3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 Dealer Price...and What You Paid

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by etana
Bought today after Edmunds price quotes, followed up by phone calls and emails from about local 5-6 dealers, with each of my replies to them resulting in competitively lower prices.

Honda Fit CVT LX "no accessories"*
Alabaster Silver
Silver Spring MD; dealer Pohanka Capital Heights MD (COSTCO referred)

$15,786 Price of vehicle
$300 DOC
$965 Taxes
$295 Title
$4 tire recycling
OTD $17,350 (no financing)

I think this is a terrific price! I am very happy! I would have paid $18,000, was hoping for $17,800 based on research on this thread and Edmunds.com

* Accessories. I immediately saw the car had door edging. After I paid, and the sales rep was showing me around the car, I notice the pin stripes. He then pointed out the wheel locks and mud guards and helium in 4 tires. For no extra money and no hassle from the dealer.
Once we get Edmunds price guarantee certificate, do we need to follow up with the contact given in certificate. Are these dealers suppose to honor Edmunds price guarantee certificate?
You got a very nice deal for LX CVT. It is $1500 below Honda msrp.
Thanks

Old 01-21-2015, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
Add on nonsense from dealers

I received some quotes using Edmunds. Two dealers sent me a low quote. One dealer gave very low quote for EX CVT. They actually promised me to honor the price quote. When we are ready to buy, they asked me to pay $1800 for this add on's which bought price back to Honda MSRP. What is the point of sucking in customers with cheap price promise. It is actually same car (VIN) they promised me through edmunds price quote. Why don't they consider addon's as well at the time of sending price promise certificate. Anyway they refuse to sell without addon's. Then why do they skip that important information in the price promise. Why does edmunds also cheat customers with sneaky dealers by giving cheap price promises. I am pretty sure Honda is also part of this process.

Old 01-22-2015, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ritholtz
I received some quotes using Edmunds. Two dealers sent me a low quote. One dealer gave very low quote for EX CVT. They actually promised me to honor the price quote. When we are ready to buy, they asked me to pay $1800 for this add on's which bought price back to Honda MSRP. What is the point of sucking in customers with cheap price promise. It is actually same car (VIN) they promised me through edmunds price quote. Why don't they consider addon's as well at the time of sending price promise certificate. Anyway they refuse to sell without addon's. Then why do they skip that important information in the price promise. Why does edmunds also cheat customers with sneaky dealers by giving cheap price promises. I am pretty sure Honda is also part of this process.
I wonder if this could be considered bait and switch which is illegal.

I would contact Edmunds and see what they say

I my brother suggested telling them you will post your reviews on yelp and Google reviews and in the Local papers if they don't honor the Edmunds price

Did you ask specifically for a quote with no accessories? You need to write that in every email so it's written everywhere

Old 01-22-2015, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by etana
I wonder if this could be considered bait and switch which is illegal.

I would contact Edmunds and see what they say

I my brother suggested telling them you will post your reviews on yelp and Google reviews and in the Local papers if they don't honor the Edmunds price

Did you ask specifically for a quote with no accessories? You need to write that in every email so it's written everywhere
Their internet sales person called me and confirmed the appointment. He also agreed to honor the price. I crosschecked about honoring the price. It is exactly the same vehicle. I am checking reviews on yelp. Few people are already mentioned this bait and switch from davidHonda. Edmunds is also misleading buyers with sneaky dealers. If the vehicle is already equipped with these addon's why not just be upfront and list it out.

Lot of review from yelp with similar stories with davidHonda. It is exactly same thing happened to me. According to reviews, they actually show different vehicle and ask for addons. In my case, it is exactly the same vehicle with VIN mentioned in email.

Last edited by ritholtz; 01-22-2015 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:04 PM
I wasted a lot of time thinking that I could get a deal at the McDavid's (both Irving and Frisco). I actually thought they'd negotiate with me. Save your time and money and check out Lute Riley. That's where I ultimately bought my 2015 EX-L. Top notch dealership with a great service center.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lawbruin
I wasted a lot of time thinking that I could get a deal at the McDavid's (both Irving and Frisco). I actually thought they'd negotiate with me. Save your time and money and check out Lute Riley. That's where I ultimately bought my 2015 EX-L. Top notch dealership with a great service center.
Hi,
I wasted couple of trips as well. Reached out to general manager based on edmunds customer service feedback. As they do not have any vehicle without add ons, he took $500 deposit and ordered one for edmunds price promise.
Any idea how much worth these add ons (tint, cargo tray, some door inserts and guards, pine stripes). I just need tint and cargo tray. I would like to get a honda car without pine stripe for a change. They are asking $800 for these things with edmunds price promise. I am thinking of offering $600 and get the car on lot rather than waiting for new car to come from factory. Though general manager looks nice, not sure what might change with this price promise by the time car arrives from factory. What do you think?

Thanks

Old 01-23-2015, 09:48 AM
hey bring it to the pavillions we have a fit arizona chapter

Old 01-23-2015, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
Hi,
I wasted couple of trips as well. Reached out to general manager based on edmunds customer service feedback. As they do not have any vehicle without add ons, he took $500 deposit and ordered one for edmunds price promise.
Any idea how much worth these add ons (tint, cargo tray, some door inserts and guards, pine stripes). I just need tint and cargo tray. I would like to get a honda car without pine stripe for a change. They are asking $800 for these things with edmunds price promise. I am thinking of offering $600 and get the car on lot rather than waiting for new car to come from factory. Though general manager looks nice, not sure what might change with this price promise by the time car arrives from factory. What do you think?

Thanks
Is this deposit non refundable. If I can get reasonable offer from other dealers, I can go for it right instead of waiting? Not sure how long they are going to get my car. They can delay it forever in order to not to respect edmunds promised price. I paid with credit card. So I can dispute there. But I did not get any paperwork. It is just a simple receipt for credit card transaction. Do they need to give me all the information including out the door price written over a contract.
Thanks

Last edited by ritholtz; 01-23-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by wcfields
1. LX - Dealer Tinted Windows, KARR Alarm preinstalled, This dealer also offers "Free" Lifetime Powertrain Warranty on all cars sold.

2. Los Angeles, CA (Diamond Honda of Glendale)
3. 19,500+tax+title+registration
4. Out the door: $18,500

Also talked them down to 1.59% APR @ 60 months to match what my bank would have given me.
I bought 2013 Honda Accord from that dealer, but they told me that the dealer does not do tinted windows... How much extra was the tint?

Old 01-24-2015, 12:57 AM
How did I do?

This is my first new car ever so not sure if I got a good deal or not. Those car sales men are so slick. So, hoping you guys can tell me if I got an okay deal or if I got ripped off. I live in Hawaii so the price will be a bit higher, plus I live on the Big Island which only has one Honda dealership (two car lots but both owned by the same company)

2015 Honda Fit LX automatic transmission
$19,300 out the door
($18,171.75 cash delivered price / $19,300 after tax and title)
Traded in a 2004 Mazda MPV (They gave me $1000 for the trade in)

The car came with what I think is called the "protection package" (Zurich shield, all weather floor mats, cargo area mat, and door edge guards) and the bumper guard decal.

What do you guys think?

Old 01-24-2015, 01:03 AM
Definitely high but it's hard to say how pricing is affected with being in Hawaii. For $400 more, I got the EX automatic, which I think is normally like $1800-2000 more than the LX auto.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
Is there any hidden fee for processing loan from dealer? How much interest you guys are paying for the loan taken from dealer.
Thanks

Old 01-24-2015, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by christine bought a fit
2015 Honda Fit LX automatic transmission
$19,300 out the door
?
I paid $105 less than that for an EX CVT

Old 01-24-2015, 04:31 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied. I appreciate it, I just wanted to get some perspective.

Originally Posted by briank82
Definitely high but it's hard to say how pricing is affected with being in Hawaii. For $400 more, I got the EX automatic, which I think is normally like $1800-2000 more than the LX auto.

Hmmmm, this price difference is interesting. I had a friend who bought an EX Automatic a few weeks before me from the same dealership and she paid $23,043 out the door ($21,187 cash delivered price, not sure why her fees were so much more then mine) but I know she also negotiated to get the extended warranty, the window rain guards, and bumper decal.

Old 01-24-2015, 04:41 PM
Is there any hidden fee for processing loan from dealer? How much interest you guys are paying for the loan taken from dealer.
Thanks

No financing...not sure about the hidden fees but $19,300 is what I paid for the car. After my trade in, I cut a check for $18,300

I would post a picture of the window sticker (but don't know how) because there was an Adjusted Market Value total that I have no idea how they came to that price because no matter how I add up the other numbers it never adds up to the Adjusted Dealer Price. So, it might just be some BS dealer thing...lol. But, the Adjusted Dealer Price was $18,892, which I think is based on some sort of mark up since we're in Hawaii and the protection package thing.

Just in case you guys are interested, I did get a few other quotes from two other dealers on Oahu, which is the main island so the cars go there first and prices are a bit cheaper also there is a ton more competition. One was a dealership near my mom's house and they quoted me $18,908 out the door including shipping to the Big Island.

The second place was the Costco dealership and they quoted me a better price which was $18,239.47 out the door but not including the shipping to the Big Island which would have been about $350 on top of that. It would have also taken about 2 weeks for the dealership to get the vehicle and depending on what day they shipped out to my island, another week or so to get to the Big Island and then I would have to go down to the dock to pick it up.

The Oahu dealers would not have taken my trade in and in all honesty I don't think I could have sold my van to a private party in good conscience because even though it's driving really well right now I had lot's of mechanical problems last year and I felt like it was a ticking time bomb. However, I did feel like I could trade it in to a dealership without feeling guilty...lol. Also, it was a bit more convenient.

In hindsight, next time I'll order from Costco and not wait until my current vehicle turns into a pile of crap so I won't be so rushed...lol

Thanks again, if anyone else has anymore advice or info to add I'd be interested in hearing other opinions and perspectives

Old 01-25-2015, 10:22 PM
Fit Cost Breakdown - August 2014

Name:  DxcNrak.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  59.3 KB

OTD was $21,399
Mud flaps just turned up at no additional charge.
This required a June to August delivery wait, financing smoke and mirrors (resulting from dealership double-talk re. our intended credit union financing) and the disappearance of our salesperson's extension number within 30 days after delivery. I could not stand her job.

Last edited by Fitster C.; 01-25-2015 at 11:20 PM. Reason: improve image
Old 01-26-2015, 05:55 AM
Best deal here? =)

Hello everyone!

I'm excited to be a new member here as I just traded in my 2013 Fit Sport for a 2015 Fit EX-L w/Navigation literally a few hours ago.

I purchased my Fit at Galpin Honda in Mission Hills, California.
For..... $19,4XX.00 before taxes. I think I did very well with my negotiation and was an easy transaction since ive dealt plenty of business thre before. Anyone in Southern Caifornia, should only go there! I will suggest who to talk via pm.

Also came with lifetime powertrain warranty and one year free maintainence.

-Ricky

Last edited by SparknDutch; 01-26-2015 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:31 PM
1. EX-L, CVT
2. Milwaukee, WI
3. MSRP: $20,590
4. Paid: $19,584

Last edited by GoBucky; 01-26-2015 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:52 PM
Silver LX, CVT
Dallas, TX
Paid $16,863 +TT&L.
This was $200 above the TrueCar price; the dealer wanted something for the window tint. The TrueCar price included The Honda Protection Package (splash guards, wheel locks, and rear cargo tray) and Honda's 3 Year Paint & Fabric warranty (buff the paint, clean the fabric type thing). Plus, the dealer fills the tires with nitrogen in all of its cars and provides 2 free oil changes.

My wife discovered a nice bonus after we left the dealer...carpet floor mats. We didn't notice these when looking at the car, nor were they in the trunk like the EX we looked at. Sweet.

Aside from a dead battery at four weeks old, the Fit has been excellent.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:12 AM
Weird but sweet; Rule!

Quick Reply: 2015 Dealer Price...and What You Paid