3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Whopsie over curve, drove ine, now wont mov

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2024, 06:17 PM
Smile Whopsie over curve, drove ine, now wont mov

Greetings Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and hoping to find some assistance regarding an issue with my 2017 Honda Fit. Apologies if this isn't the appropriate place to post, but I could really use some guidance.

Yesterday, I had an unfortunate incident where I accidentally drove over a small median curb. Fortunately, I was able to reverse out without any immediate issues and continued driving. However, when I stopped later in a remote area, I checked the front of the car and everything seemed fine. I then proceeded home without any noticeable problems.

Today, my wife took the car and noticed a noise, reminiscent of a belt, coming from the vehicle. She mentioned that the noise seemed to diminish when she turned off the ECO mode she also noted no smells or signs of smoke.. After driving approximately 40 miles, she parked the car for about 4 hours. Upon attempting to drive again, the car starts up normally, with no dashboard warning lights, smoke, or unusual smells observed during the drive. However, she noted that the car revs up but moves sluggishly. Additionally, I observed a significant amount of fluid in the driveway, though I'm uncertain whether it's oil or transmission fluid.

I won't be able to inspect the car until tomorrow, but any insights or advice on what might be causing these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Old 03-19-2024, 09:44 AM
Look at your check engine light and have the car's codes ran.

Old 03-19-2024, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
In the condition it's in the car shouldn't be driven. It shouldn't even be started up if that's engine oil..

Whatever happened presumably happened underneath the car and it really should be up on a hoist to be properly examined. If you have the equipment and can use it safely it could be jacked up enough to slide underneath with a flashlight for a look to see where the fluid is coming from and whether there is visible damage.