3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.
View Poll Results: What Color Are You Getting?
Aegean Blue Metallic
12.07%
Alabaster Silver Metallic
10.34%
Crystal Black Pearl
13.79%
Milano Red
8.62%
Modern Steel Metallic
12.07%
Mystic Yellow Pearl
12.07%
Passion Berry Pearl
12.07%
White Orchid Pearl
18.97%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

What Color Are You Getting?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SR45
Where did you get the estimates ? Would like to check on them from time to time to pass the time
Go to cars.com
Do a search for 2015 Honda fit
The statistics for each available color, model type or transmission type will be options shown on the left column.

Now, my numbers are are estimates based on a sampling of of all the dealers who list their inventories on cars.com. So it is not an actual production list. Thus far, very few cars have been sold, so you do not need to account for sold vehicles as will be the case once sales begin.

Approximately 800 of the 1000 Honda dealers post their inventories on cars.com. Some are very accurate and you will see change everyday as cars are sold and new cars are added. Others are a bit lazy and stay static for longer periods and therefore are not always up-to-date. And there are some dealers whose cars are not represented. But it is probably a fair bet that if the 800 dealers who do list their inventories do not have any of a particular color, then there probably have not been any made. Right now, the cars.com inventory for 2015 Fits includes 245 different dealers.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Thank you TCroly

Old 05-12-2014, 09:08 PM
According to KBB, there's a Passion Berry Pearl Fit on sale in Dartmouth, MA.

Does this mean they ARE manufacturing those colors now/soon?

I'm confused now.

Old 05-12-2014, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by narcisissma
According to KBB, there's a Passion Berry Pearl Fit on sale in Dartmouth, MA.

Does this mean they ARE manufacturing those colors now/soon?

I'm confused now.
The car referenced above at the Dartmouth MA dealer is one of the preproduction cars that were built before the production line was officially started up. You can tell by the very low vin Number. There may also be some white, yellow and manual transmission cars from the preproduction run of cars cars here and there. My dealer had told me that he would try to get me one of the preproduction manual cars, but he could not.

When production actually starts, they typically make runs of dozens of cars in a row of the same color or of the same trim level. The factory has started with producing mainly EX CVTs of the 4 colors reference in my estimates post.

One dealer has posted an LX 6MT car today, but I think it may just be a mistake in listing, just as many dealers list crystal black cars as "crystal" and they get categorized as white. But here's hoping that the manuals will begin production soon.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:56 AM
5 Year Member
Stock is also listed while in transit sometimes.

Old 05-13-2014, 03:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xorbe
Stock is also listed while in transit sometimes.
That is a very important thing to note. A majority of the cars listed on cars.com are not sitting on dealer lots. From Honda Fits to Chevy Suburbans, most dealers list their cars as soon as they know what is coming in. In some cases this includes cars that have already been pre-sold. So never ever expect for sure that a listed car is going to be at the dealer, just because you see it listed on cars.com. And the floor sales people will try to sell you what they have in stock, rather than what may be coming in. And they will lie to you about what is coming in in an effort to make you feel that you must buy what they have.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:21 AM
I tried to email the dealership in Dartmouth to see if they did in fact have a Passion Berry Pearl, but all I got was a lame marketing message that didn't answer my question.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by TCroly
The car referenced above at the Dartmouth MA dealer is one of the preproduction cars that were built before the production line was officially started up. You can tell by the very low vin Number. There may also be some white, yellow and manual transmission cars from the preproduction run of cars cars here and there. My dealer had told me that he would try to get me one of the preproduction manual cars, but he could not.
Is there any drawback to getting a preproduction car?

Old 05-13-2014, 03:02 PM
^ i can't imagine white being 0%. white should be quite popular, shouldn't it?

last gen it was a no brainer when it came to color choices. i picked the citrus one to match my tabby cat's lucious coat. this time i don't like any of the color selections. i don't like dark colors and the rest of the "standard" colors are boring. i never like blue and that only leaves yellow, which to me looks like cheap toys and reminds me of NYC's yellow taxis.

part of me wants to wait till next year's model to see if:
- there are better color choices
- better audio display tech stuff - something that works w/ mirror link.
- more reliability data from the new factory

Last edited by Surviver of the Fittest; 05-13-2014 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
If I were getting a 2015 I would choose white. Does anyone know if this white is an iridescent/ pearl white or a plain white like Taffeta?

Old 05-13-2014, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by sooznd
If I were getting a 2015 I would choose white. Does anyone know if this white is an iridescent/ pearl white or a plain white like Taffeta?
It's called White Orchid Pearl

Old 05-13-2014, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
Think he meant what "type" of white it look like.I like to google image search the color name, cars usually share paint color lots.

https://www.google.com/search?q=whit...w=1920&bih=955

Looks like it is very close to Taffeta. It doesn't appear to have a "pearly" look/shine to it but that could just be because its a picture.

Old 05-13-2014, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Emirii
Think he meant what "type" of white it look like.I like to google image search the color name, cars usually share paint color lots.

https://www.google.com/search?q=whit...w=1920&bih=955

Looks like it is very close to Taffeta. It doesn't appear to have a "pearly" look/shine to it but that could just be because its a picture.
thanks exactly what I meant-- it could be named "pearl" but not be metallic or iridescent looking. I really do like the iridescent metallic white color. Toyota Prius comes in a nice white like that

Old 05-13-2014, 04:53 PM
I had a 2011 Fit Taffeta White, and the new 2015 Orchid Pearl that I saw (picture only) a while back had a different, and more pleasing shine to it, than Taffeta. But that was a picture however. Cannot find it at this moment.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
Regarding the link to all those photos- the one of the Honda Accord looks like closest to a metallic white and it is called "white orchid pearl" so would love to see the 2015 Fit and all the colors in person.

Am also curious about the blue on the new Fit. I usually favor blue over any other color and loved the shades of blue on the GE & GD Fits- but this Aegean blue looks too much like a crayola crayon blue to me.