within their right...but it's also within our right to voice our displeasure with their manufacturing & QC protocols.
Honda knew the injectors were bad, but they kept quiet about it, and most of the failures occurred after the warranty expired.

Old 05-28-2019, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Honda knew the injectors were bad, but they kept quiet about it, and most of the failures occurred after the warranty expired.
Is there some sort of article about faulty Honda fuel injectors? I would like to learn more.

Old 05-28-2019, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
1975 Celica? It has a carburetor, not injectors. However, good luck finding which diaphragm blew, causing no idle

Found it on the junkyard, listed as Corolla

Old 05-28-2019, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
Few more words: look on this distributor coil from 1989 Camry 2.0 Despite looking like this it was not misfiring.

Last edited by doctor J; 05-28-2019 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:34 PM
sjd
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by doctor J
All cars are breaking down; the least amounts of complaints will be about these which are easy to troubleshoot and fast and cheap to repair. Nowadays all cars are made like a POS.
That's because people want more features but don't want to pay any more. Look up the price of a 1990's Civic adjusted for inflation. A new Civic is the SAME price. Think of how much more it has in terms of content.

Good luck with that.