3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Progress Technology Looking for GK5 Fit for Development

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator
Progress Technology Looking for GK5 Fit for Development

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...pment-3339595/

Old 08-05-2019, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
I saw your post and I also curious what the update is for? Has anyone installed 62.1063 on a 2017+ Fit?

Old 08-05-2019, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
I saw your post and I also curious what the update is for? Has anyone installed 62.1063 on a 2017+ Fit?
My GK was a 2017 and I had the 62.1063. The 3G Fit was refreshed for the 2018 model year, so their post is a little confusing in my opinion. There weren't really any changes aside from the front/rear fascias and the exhaust for the Sport model.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
I have 17 Fit and the rear sway bar hit where the spare tire well is only happens if i have stuff in the back and hit some bumps. Their probably going to revise their sway bar? who knows

Old 08-07-2019, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by galaxy convoy
I have 17 Fit and the rear sway bar hit where the spare tire well is only happens if i have stuff in the back and hit some bumps. Their probably going to revise their sway bar? who knows
I had a 2017 Fit with the Progress bar as well and never had any issues, but I also never really carried anything heavy in the back. I also had the car on coilovers and lowered from stock height and still didn't have any issues with interference.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
The Progress rear sway does hit the undercarriage on medium to hard bumps on my 2018 Fit Sport manual. I am lowered on Swift springs.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
I have lowering springs, tried installing it while the car is on the lift and when its on the alignment rack no changes,

Old 08-07-2019, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator
Hmm, interesting...I installed my bar on jack stands, hand-tightened the bolts, and lowered the car before torquing the bolts to spec; I never had the bar make contact with the undercarriage.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
Pre-loading is important, idk why people skip that.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
Instruction didn't say it needs to be pre loaded when torquing things down. Anyways i tried torquing things down when its on the lift and on the ground didn't change anything

Old 08-08-2019, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Spyke
Pre-loading is important, idk why people skip that.
A fellow GK5 owner, at a car meet, reported his rear sway bar making noises and I asked if he had completely tightened the hardware while the car was up in the air to which he replied yes. He redid the bolts with the bar preloaded and reported no more noise.

Originally Posted by galaxy convoy
Instruction didn't say it needs to be pre loaded when torquing things down. Anyways i tried torquing things down when its on the lift and on the ground didn't change anything
General rule of thumb/good practice for suspension is to hand-tighten the hardware, preload the suspension, and then torque to spec. A friend and I were lazy while installing the coilovers on my GK and my front sway bar was binding because we tightened the bolts while the car was sitting like this:

I had to drive the car up on some ramps to mimic the suspension being loaded up and we loosened and retightened the bolts as depicted below:

Old 08-09-2019, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by freak4afit
The Progress rear sway does hit the undercarriage on medium to hard bumps on my 2018 Fit Sport manual. I am lowered on Swift springs.
i have the progress bar on my '19 , stock height , have never had any issues with it . my only concern when i installed it was , how long will these welded tabs last ? , other than
that , i'm not sure how the bar can hit anything under the car , it basically runs parallel to the twist beam

Old 08-10-2019, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
A wee bit late to the party but I had relayed to @USDM the GK5's rear beam hasn't changed as of yet. The only somewhat "difference" in beam design is that Sport and higher trim levels throughout GK5 production have a slightly stiffer/reinforced beam (like the GE8 Sport did) and the Base (or LX as Honda now calls it) does not. perch locations and designs are identical still from what I recall seeing.

In regards to the rear bar making contact with the body of the vehicle or creating noise while driving, I have yet to see this first and is quite curious to see... provided that someone happened to have pictures of the bar installed and witness marks of it hitting.

Also, CR-Z owners like myself have had similar issues with Progress rear anti-roll bars making contact with the car under suspension compression and it usually comes down to bar positioning (how far towards the back of the car the bar is) since it tends to tag the spare tire well along with a mix of ride height and spring/dampening rates. A little massaging might be needed to pull/slide the bar forward, closer to the front of the beam/car and help clear at least on the CR-Z's case.

Originally Posted by bill bosco
i have the progress bar on my '19 , stock height , have never had any issues with it . my only concern when i installed it was , how long will these welded tabs last ? , other than
that , i'm not sure how the bar can hit anything under the car , it basically runs parallel to the twist beam
If their quality control is the same as my rear bar, I wouldn't worry too much. I've gotten roughly 100k miles with my Progress bar and actually acquired it used... So far no problems with several years of autocross on it.

Originally Posted by freak4afit
Hey, a semi-local Texas Fit! Do you have any pictures of where the bar is hitting the vehicle? I'm really curious to see this and possibly figure out a way to solve this.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
I do have witness marks on my Progress bar from the contact that I believe is occurring and they are slightly off center on the bar. I will have to try reinstalling under preload as suggested. The big problem is that I am unable to install the bar per the Progress instructions. I had to unbolt the lower end of the shock from the rear beam in order to have enough room to place the wrench under the shock where we tighten the bolt heads. There is simply not enough room for my wrench set to slip in under the shock whilst everything is all bolted together.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
A wee bit late to the party but I had relayed to @USDM the GK5's rear beam hasn't changed as of yet. The only somewhat "difference" in beam design is that Sport and higher trim levels throughout GK5 production have a slightly stiffer/reinforced beam (like the GE8 Sport did) and the Base (or LX as Honda now calls it) does not. perch locations and designs are identical still from what I recall seeing.

In regards to the rear bar making contact with the body of the vehicle or creating noise while driving, I have yet to see this first and is quite curious to see... provided that someone happened to have pictures of the bar installed and witness marks of it hitting.

Also, CR-Z owners like myself have had similar issues with Progress rear anti-roll bars making contact with the car under suspension compression and it usually comes down to bar positioning (how far towards the back of the car the bar is) since it tends to tag the spare tire well along with a mix of ride height and spring/dampening rates. A little massaging might be needed to pull/slide the bar forward, closer to the front of the beam/car and help clear at least on the CR-Z's case.

If their quality control is the same as my rear bar, I wouldn't worry too much. I've gotten roughly 100k miles with my Progress bar and actually acquired it used... So far no problems with several years of autocross on it.

Hey, a semi-local Texas Fit! Do you have any pictures of where the bar is hitting the vehicle? I'm really curious to see this and possibly figure out a way to solve this.
yea i just checked Benardi's website , the beam axle does have a different part # for the sport , it's about $10 more .i wonder if it has less negative camber than the one they
use in my LX ?

Old 08-19-2019, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
USDM - LOL the fit photo dwarfing the miata in the background... A tiny fit making a tiny miata look even tinier made me laugh. Great combo you've got there.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Cruzin_Fit
USDM - LOL the fit photo dwarfing the miata in the background... A tiny fit making a tiny miata look even tinier made me laugh. Great combo you've got there.
Hahaha, thanks! The Miata actually belongs to a friend of mine, Suren. I don't own this Fit anymore though; I currently have a 2013 Fit.

Old 09-06-2019, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by USDM
A fellow GK5 owner, at a car meet, reported his rear sway bar making noises and I asked if he had completely tightened the hardware while the car was up in the air to which he replied yes. He redid the bolts with the bar preloaded and reported no more noise.

General rule of thumb/good practice for suspension is to hand-tighten the hardware, preload the suspension, and then torque to spec. A friend and I were lazy while installing the coilovers on my GK and my front sway bar was binding because we tightened the bolts while the car was sitting like this:

I had to drive the car up on some ramps to mimic the suspension being loaded up and we loosened and retightened the bolts as depicted below:

what's the hammer for ?

Old 09-06-2019, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by bill bosco
what's the hammer for ?
It was just in my friend's bag.