3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 Dealer Price...and What You Paid

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 09:22 AM
5 Year Member
seriously, there has to be a better way...

there are anywhere between 15-30 cars of exactly the configuration you want in inventory across many dealerships in any major metropolitan area.

you would think that with no real differentiating factors between dealerships that the price would need to be very similar from one place to the next.

but i'm finding there's actually a +/- $1-2k, and the only way to know this by shopping around, which dealers hate. getting quotes in person are more reliable than getting quotes over the phone/internet. but that is seriously a lot of legwork.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by laughter95
seriously, there has to be a better way...

there are anywhere between 15-30 cars of exactly the configuration you want in inventory across many dealerships in any major metropolitan area.

you would think that with no real differentiating factors between dealerships that the price would need to be very similar from one place to the next.

but i'm finding there's actually a +/- $1-2k, and the only way to know this by shopping around, which dealers hate. getting quotes in person are more reliable than getting quotes over the phone/internet. but that is seriously a lot of legwork.
This is why it's hard for people to trust dealerships. The logic stands that if all dealerships paid around the same invoice price, they should all be quoting similar sticker prices - some dealerships have a harder time letting go of that profit.

Old 02-25-2015, 02:20 AM
5 Year Member
Talking

Originally Posted by jabbatheshutup
I'm in Northern Virginia.

2015 Honda Fit EX-L with NAV in White Orchid Pearl for 21,000 OTD
Accessories: All Season Floor Mats, Splash Guards, Wheel Locks, Cargo Tray

I hope I did ok?
"Vehicle: $19524.72 (this INCLUDES destination/freight)
Dealer Processing Fee: $599.00
Sales Tax: $813.53
Purchaser's Online System Filing Fee: $10.00
Tags, Title, License: $52.75
Grand Total: 21,000

I did not have a trade-in. My previous car was totaled

FOR A: 2015 Honda Fit EX-L w/ NAV White Orchid Pearl"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is a tremendous deal for a FIT with NAV because the MSRP is 21,500. You got approx. 2000.00 off MSRP!?!?!?!?

My hat is off to you!!

I may try that at some point next year when my 2009 FIT Turns into a pumpkin.

Last edited by FITEsq; 02-25-2015 at 02:26 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lavellex
I want a 2015 automatic Ex model in Dallas, Tx. What would be the best deal I could get? What should I offer? MSRP is $19025.
A few pages back you'll find details on my EX CVT with splash guards, tint, cargo mat, and pinstripe for 19,000 out the door at David McDavid in Irving. Call around other places first so you can approach them as someone who is shopping around and ready to buy immediately, and you might get there.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Cwb540
I got my EX CVT last week, sticker price $19,180. Paid $17,900 with window tinted, OTD $19,852.95 with free oil change for 1 year ( 2 oil changes) and life time powertrain warranty ( PowerLife ). 0% APR for 60 mo., $4,852.95 down $250/mo.
So Cal area.
Thank you to SparknDutch for this deal.
Hey buddy! I'm glad to hear you got an awesome deal. Enjoy your new Fit.

***Anyone in the Southern California area (Los Angeles County or neighboring counties) to check out Galpin Honda in Mission Hills. They are rated #2 in the Nation for a reason. Let me know for exact info in who to talk to!
-Ricky

Old 02-25-2015, 07:19 PM
I paid 18.5 K for an LX CVT out the door. I think I paid too much. Another dealer earlier in the day was asking 19.9K. Went with the lower price. Still too high apparently. Yes?

Old 02-25-2015, 10:27 PM
$17,500 plus dealer fee, tag and 6.5% tax = $19,500 out the door for EX MT.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:59 PM
Philadelphia, PA.

Just put down a refundable deposit on a 2015 Fit LX, no accessories, for $16k even, $17,493 OTD. They started at $16.4, then agreed to $16k only if I put down the deposit and buy it tomorrow.

I haven't even test driven this car yet, or seen the colors in person, but I'm in a rush and started the negotiating process and didn't realize it would happen so fast. The offers I received from other dealerships were higher than that, around $16.5k plus taxes & tags, so once I knew it was refundable I agreed to do a $500 down payment and used my credit card.

Only problem for me (besides not test driving yet, which could be the deal breaker) is that it's a silver one, and I really wanted the metallic gray one. But I haven't seen them in person yet so who knows, maybe I'll like the silver better.

I'm going to test drive tonight, and I'll be checking out the metallic gray one in person, then if I have time, driving over to another dealership to look at the silver one in person. If I like the car, and the silver is okay, I'll be going through with the deal I put a deposit on.

While I'm at the dealership with the metallic gray one, if I like the car, I might see if they can meet/beat the $16k, $17.5k OTD that I have on the table.

This is all so stressful! Is this a good deal? What do you all think of the color difference between silver and metallic gray?

Old 02-27-2015, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
2015 Honda Fit EX w/CVT, aegean blue

northern va

joyce koons honda

$17,838.00 sale price
$752.76 va sales tax of 4.05% and va dealer business license, $30.32
$22 tag transfer and titling
$16 va inspection sticker
$18,628.76 OTD

includes trade-in and paid in cash. OTD price was determined before they knew i had a trade, via online emailed quote. it appeared that the OTD price would not change regardless of trade. trade price matched carmax appraisal.

for comparison: $20,145 (fuck that guy), $19,500, $19,400, $19,000, $18,500, $18,250...

the lowest three of the above quotes are all from one dealership in the area. the $18,250 came in from them via email within the hour before I signed my purchase agreement. mind you, this was just a couple hours after i talked to them on the phone during my test drive, and at that time the same guy quoted me $18,500. fuck that shit, this is not ebay auction sniping. how can a buyer prepare to buy when you drop your prices erratically like a slutty drunk. it's shit like this that makes car buying difficult, because you're left with not knowing when the "best price" is the real price.

I obtained price quotes by calling in, without disclosing who's quoting what. once i got everyone's numbers, it was easy to cut out those who priced themselves out of the market, despite their promise to "beat anyone's deals". this narrowed me down to 3 dealerships. and then it's just a conversation with each of them to understand how they run their business, and whether it's compatible with the way you want to do business with them.

further notes on joyce koons honda:

doug miller, internet sales manager.
luis ramirez, sales person.
tim rowan, finance manager
the other sales manger who approved my OTD. didn't get his name, also nice guy.

accessories included: mud guards, wheel locks, door edge guards, cargo tray, pin stripe
extras included:
- lifetime powertrain warranty, underwritten by dealership. maintenance must be performed at factory-recommended intervals and can be done by anyone. warranty work is serviceable by anyone. maintained as long as you keep detailed service records (e.g. detailed invoice) for all work at all intervals.
- lifetime oil and filters changed w/out limit, in accordance with the maintenance minder <15% oil life.
- free state inspection forever

if anyone's buying in the DC area and are trying to figure out which dealership to purchase from, here are some relevant notes:

1. as of right now, no one else in the area is doing the lifetime powertrain warranty that doesn't require the seller to be the exclusive service/maintenance provider, and free forever oil changes.
2. doug miller's OTD figure was given to me right after the first call, without me asking, and was immediately the second-lowest figure amongst 10 other dealerships in the area. they never budged on that number, despite my testing.
3. luis ramirez, a super low-pressure guy who has been selling honda over a decade. also super patient. if you come in and ask to check all 5 of the same car that they currently have in inventory, at least do it during the slow part of the day on a weekday, and definitely buy a car from him. 100% honest. flawless service.
4. tim rowan is also super-transparent and super low-pressure. their first OTD figure was configured based on a new 1-year VA registration. since it was later decided to simply transfer title, he adjusted my OTD to ~$60 lower, without me asking. offered me $1,636 for bumper to bumper warranty extended through the end of the 7th year of ownership. i declined, but this could be desirable for some buyers. good to have this to think about buying before you actually get to the dealership. this was the only one thing the guy offered me before i signed my papers. no upselling, no shady shit like everyone says about car dealerships.

everyone was low-pressure. their OTD and their freebies made it the most economically logical choice for me. they were 100% honest and transparent. every interaction with them, from beginning to end, was honestly as easy as carmax. their whole culture seems to revolve around ensuring you're happy, regardless of whether you buy from them.

hope this was helpful to someone.

Last edited by laughter95; 02-27-2015 at 10:47 PM. Reason: forgot what car
Old 02-28-2015, 04:05 PM
Washington DC
2015 Fit EX-L.
$20712.15 OTD. Before financing.

Did I get ripped off?

Old 02-28-2015, 05:25 PM
New user here, first post. Very excited to pick up my brand new Fit on Tuesday.

Vehicle: 2015 Honda Fit EX w/ CVT in Modern Steel Metallic
Sticker price: $19,180.00
Extras: All season mats, remote starter
OTD price: $20,069.00

$0 down, paying off the full amount in the first payment.

I think I did OK.

Last edited by Lublin; 02-28-2015 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by bklynrickel
I paid 18.5 K for an LX CVT out the door. I think I paid too much. Another dealer earlier in the day was asking 19.9K. Went with the lower price. Still too high apparently. Yes?
Well, I think I overpaid at least a little, but my wife and I are delighted with this little car. A little too much money maybe, but two happy campers - and that is priceless. Yes?

Last edited by bklynrickel; 02-28-2015 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bklynrickel
Well, I think I overpaid at least a little, but my wife and I are delighted with this little car. A little too much money maybe, but two happy campers - and that is priceless. Yes?
so true. i'm not sure if you overpaid by even as much as $1k, but even so, that's not a big deal if you are happy campers. do go camping w/ur car, i'm sure it'll be very good for car camping.

Originally Posted by Fit2BeTyed
Washington DC
2015 Fit EX-L.
$20712.15 OTD. Before financing.

Did I get ripped off?
What? no, not at all. i was in the dealership that day waffling between an EX and an EX-L. for an EX-L w/CVT no nav, and they wanted $20,330. that's just a delta of $382.

hope the interest rate was reasonable, however. regardless, deal is done, just enjoy the car. this car won't make the average consumer poor, regardless of price variation, and that's what's so great about it!

Old 03-01-2015, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member
Passion berry purple Fit EX CVT
Bill Kay Honda Bourbonnais IL (salesman: Bert...great guy)

$19,180.00 MSRP
$18,044.34 Special Internet Sale Price
$25.00 CVR
$168.43 Doc Fee
$1139.86 6.25% Sales Tax
$196.00 New Plates and Title
$19,573.63 Total Vehicle Cost

I had a $1300 trade in too and added splashgaurds (so add $100+ cannot remember how much more it was).

In the end I think I paid $~18,400

Best thing about the whole deal were the people at the dealership. I emailed them and asked for an out the door price breakdown and....they gave it to me without issue. I had already gone through truecar.com and found the price range I deemed acceptable and their quote was right there. Now we were at the dealership too long (super busy) but aside from that every single person there was extremely nice, they verified the quote with me, no haggling on price, no fighting me on financing, warranty....they were very matter of fact with me. Fantastic.

I tried asking other dealers for the out the door breakdown and they always started with something else before giving me what I asked for, talked about everything but the whole breakdown. One even flat out lied to me (same lie 3 times from three different people).

Old 03-01-2015, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Paid $18,878.00 out the door in So. Cal
OWP 2015 EX MT
Got an added all weather mat plus a free oil change.
Did all negotiations through email. When we agreed on the price, I came in with an Auto Convenience Check from my Credit Union and was driving home the car within 30 minutes.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:33 PM
Gray Metallic LX MT (North Carolina)
1. Paid $17,135 including tax tag and title ($15,962 before), no trade.
2. Get free oil changes for life (@15% or 7,000 mi whichever comes first)
3. Turned down all options and preps. It's more satisfying for me to get them myself and build it up.

Dealers around here seem to be choking on the manuals left over that people don't want. There are about 4 or 5 manuals for every CVT in the LX trim. Another dealer offered me $100 less OTD, but without the free oil changes and they were farther away so I couldn't take advantage of shuttle service if I needed it.

Last edited by Redd; 03-01-2015 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:13 PM
Modern Steel Metallic, all the way! Have fun, and I almost wish I had skipped the extras with all the 'ups' discussion and exhibition on this site.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:41 AM
1. Crystal Black Pearl LX CVT
2. Los Angeles County
3. MSRP $17,270
4. OTD price $17,578! No extras/accessories/extended warranty etc.

First post . I emailed 10 dealerships asking for their best OTD price and just forwarded the best quote to all the dealerships until only 1 remained. I just ignored any dealerships that wanted me to come in for an OTD quote. Never spoke on the phone with a sales person or stepped foot in a dealership until the day I bought my car. Pretty happy with my first car buying experience and looking forward to hanging around these forums some more!

Old 03-03-2015, 09:29 PM
Question Honda Financing

I see that some people are able to get 0% or 0.9% APR financing from Honda as recently as February. When I look at Honda's Current Offers page I see nothing available for the Fit. Is this likely to change at different points throughout the year?

When I get back to the US and need a car I will be able to afford to buy the Fit I want outright, but if I can get financing at a lower APR than the money is currently making me in interest I would want to do that.

Is there a time or trick I can use to get these better financing deals?

Old 03-03-2015, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by gswh2
I see that some people are able to get 0% or 0.9% APR financing from Honda as recently as February. When I look at Honda's Current Offers page I see nothing available for the Fit. Is this likely to change at different points throughout the year?

When I get back to the US and need a car I will be able to afford to buy the Fit I want outright, but if I can get financing at a lower APR than the money is currently making me in interest I would want to do that.

Is there a time or trick I can use to get these better financing deals?
Fits normally don't go on 0% financing. I'd wait til end of the year sale when the new year model comes out.

Quick Reply: 2015 Dealer Price...and What You Paid